OOC Thread

defunctdeity
Strider
Strider

OOC Thread

#1 Post by defunctdeity »

Hey all, just wanted to start this thread so we could come here to discuss any out-of-character things, game related or no.

defunctdeity
Strider
Strider

Re: OOC Thread

#2 Post by defunctdeity »

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that I decided to add another player to the campaign. Marullus expressed interest in the campaign concept and had some character ideas as well as some BW/torchbearer experience. Should be a great addition!

Spectreman17
Guide
Guide

#3 Post by Spectreman17 »

sweet, how are our other players looking on character sheets? I'd like to get this game started. Also, if you still haven't heard from pointyears, she might have dropped this campaign... send her a PM cuz i don't know.

defunctdeity
Strider
Strider

#4 Post by defunctdeity »

Haven't heard from Rusty in a bit though he did have a concept and seemed interested-ish still, I just sent him another PM earlier today to make sure he's still participating. Hopefully the forum being up will help.

With pointyears, I've honestly been operating under the assumption that she had dropped out for more than a week now, which is why I brought Marullus on. If you can convince her to come back she's still more than welcome. It didn't seem like having Elves were make or break for her but I guess they were, so I'm sorry for that. I truly just didn't think I could do as good of a job with them (as I knew I didn't have much time to do the learning about their systems).

As for Summoning, I haven't had time to look into it yet, which I apologize for Spectreman, I do want to look at it still cuz we know there is summoning in ASoIaF with Melisandre's shadow... baby... thing. But if it comes down to it, I'd be fine with improvising a mechanic too if your PC gets to the point where he's gonna do it.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Marullus »

defunctdeity wrote:As for Summoning, I haven't had time to look into it yet, which I apologize for Spectreman, I do want to look at it still cuz we know there is summoning in ASoIaF with Melisandre's shadow... baby... thing. But if it comes down to it, I'd be fine with improvising a mechanic too if your PC gets to the point where he's gonna do it.
Summoning is interesting and could work. If you want a simpler answer, it can be Faith. Just set the obstacle and roll it, be it shadow-babies, seeing the future in the flames, etc. The rituals (burning people alive, etc) can be Ritual skill linked tests.

defunctdeity
Strider
Strider

#6 Post by defunctdeity »

Hey guys, I've just added Dram to the list of players. He expressed interest in learning a new system in your Verdorben thread Spectre, and I am interested in reliable players so I've brought him on. Rusty and Pointyears are both still welcome and I hope they show up, but I also want to get moving with the campaign so we'll keep moving forward.

Dram lacks BW experience but so do most everyone involved with this campaign, so I look forward to all learning together! Dram will be playing a pre-gen PC from - I think - the Verdorben campaign pdf. I'll start a thread for a short Beliefs workshop, though most of what we have so far look good.

After that I'll put up a few more campaign resource threads/posts, and we'll kick up the first scene!

Of note; Thursday is my IRL groups meet up, so I may not get much done til Friday, and my weekends are generally busy, but I would anticipate kicking the RP off on Sunday or Monday.

Thank you all for your patience!

defunctdeity
Strider
Strider

#7 Post by defunctdeity »

Hey all, just a heads up; Dram bowed out, however pointyearedrogue got in touch with me on Friday and is back in. We can expect her PC to be submitted soon, at which point we'll make sure Beliefs jive and we'll get goin' as soon as we can.

Thanks for hanging in there!

defunctdeity
Strider
Strider

#8 Post by defunctdeity »

Hey guys, so I kind of figured there's a reason I've played TTRPGs for more than 20 years and never once tried to do a PBP: the format and interface is just not for me.

I truly do appreciate the time you guys put into up to this point, but I'm done.

Best wishes.
DD

Return to “Let the Gods Sort 'em Out (Burning Wheel)”