Discussion - Character Concepts

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Discussion - Character Concepts

#81 Post by Marullus »

So, Dvalen! I love it. :)

Traits: Dvergar, Humility in the Face of your Betters, Slave to Fate, A Little Crazy. Then... Low Speech (Birds) and Ineffable Feature (beard)

He's a dwarf who is friends with Radigast the Brown and at least one Mirkwood elf, who can speak to birds and has a magically indestructable beard.

...that's amazing.

I think he's also a good candidate for an elder dwarf. ('Crazy old dwarf' trumps 'crazy juvenile dwarf'). I see two options to propose:

* Go for broke - he's 600 years old. He ended his time as an Ardent in society when Erebor was abandoned the -first time- 560 years ago. He never went to the gray mountains, so doesn't get dragon-wise. (I'd give a two new free wises at this age instead). If we go with the "stat points for picked age" thing, you'd give up 3 physical points but gain 2 mental pool points.
* Modest approach - he's 346-396 years old. He grew up in the Gray Mountains (and lived through the dragon attacks), and moved to Mirkwood instead of Erebor 170 years ago. If we go with the "stat points for picked age" thing, you'd keep the same physical pool but gain 4 mental pool points. Given his unique concept, I'd use them to gray-shade Perception (impacting Folklore and Wises), lowering your Will by one and keep all your skills and attributes otherwise mostly the same.
Verrain wrote:
Marullus wrote:A small house, 10rps.
Hmm. I somehow thought that if a small house in Erebor was worth 10rps then a hut built with foraged materials on the edge of Mirkwood would be less. I'll either have to rejig some numbers around or decide I live under a hollow log.
That's fair. The RPs represent "a suitable dwarven home." He can live in a leaky hut where he is happy but which nobody would think suitable for a dwarf, for free.
Last edited by Marullus on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Marullus »

Born Noble: The Dvergar Trait

Go check out the Line of Durin: http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/House_of_Durin

If you have this trait, you need to add your branch to this family tree. You also know and can recite your relationship to Thror, the current King, and Thrain II, the current Prince. (Thorin is a child, only 24 years old, and just beginning his time as an Ardent.) Also to Dain Ironfoot, Prince in the Iron Hills.

Add this lineage to a section on your character sheet.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Marullus »

Rusty:
I will find my fortunes outside the Mountain; enough to satisfy my fiance's family that I can provide hearth and home for their daughter.
Your relationship is with your Fiancee - it makes the most sense to turn this into your Oath and make it to her. How that's written matters a lot. After all, with the fall of Erebor, it just got that much more difficult.

Perhaps: "I swear I will find my fortunes outside the Mountain; enough to satisfy you that I can provide hearth and home for our children."

Your Cousin - he's significant to the setting. How so? How is be both Significant and also a wandering adventurer? (I'd suggest making him Significant and settled somewhere, or an important man in the Diaspora; or go with the "Squire or Bodyguard" rules and have him be a companion.)

Ffilz:

He's got a thousand yard stare, an estranged but highly-significant wife, and a close son. Why is your wife estranged before the dragon shows up? What Oath did he swear to his son? Did he swear it before or during the Fall of Erebor?

Verrain
Strider
Strider

#84 Post by Verrain »

Glad you like Dvalen. You inspired it by the way when you reminded me that Radigast the Brown was in the area. I thought of it as Radigast feeling sorry for the lost, crazed Dwarf. Another wild beast to be protected and tended. Once I was friends with Radigast, having hims teach Dvalen some bird language was a natural idea. The ineffable beard was tossed out in a Burning Wheel forum thread long ago. I loved the idea and so had to use it.

I'll think on making him old. I just got used to him looking like this in my mind's eye so I need to mull it over.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Marullus »

Craigers07

Okay, let me help you out. :)

Stat Points: 8 Mental; 16+3=19 Physical
Resource Points: 10+15+25+6 = 56
Skill points: 2 General. 4+4+8+6 = 22 points
Traits: Dvergar, Humility in the Face of your Betters, Proud, Salt of the Earth. 2pts to spend.

Attributes:
Mental: Choose:
Willpower 4 Perception 4, or
Willpower 5 Perception 3, or
Willpower 3 Perception 5

Physical:
divide 19 points among Agility, Speed, Power, and Forte.
That's 4 each, with 3 points to go higher: Choose which one of the four you DON'T want at 5.

Traits
You get the dwarven ones, plus those above, plus you can pick a 2pt trait. Look at the Trait Index on page 584 for those that are 2pts (or two 1pt). Pick a few you like and go check them out in the earlier book section. Find something thematic and go with it. Examples include: Aura of Innocence, Booming Voice, Bottomless Stomach, Iron Stomach, Driven, Fleet of Foot, Glib, Sense of Direction.

Skills:
Required: Dwarven Rune Script, Sing, Axe, Foraging
Optional: Soothing Platitudes, Accounting, Whispered Secrets-wise, Throwing, Brawling, Hammer, Cadence-wise
Special: Armor Training*, Shield*, Formation Fighting*

You have 18 points left after opening your required skills. Each of the special skills takes 2 to open but then they don't advance. The others take one to open. If you open everything, it takes 13 points, leaving only 5 points to raise skills. (You want at least a B4 in what you're good at.)

Craigers07 wrote:Name: Thrim
Concept/Bio:
Lifepaths: Born Noble, Ardent, Axe Bearer, Foot Soldier

Stats:
Attributes:
PTGS:

Beliefs:
1)
2)
3)
Oath)

Instincts:
1)
2)
3)

Traits: Dvergar, Humility in the Face of your Betters, Proud, Salt of the Earth
Skills: Dwarven Rune Script, Sing, Axe, Foraging

Affiliations: 1D Dwarven Nobles [Dvergar trait]
Reputations: 1D Reputation as a dwarven noble [Dvergar trait]
Relationships:

Gear:
Property:

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#86 Post by ffilz »

Marullus wrote:So, Dvalen! I love it. :)

Traits: Dvergar, Humility in the Face of your Betters, Slave to Fate, A Little Crazy. Then... Low Speech (Birds) and Ineffable Feature (beard)

He's a dwarf who is friends with Radigast the Brown and at least one Mirkwood elf, who can speak to birds and has a magically indestructable beard.

...that's amazing.

I think he's also a good candidate for an elder dwarf. ('Crazy old dwarf' trumps 'crazy juvenile dwarf'). I see two options to propose:

* Go for broke - he's 600 years old. He ended his time as an Ardent in society when Erebor was abandoned the -first time- 560 years ago. He never went to the gray mountains, so doesn't get dragon-wise. (I'd give a two new free wises at this age instead). If we go with the "stat points for picked age" thing, you'd give up 3 physical points but gain 2 mental pool points.
* Modest approach - he's 346-396 years old. He grew up in the Gray Mountains (and lived through the dragon attacks), and moved to Mirkwood instead of Erebor 170 years ago. If we go with the "stat points for picked age" thing, you'd keep the same physical pool but gain 4 mental pool points. Given his unique concept, I'd use them to gray-shade Perception (impacting Folklore and Wises), lowering your Will by one and keep all your skills and attributes otherwise mostly the same.
Hmm, sure you want gray shaded perception? It would be cool though...

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by ffilz »

Marullus wrote:Ffilz:

He's got a thousand yard stare, an estranged but highly-significant wife, and a close son. Why is your wife estranged before the dragon shows up? What Oath did he swear to his son? Did he swear it before or during the Fall of Erebor?
My idea was my wife became estranged during the exodus from Erebor. Maybe the family heirlooms he left behind in place of his arms and armor, or maybe heirlooms he's already traded to get to where we are now. Will work on the beliefs, clan stuff, and descriptions of the heirlooms he's taken,
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Verrain
Strider
Strider

#88 Post by Verrain »

ffilz wrote:
Hmm, sure you want gray shaded perception? It would be cool though...

Frank
If I could do it without dropping my Will to B3, I would consider it. But honestly, I think higher black shade stats and skills fit the concept better than low score gray shaded stats and skills.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Marullus »

My thought is, you don't file the divorce when the crisis hits. If you want the hateful/rival point, you're SERIOUSLY at odds - she's actively working against you and your Goals. There has to be a really, REALLY good reason she blames you for the dragon, OR she was already mad and estranged before the dragon.

Everyone just lost everything. I'm having a hard time using the "you didn't pack my favorite dresser" as the justification for the point-discount on the wife. It also doesn't drive much of a story. (You can't go back for the dresser.) I think there's more flavorful options that tell us more about the relationship.

Verrain
Strider
Strider

#90 Post by Verrain »

Here is my stab at really old Dvalen. My only concern is that I want a tie to the younger generation in Erebor. I've got three resource points left so I'm thinking of buying a minor, forbidden relationship with a great-grandson or something.

Name: Dvalen

Lifepaths: Born Noble, Noble Ardent, Lead to Outcast, Runecaster Lead to ?, Crazy Witch, Lead to Being Really Old

Stats: Wi: B4, Pe: B8, Po: B3, Fo: B4, Ag: B4, Sp: B3, Stride: 6
Attributes: Ref: B5, Ste: B6, Hes: 6, Hea: B5, MW: B10, Greed: B5, Circles: B2, Resources: B0

PTGS: Su: B3 Li: B5 Mi: B7 Se: B8 Tr: B9 Mo: B10

Beliefs:
1) Oath: I swore to Radigast the Brown, never take the life of a bird or beast lest it’s my life or theirs!
2) I must reclaim my ancient rune stones from Radigast. I must convince him it is time again for me to speak the truth.
3)
4)

Instincts:
1) Scavenge for food every morning.
2) Always gather useful herbs when I see them.
3)

Traits: [Char] A Little Crazy, [Dt] Accustomed to the Dark, [Char] Bearded, [Dt] Dvergar, [Dt] Greed (Beauty, Craftsmanship, Power), [Char] Humility in the Face of your Betters, [Char] Ineffable Feature (Beard), [Dt] Low Speech (Birds), [Dt] Oathsworn, [Dt] Shaped from Earth and Stone, [Char] Slave to Fate, [Dt] Stout, [Dt] Tough

Skills: Bird-wise B4, Cudgel B2, Dwarven Rune Script B4, Elf-wise B4, Fear of Mirkwood-wise B4, Folklore B5, Foraging B5, Herbalism B4, Minions of the Necromancer-wise B4, Rune Casting B5, Scavenging B5, Sing B2, Soothing Platitudes B2, Ugly Truth B4, Whispered Secrets-wise B5, Wizard-wise B4

Affiliations: 1D Dwarven Nobles

Reputations: 1D Reputation as a dwarven noble, 1D Reputation as “Crazy Old Dwarf of Mirkwood”

Relationships: Radigast the Brown (15pt), Elion, Elven Scout (4pt, Forbidden)

Gear: Branch, Clothes, Sturdy Shoes, Travelling Gear, Shoddy Rune Stones

Property: None

Weapons: Branch

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#91 Post by ffilz »

Marullus wrote:My thought is, you don't file the divorce when the crisis hits. If you want the hateful/rival point, you're SERIOUSLY at odds - she's actively working against you and your Goals. There has to be a really, REALLY good reason she blames you for the dragon, OR she was already mad and estranged before the dragon.

Everyone just lost everything. I'm having a hard time using the "you didn't pack my favorite dresser" as the justification for the point-discount on the wife. It also doesn't drive much of a story. (You can't go back for the dresser.) I think there's more flavorful options that tell us more about the relationship.
Ok, good points. I guess I'll go with estranged before the dragon, maybe he's had the Thousand Yard Stare since the War of Dwarves and Dragons and his wandering off when Smaug arrived just sent her absolutely over the edge, the kettle has finally boiled over. Of course they have differences of opinion on how to protect their son, and every thing else...

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Marullus »

Oh, so you've had PTSD for the last 170 years, never moved on or achieved your potential, were more dedicated to the army than your kids (no husband lifepath), and NOW are avoiding her while the world is ending the SECOND time? Sure, I can work with that. I got her number. :lol: Her beliefs write themselves...

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by ffilz »

Yea a bit of a train wreck....

But helps explain the lack of life paths covering over 200 years...

Verrain
Strider
Strider

#94 Post by Verrain »

By the way, the reason I have two beliefs blank is because I would like one of them to be about another player and the last one to be about where this rag-tag group is headed.

Now my guy is pretty Mirkwood focused so I am hoping the group is OK with at least part of our refugee route passing through it.

As for the link with other players, let me know if you've ever had reason to consult with the crazy dwarf in his hut by the woods. I figure the adventurer is the most likely candidate but we could work in anything you think is fun.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Marullus »

ffilz wrote:Yea a bit of a train wreck....
But helps explain the lack of life paths covering over 200 years...
ffilz wrote:Wow, that's a lot of grey...
Indeed... she isn't prone to great acts (low dice pools) but seldom is she ever proven wrong (grey-scale at her low Ob items). She's Significant: so she's renowned to dwarves as the woman a female dwarf goes to in order to swear a grudge... kind of like the angry Alanis Morrisette of Erebor, and you're Dave Coulier. I figure it has been a long time since you won an argument and it had a turning point when she hardened to your romantic advances (Iron Will = double the Body of Argument for Seduction attempts). It makes sense that you've chosen to simply avoid her, but that, too, has its consequences...

The focus of conflict, it seems, will be over the direction of your son. What Oath have you made to him? ...did you have another son, perhaps who died in the Grey Mountain exodus and gave you the Thousand Yard Stare?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Marullus »

Rusty:
Rusty Tincanne wrote:Name:
Concept/Bio: Could have been a nice, average life, except for love. The family of the woman he loved disapproved of him, saying he would not be able to provide for their daughter, so he followed his cousin out of the mountain, taking an oath to return with fortune enough to support a family.
Lifepaths: Born Guilder >> Hauler >> Tinkerer >> Adventurer
I will find my fortunes outside the Mountain; enough to satisfy my fiance's family that I can provide hearth and home for their daughter.
Your relationship is with your Fiancee - it makes the most sense to turn this into your Oath and make it to her. How that's written matters a lot. After all, with the fall of Erebor, it just got that much more difficult.

Perhaps: "I swear I will find my fortunes outside the Mountain; enough to satisfy you that I can provide hearth and home for our children."

Your Cousin - he's significant to the setting. How so? How is be both Significant and also a wandering adventurer? (I'd suggest making him Significant and settled somewhere, or an important man in the Diaspora; or go with the "Squire or Bodyguard" rules and have him be a companion.)
Born Guilder >> Hauler >> Tinkerer >> Adventurer

Straight from your Lifepaths...
Attributes: +1P +1M +1M/P
Skill Points: (4 general) 5+4+12 = 21
Resource points: 5+7+15+10 = 37
Trait points: 1+2+2+2 = 7

Traits:
Required: Lifting Heavy Things, Curious, Adventurer
Optional: Tinkerer, Boaster

Skills:
Required: Hauler, Stuff-wise, Survival
Optional: Wagon-wise, Cargo-wise, Road-wise, Mending, Scavenging, Climbing, Knots, Herbalism, Haggling,
Firebuilding, Brawling, Knives, Sword, Crossbow, Lock Pick, Appraisal, Obscure History, Symbology, Lost Treasures-wise

Beginning the math...
Attributes:
8 mental and 15 physical from age +1M +1P +1M/P.
* You have +1M/P. You can decide to put it in Mental or Physical pools.
* You have 9 Mental and 16 Physical.
* You'll divide these pools up among attributes. Your attributes will define your starting skill levels - skills that root off that attribute start at half the attribute level. So, an attribute of B2 or B3 gives a B1 skill. B4 or B5 give a B2 skill. B6 or B7 give a B3 skill.

You divide your Mental pool between Willpower and Perception. Choose:
B4 Will / B5 Perception
B5 Will / B4 Perception
B3 Will / B6 Perception
B6 Will / B3 Perception
...or spend your +1M/P into your mental pool to add one more.

You divide your 16 Physical pool between Power, Forte, Agililty, and Speed. Assume they're at B4 each (good baseline). They're all important. If you want to raise one, lower another.

Traits:
* You have seven trait points. All traits listed on a lifepath are 1pt. You can buy any other available trait in the book for the book-cost.
* You must buy the three required traits - Lifting Heavy Things, Curious, Adventurer. Go look them up in the book and read their full descriptions.
* That leaves you with 4 trait points left. You can buy the optional traits for only one point each: Tinkerer, Boaster.
* Curious and Boaster are character traits - they don't impart specific game effects but are useful for Artha. (You gain a Fate point for roleplaying your trait and having it alter the direction of the story in an unforeseen way or having it make life difficult for your character.) Lifting Heavy Things is a "Call On," which means you can use it to reroll failures on a Power check once per session. Tinkerer is a call-on for Mending if cobbling something together that's weird. Adventurer gives you a +1Ob for circles tests with Nobles and Artificers and gives you a free 1D Affiliation outside the dwarven hold.
* You can also spend your 4 discretionary points on a trait besides Tinkerer or Boaster. (Or buy Tinkerer, and spend 3 points discretionary.) Go look at all the traits in the Appendix to see which are the right values, then look up their descriptions. Make it flavorful for your character and something that you can use to make the story harder or more interesting for yourself (to earn the Fate points).

Skills:
You have 21 lifepath skill points and four general skill points.
* The four general skill points can be used to open any skill - including ones not on your lifepaths. Set them aside and use them to fill out your desires at the end.
* The 21 lifepath skill points must first open your three required skills. Required: Hauler, Stuff-wise, Survival
* You then have 18 to spend on your optional skills: Wagon-wise, Cargo-wise, Road-wise, Mending, Scavenging, Climbing, Knots, Herbalism, Haggling, Firebuilding, Brawling, Knives, Sword, Crossbow, Lock Pick, Appraisal, Obscure History, Symbology, Lost Treasures-wise.
* It takes one point to "open" the skill, which sets it at the starting level determined by its root attribute. (Example: If you have Perception B6, all Wises open at B3. If you have Perception B4 or B5, all Wises open at B2. If you have Perception B3, all Wises open at B1.) You can then spend additional skill points to raise above that starting level 1 for 1.
* You don't have any special skills (which would require two points to open) so don't worry about them. If you choose to spend General Points to open a special skill (it has a symbol next to it in the book, like Excavation, Black Metal Artifice, Stentorious Debate, or Coarse Persuasion), it takes two to open, then 1 for 1 to advance.
* Take Note: You have 19 optional skills and 18 points to spend on them. Oh, the life of an Adventurer. So, first pick which skills you DON'T want to open. Then spend one point to open all the rest. If you have any skill points left, spread them around, 1 for 1.

Resource Points:
* You have 37 resource points.
* You get a 1D Affiliation for free with a group beyond the Dwarven Hold. (Men of Dale, Men of Mirkwood, Elves of the Woodland Realm, Men of Rohan, Necromancer's Servants, Dwarves of the Iron Hills, etc.)
* You must buy a relationship. Your Cousin is 4 RPs. (-4 = 33 RPs)
* See page 96. An attending companion costs 10pts (see Bodyguard/Squire). A Gang or Crew costs a Relationship (5), Affiliation (10), and Reputation (7), or 22 points to get you a group of guys at your command. You can also buy these things individually on their own merit which help with future Circles checks to find helpful people.
* Review if any of your skills require Tools. If so, they Shoddy Tools require 5 RPs per skill.
* Review page 124 for the remaining point costs. Clothes (1), Boots (1), Travelling Gear (1), Shoddy Arms (5), Dwarven Light Mail (9), are worth considering.
* As a wandering Tinker, you also might consider how your travel. If you have a pack mule (or small mule cart) carrying your tools and wares, but nothing truly of trade value, that's 8 RPs. If you have a mule-drawn large wagon loaded with your current trade goods, that's 15 RPs. If you spend nothing, you arrive as a hobo-with-a-backpack. :)
Last edited by Marullus on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Marullus »

Verrain
Okay, I confirmed that your sheet's traits, skills, etc.

Wizard-wise and Elf-wise are fine as your promised "two wises" for living long in Mirkwood and not going to the Grey Mountains/dragons. Since you took the (more detrimental) oldest age option, I'll also open Reason of Old Stone B2 for you. Please add that to your sheet; I think it fits him.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by ffilz »

Some thoughts for Rusty, since you have 4 trait points available, check and see if any of the 4 point traits really speak to you, otherwise, take a 3 point and a 1 point (char or one of your optional life path), or two 2 point. You have some great opportunity here to define your character.

Skills - look at your skill list and see if there's any you really want to be good at (so you will need a point or two to advance), otherwise, open as many skills as possible.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Marullus »

This really goes over here...
Marullus wrote:Anyone who needs help with the sheet, please ask. Otherwise I'm trusting you to do that math.

I'd like everyone to focus for this week on:
  • Have your lifepaths set.
  • Identify your primary NPC relationship and what your Oath to them is.
  • Also post a primary Belief about the current situation.
  • Show your relationships on the Line of Durin if you have the Dvergar trait, or if you're related to other PCs if born Guilder/Clansmen.
  • Determine if you're having a Squire/Bodyguard or Gang/Crew, which will be part of the core story.
  • Spend the rest of your resource points so we know your reputations, relationships, and affiliations, if possible.
  • Finish up allocation of stat/skill/trait points.
You'll have four beliefs total (with the Oath); defining at least one about the scenario and defining your NPCs and Oaths will help provide a core understanding of what your guy is about. This will then allow me to provide an NPC relationship map and will allow you to form some of your remaining Beliefs to interact with the beliefs/concepts of the other PCs.
Also, repeating this in case it got lost above:
Marullus wrote:Born Noble: The Dvergar Trait

Go check out the Line of Durin: http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/House_of_Durin

If you have this trait, you need to add your branch to this family tree. You also know and can recite your relationship to Thror, the current King, and Thrain II, the current Prince. (Thorin is a child, only 24 years old, and just beginning his time as an Ardent.) Also to Dain Ironfoot, Prince in the Iron Hills.

Add this lineage to a section on your character sheet.

Verrain
Strider
Strider

#100 Post by Verrain »

I added my lineage as the fourth son of Thorin I. Is that cool or should I invent a brother of the king or something similar?

Return to “The Rise of Smaug (Burning Wheel)”