OOC Chatter

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chatter

#21 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

After New Years for me, too. But I have the week after Christmas off work, so I hope to be able to devote a chunk of time to finishing my character.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Marullus »

That's all good. :) Family first!

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Marullus »

Merry Christmas!
cc68905b03725370655b2daf53f8fa62--christmas-quotes-christmas-books.jpg
cc68905b03725370655b2daf53f8fa62--christmas-quotes-christmas-books.jpg (16.94 KiB) Viewed 845 times

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by Craigers07 »

Merry Christmas!

I'm looking forward to the start of this game after the New Year begins.

Spectreman17
Guide
Guide

#25 Post by Spectreman17 »

Happy New Year everybody. Let's get those character sheets wrapped up and the game rolling

Spectreman17
Guide
Guide

#26 Post by Spectreman17 »

Status Updates?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Marullus »

Work went off the rails this week. I need to sit down and compile things across the sheets and then can kick things off.

I appreciate the Belief Workshop you guys were having in the other thread - if you can ensure you have coached each other through Beliefs and have self-checked the sheets as a group, that is an immense help -- if sheets and beliefs are ready, it means I can move forward when I get a block of hours.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by ffilz »

Marullus wrote:Work went off the rails this week. I need to sit down and compile things across the sheets and then can kick things off.

I appreciate the Belief Workshop you guys were having in the other thread - if you can ensure you have coached each other through Beliefs and have self-checked the sheets as a group, that is an immense help -- if sheets and beliefs are ready, it means I can move forward when I get a block of hours.
I think we're a bit stalled on beliefs. In part, I think we need a bit of solidification of the immediate situation so you may want to provide some input there as well. I know I myself am looking for a bit more input before I finalize my beliefs and instincts.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Marullus »

ffilz wrote:I think we're a bit stalled on beliefs. In part, I think we need a bit of solidification of the immediate situation so you may want to provide some input there as well. I know I myself am looking for a bit more input before I finalize my beliefs and instincts.
Fair enough! I'll do a quick triage and provide more guidance on the Character Creation thread. Let me know if it is enough.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Marullus »

How's everyone doing?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by ffilz »

Marullus wrote:How's everyone doing?
Sorry, I had a long weekend of family time and then my laptop blew up yesterday, slowly working to recover life on my wife's laptop and trying to keep working (I do most of my job using my personal laptop).

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Marullus »

Yokes! Good luck!

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by ffilz »

Marullus wrote:Yokes! Good luck!
Thanks, the good thing is that while the issue seems to be a hard drive issue, it doesn't seem to have affected the data, just the OS. I used a USB stick to live boot Linux so I could extract stuff off the hard disk.

The unfortunate thing is my wife's laptop has nowhere the horsepower of mine.

Looks like I'll be back to Costco later this week to see if they still have the laptop I looked at a few months ago that looked like a good replacement for mine.

Frank

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Marullus »

Good luck!

How about you, Rusty? Do you need help with your sheets?

Verrain
Strider
Strider

#35 Post by Verrain »

Just poking my nose in to let you know I'm still around and waiting on tenterhooks with baited breath. :)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Marullus »

(Thank you! You just taught me the correct spelling and meaning of tenterhooks. :) )

Whew! I was getting worried that people might be disappearing.

Your sheet looks pretty good. The only thing I see is that you are still short an Instinct, and the two instincts you have are pretty similar. How are you thinking to differentiate them? Any ideas for completing/revising?

Spectreman17
Guide
Guide

#37 Post by Spectreman17 »

Guess I should also check in, I'm still here, checking regularly. Any critiques on my character sheet? or anything I can do while we wait on the last few character sheets to wrap up?

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by Craigers07 »

I'm still here too and will continue to check in.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Marullus »

Thanks!!

Spectreman - you are squared away. The only thing I can think to suggest is to vary your beliefs. We've defined the near term scope, companions, and some NPCs. Perhaps give him some additional angles.

Craigers - you need to buy a relationship and then make your Oath to that person. It's a dwarf requirement. Same advice then - perhaps diversify the beliefs. What's the big reason he wants to practice daily? That can be a near-term goal but there is something bigger that motivates it.

What belief made him go become a foot soldier? (He was already an Noble Axe Bearer and he went to mix with common soldiers.)

For your belief about a 'permanent home' let's ask Why? Then also pick a near-term goal with it. A permanent home is long-term -- near term is Mirkwood, etc. (See my post in character creation)

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by Craigers07 »

I bought my father as a relationship because my parents were originally in my oath.

What I had in mind for a background story is that Thrim was demoted to a foot soldier for defacing a dwarven monument. I should add that to the character sheet.

I'll also try to come up with a few additional story angles to add to my beliefs.

Return to “The Rise of Smaug (Burning Wheel)”