OOC Chatter

#1 Post by Marullus »

Discuss anything. :)

Verrain
Strider
Strider

Re: OOC Chatter

#2 Post by Verrain »

Quick question, what time zone is everybody in? I'm in the Central Time Zone.

Spectreman17
Guide
Guide

#3 Post by Spectreman17 »

I'm currently on fire. Californian here.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by ffilz »

Pacific for me. Usually can’t post on the he weekend.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Marullus »

Eastern. :)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Eastern for me, too.

Verrain
Strider
Strider

#7 Post by Verrain »

It has gotten awful quiet. Anybody need a hand with something?

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Craigers07 »

Central

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by ffilz »

It’s been a crazy week for me between work and getting my Christmas Lego village expanded and put together. Next week should be a bit better then I’m off for two weeks for the holidays and I’m not sure what my time will look like.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Spectreman17
Guide
Guide

#10 Post by Spectreman17 »

Crazy week here, had to evacuate my family. I'm back and ready.

Should I do full burn for my father since I purchased him as a relationship?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Marullus »

Glad to hear you are okay!

If you pay the 10pts for a Bodyguard or Squire, you burn them up and keep track of them. If they are just a relationship I will usually do it. (But I do take outlines and suggestions. :) )

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by Craigers07 »

I'm glad to hear you're ok as well.

I've been really busy with work and sick kids. I'll finish up my character sheet soon.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I don't really know what to do next with my character... I'm happy with my life paths, but I don't really what to do next. I know I need to spend physical and mental points. What on? Sorry for being such a noob.

Verrain
Strider
Strider

#14 Post by Verrain »

They get spent on your stats.

Rusty, try making your character on this website https://charred.herokuapp.com/#/

It has a lot of stuff automated so it might help guide you.

I also have a PDF of a character burner worksheet I could send you if you want.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Marullus »

No worries, Rusty! Asking for help is good. :) I'll post a crib-sheet for you on the other thread as I did for Craigers07.

Anyone who needs help with the sheet, please ask. Otherwise I'm trusting you to do that math.

I'd like everyone to focus for this week on:
  • Have your lifepaths set.
  • Identify your primary NPC relationship and what your Oath to them is.
  • Also post a primary Belief about the current situation.
  • Show your relationships on the Line of Durin if you have the Dvergar trait, or if you're related to other PCs if born Guilder/Clansmen.
  • Determine if you're having a Squire/Bodyguard or Gang/Crew, which will be part of the core story.
  • Spend the rest of your resource points so we know your reputations, relationships, and affiliations, if possible.
  • Finish up allocation of stat/skill/trait points.
You'll have four beliefs total (with the Oath); defining at least one about the scenario and defining your NPCs and Oaths will help provide a core understanding of what your guy is about. This will then allow me to provide an NPC relationship map and will allow you to form some of your remaining Beliefs to interact with the beliefs/concepts of the other PCs.

Spectreman17
Guide
Guide

#16 Post by Spectreman17 »

Where should we post our character sheets? I feel like an editable thread containing just our character sheets would be an effective way of viewing each other's sheets and progress on completing them.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Marullus »

Yep! Thanks for creating it.

I'd like you to each post your own sheet there so you can edit it (as well as me). You'll be in charge of editing during gameplay to track tests towards advancement, Artha, etc.

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Craigers07 »

I got my character sheet up and still need to fill the rest in. I'm still thinking about the details of how I ended up as a foot soldier.

I'm ready to start playing this week.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Marullus »

Thank you guys for being Awesome. :)

I need beliefs and relationships before we really kick off, as they're the game drivers. I am good starting this week if we can get there, but I am okay waiting until after Christmas, too.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by ffilz »

Marullus wrote:Thank you guys for being Awesome. :)

I need beliefs and relationships before we really kick off, as they're the game drivers. I am good starting this week if we can get there, but I am okay waiting until after Christmas, too.
I may not be able to devote much time until after New Years, I will try, but I'm on vacation this week and next, and spending the day doing family stuff and not so much computer time...

Frank

Return to “The Rise of Smaug (Burning Wheel)”