Example: Character Burning

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Example: Character Burning

#1 Post by Enoch »

If there's any interest, I'm happy to do my character generation step-by-step online, to demonstrate how it works.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Example: Character Burning

#2 Post by Fulci »

Please do!

I'm more or less familiar with the rules, but seeing a step-by-step breakdown by a fellow player always helps!
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Marullus »

Please do - I think that'll help a number of folks who are learning.

Also, we need a forum-usable character sheet. I'm torn between two options.
One, the generator located here helps build the sheets within the rules and then exports BBcode which can be pasted directly here. Gets the job done, but I don't know that it facilitates tracking of tests for advancement well enough.
Two, a modified version of your Torchbearer/Colonial Marines template which could work for Burning Wheel. More arduous to create, but tracks advancement in-line.

I'd appreciate your thoughts and recommendations as you conduct this experiment, and if you post in one or both of those forms.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by Enoch »

Will do. I'll probably generate a simple template that people can copy/paste.

I like to start with concept. I had two initial ideas: a trader, perhaps one that had moved to Dale to trade dwarven goods to Men; and a dwarven historian. As another player is already looking at a trader-type, that pushes me toward the historian (which I really like).

Looking at the Lifepaths, two jump out at me: Wordbearer, from the Guilder setting; and Chronicler, from the Noble setting. Ooh, I like Chronicler. Chronicler is the one that records the history of the great deeds: the rise and fall of dwarven kings, the destruction of ancient dwarven strongholds, and now, the harrying of an entire people by an ancient dragon, the mightiest of this Age. Tolkien's Middle-Earth is an epic place, and I want my character to be focused on the epic history. (Also, I'm fairly familiar with Tolkien's setting, so with a historian I can also provide setting details to players who haven't taken a level in Tolkien Uber-Geek.)

Now I'm going to settle in and decide on Lifepaths. Since I know where I want to end up, I'm going to work backwards--if I had an idea for where he came from, I would work forward and see where he ends up. The online character burner generally assumes you're working forward, so you'll either have to access to the books or poke around a bit to do it backwards. YMMV.

One of the interesting things about Dwarves (as opposed to other races in Burning Wheel) is how little flexibility you have in getting to a particular lifepath. This is deliberate--it was an attempt to show how structured Dwarven society is. To get to Chronicler, I need to either take Abecdart, Khirurgeon or Graybeard (shown in the Requires: line in the Chronicler lifepath). I can't get to Khirurgeon or Graybeard and back to Chronicler in four lifepaths, so that leaves Abecdart, which is clearly the standard path for most Chroniclers. Abecdart looks like a noble student-type, with awesome skills like Chronology of Kings and Obscure Text-wise, so that fits just fine. It also has no requirements, so I'll probably just step back from there to Born Noble. So I start out Born Noble, take Abecdart and then Chronicler.

On a side note (this is going to be a long post), I've been describing Chronicler as a sort of official historian of the stronghold, which certainly fits. However, Burning Wheel is incredibly flexible--I could decide he was simply the scion of a rich family with an amateur interest in history, a diplomat, or anything else.

That's only 3 Lifepaths, so I can take one more. I have a lot of options here: the obvious next step is Seneschal, which has a lot going for it: lots of Resource points, a Mental stat point, and some interesting skills, including Command and Estate Management.

However, I could go a bit off the beaten path as well. I could circle back to that other historian-type Lifepath I mentioned before (Wordbearer), since Chronicler leads to the Guilder setting. A bit different; it reads more like a messenger than a true historian, with a Physical trait point, skills like Rumor-wise and Oratory (always useful for delivering messages), and traits like Iron Memory and Quick-Step. Maybe my dwarf did something to disgrace himself, or perhaps his family and clan lost some sort of internal power struggle; being a Wordbearer after serving as a Chronicler is certainly not a step up. Great grist for story there, and if I go that way I might pick up an infamous reputation to reflect what happened.

I could also pick up Hauler or Carter from the Guilder setting, but those would be more appropriate if we were starting a few years after the Fall (Lifepaths are about your history, not just your current situation--if you're just starting out in a particular station in life, it probably won't be reflected in your Lifepaths). Alternately, Chronicler leads to Host (military), so I could pick up a Lifepath there: Foot Soldier, maybe; or Arbalester (crossbowdwarf), Banner Bearer, Horncaller, or Khirurgeon (dwarven surgeon). That last one is interesting: I could have been the king's personal physician. It's got kind of a Dune-like feel to it, with their Mentat-Assassins and Poet-Swordmasters: the Khirurgeon-Chronicler.

The final thing I could do is take Chronicler a second time. If you take a lifepath a second time, the second skill and trait become required, and if there is no second skill or trait, you just don't get the points for them. There's no second trait for Chronicler (no first trait, either), so I wouldn't get the trait point. I'd still get the skill points, and the second skill, Ancient History, is very appropriate, so it's not that great a loss.

So those are the options I'm considering: a second Chronicler lifepath, Seneschal, Wordbearer, and Khirurgeon. I'm leaning toward Wordbearer, though it's unclear at the moment how much effect losing an internal power struggle will matter now that the Hold has fallen. Khirurgeon is also a neat idea, and gives us access to a healing skill.

Speaking of useful skills, I should point out that social skills (Persuasion, Soothing Platitudes, Oratory, etc.) are extremely useful and (for Dwarves) hard to get. If your Lifepaths don't provide access to them, consider picking one up with General points.
Last edited by Enoch on Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Marullus »

Well done! Once you've decided the way-ahead, please continue this project to show how to calculate the required numbers for a sheet.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Enoch »

Honestly, a lot of the decision will be driven by what I see other players express an interest in and how this character can tie in. One of the reasons I'm leaning toward Wordbearer is that it gives me a non-Noble lifepath, where I expect at least one other player to be.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Work has been brutal lately and home is equally busy with an addition, in-laws, two impulsive children, my wife starting teaching again... I will make headway with my character this weekend.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Enoch »

I'm going to presume I'm going Wordbearer for my last LP. It makes the character slightly more capable of dealing with the physical dangers outside the Hold, it gives me a Guilder lifepath (which gives me a reason to have interacted with non-Noble dwarves) and an interesting backstory: why did he go from Chronicler to Wordbearer? I'm going to assume that he either lost an internal power struggle or dishonored himself (maybe by breaking an Oath); either way, he fell and fell hard.

So, the path I'm taking is Born Noble, Abecdart, Chronicler, then leaving the Dwarven Noble setting for Guilder (I can only do this because Chronicler lists Guilder as a possible lead and Wordbearer does not require any specific lifepaths).

My final Time will be: 21 (Born Noble) + 20 (Abecdart) + 50 (Chronicler) + 1 (changing settings) + 15 (Wordbearer): 107 years.

Resource points: 10 (Born Noble) + 10 (Abecdart) + 20 (Chronicler) + 10 (Wordbearer): 50 RP.

Stats: +M (Abecdart), +M (Chronicler), +P (Wordbearer): +2M, +P

Skill points: 4 General (Born Noble) + 2 (Born Noble) + 4 (Abecdart) + 9 (Chronicler) + 5 (Wordbearer): 4 General, 20 lifepath-specific. The lifepath-specific points must be spent on skills that appear one one of the lifepaths. General points may be spent on lifepath skills, or on any other skills.

Required Skills: these skills are required since they are the first skill listed for the lifepath (if I took Chronicler a second time, the second skill on the lifepath would be required as well): Dwarven Rune Script (Born Noble; note most Born lifepaths don't have required skills), Chronology of Kings (Abecdart), Illuminations (Chronicler; this is the art of "illuminating", or decorating, written books and the like), Hold-wise (Wordbearer). You must spend at least one point on each required skill.

Optional Skills: Etiquette, Obscure Text-wise (Abecdart); Ancient History, Clan-wise, Dwarf-wise, Poetry, Cartography, Symbology, Oath-wise (Chronicler; note Etiquette appears on both Abecdart and Chronicler but isn't required for either, it has no effect); Rumor-wise, Oratory, Clan History (Wordbearer).

Trait points: Dwarven Common Traits (these are free for all dwarves), 2 (Born Noble) + 1 (Abecdart) + 1 (Chronicler) + 1 (Wordbearer): 5.

Required Traits: Dvergar (Born Noble), Know It All (Abecdart), Quirky (Wordbearer). Note that Chronicler provides a trait point but does not list any traits; therefore, it does not require any particular trait (but doesn't provide low-cost access to any traits, either). You must buy each of the required traits (at a cost of 1 point each).

Optional Traits: Iron Memory, Quick-Step (Wordbearer). Interestingly, none of the first three lifepaths list more than one trait. These two traits may be purchased for one trait point each. If they weren't on my lifepaths, they might cost more or be unavailable altogether.

Stat Pool: we've already established that I'm 107. According the chart, I get 8 Mental points and 16 Physical points. I add 2 Mental points and 1 Physical point from my lifepaths, so I end up with 10 Mental points to divide between Perception and Will, and 17 to divide between Power, Forte (stamina, resilience, etc.), Agility (mostly hand-eye coordination; used extensively for weapon skills), and Speed (less foot speed and more reaction time).

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by Enoch »

I like to hold off on splitting up my stat points until I look at my skills, since the starting rank of any skill you put points into is equal to half the value of what's known as the "root stat". Burning Wheel rewards you for playing your character and pursuing your Beliefs, not for defeating monsters or getting gold (I once played a dwarf whose story revolved around proving his proficiency in skills he didn't have). That said, it's a tough row, and the min/maxer in me likes to be competent, so I'll identify what stats my lifepath skills are rooted on first.

Perception: Dwarven Rune Script (req), Chronology of Kings (req), Hold-wise (req), Obscure Text-wise, Ancient History, Clan-wise, Dwarf-wise, Symbology, Oath-wise, Rumor-wise, Clan History

Will: Poetry, Oratory

Will/Perception: Etiquette (note that these will open at B2 (the average of Will and Perception rounded down, halved and rounded down again) no matter how I divide the points, so these skills are irrelevant to my decision.)

Perception/Agility: Cartography

Agility: Illuminations (req)

Wow. Perception is very, very important to this character concept. Will is used for only two skills, and only one is really important to me (Oratory; the only social skill on his lifepaths). I can boost that with additional points--it's most efficient to boost Perception over Will. Given that skill roots are one of the biggest effects of stats (stats are also used in several derived characteristics), I'm leaning toward Perception B6 and Will B4. That way, all my Perception-based skills start at B3 and my Will-based skills (including most social skills) will start at B2.

Agility is clearly the go-to for physical stats as well. It makes sense; Agility is what I'd use for fine motor control (like writing, art, etc.). Still, I don't want to entirely dismiss the other physical stats; I'm not living in a cushy dwarven hold anymore. Speed is useful for stealth and climbing, as well as in combat; Forte is good for anything hardiness-related. If I average them, they all start at B4 with one point left over. I think I'll go B6 Agility and drop one other stat to B3--probably Power. He's got fine motor control, but hasn't exactly lived a life of lifting heavy items or swinging weapons.

So my stats will look like: Perception B6, Will B4, Agility B6, Power B3, Forte B4, Speed B4.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Enoch »

Now to spend my skill points! I will spend my lifepath skill points first. I have 20 to spend. To start, I'll open my required skills:

Dwarven Rune Script (opens at half of Perception, so it starts at B3), 1 point spent. Chronology of Kings, B3 (2 pts); Hold-wise, B3 (3 pts); Illuminations, B3 (4 pts). That leaves 16 points left over to spend on my lifepath skills.

I'll start by opening up other lifepath skills I'm interested in: Etiquette, B2 (5), Obscure Text-wise, B3 (6), Ancient History, B3 (7), Clan-wise, B3 (8), Dwarf-wise, B3 (9), Symbology, B3 (10), Oath-wise, B3 (11), Rumor-wise, B3 (12), Clan History, B3 (13), Cartography, B3 (14). OK, so I decided to open all of the skills listed in my lifepaths, because they're all incredibly flavorful. I have 6 points left to spend on lifepath skills. Each point spent increases the value by 1.

Chronology of Kings is vital to my concept. He's all about the epic history of the dwarves. I'm going to spend 3 points to bump it up to B6. Cartography will get bumped up to a B4 (he loves old maps). Obscure Text-wise gets bumped to B4. For the final point, I'll bump Dwarven Rune Script to a B4 as well.

I just realized I didn't open Oratory, but I really wanted to. I'll drop one of my wises--they're all cool but overlap a bit. Hold-wise is required. I'll drop Clan-wise and open Oratory at B2. Given the importance of social skills, I think I'll drop another as well, either Dwarf-wise, Oath-wise, or Rumor-wise. As interesting as it is, I'll drop Dwarf-wise and raise Oratory to B3. Symbology will go too to make way for Oratory B4. Etiquette B2 is weak, and a lack of etiquette may help explain why he's no longer a Chronicler: I'll drop it and raise Oratory to B5.

So, after spending my lifepath points, my skills stand like this: Obscure Text-wise B4, Ancient History B3, Oratory B5, Oath-wise B3, Rumor-wise B3, Clan History B3 (I think he didn't pay that much attention to individual clans until he was busted down to a messenger), Cartography B4, Dwarven Rune Script B4, Chronology of Kings B6, Hold-wise B3, Illuminations B3.

Traits will be easy: I get the dwarven common traits (Accustomed to the Dark, Bearded, Greed, Oathsworn, Shaped from Earth and Stone, Stout, Tough) for free. I have 5 trait points and 3 required traits: Dvergar, Know It All, and Quirky, which leaves me two points. I like the two lifepath traits I have available (Iron Memory and Quick Step), so I'll pick them up for 1 point each. It's worth noting that those two happen to be available only from lifepaths or earned in play; I couldn't have bought them otherwise.

My Dwarf So Far:

Lifepaths: Born Noble, Abecdart, Chronicler, (lead to Guilder), Wordbearer
Stats: Perception B6, Will B4, Agility B6, Power B3, Forte B4, Speed B4
Skills: Obscure Text-wise B4, Ancient History B3, Oratory B5, Oath-wise B3, Rumor-wise B3, Clan History B3 (I think he didn't pay that much attention to individual clans until he was busted down to a messenger), Cartography B4, Dwarven Rune Script B4, Chronology of Kings B6, Hold-wise B3, Illuminations B3
Traits: dwarven common traits (Accustomed to the Dark, Bearded, Greed, Oathsworn, Shaped from Earth and Stone, Stout, Tough), Dvergar, Know It All, Quirky, Iron Memory, Quick Step

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by Enoch »

Attributes

OK, I've gone through step 1 (concept), step 2 (choose Lifepaths), step 3 (age), step 4 (stats), step 5 (skills; though I might redistribute), step 6 (traits)...now on to step 7 (attributes). Attributes are entirely derived from things we've already decided and a few story decisions.

First is Mortal Wound. This is the point where you die, obviously. How wounds work is a little weird (it's great stuff, just very different from most systems), so I won't get into that right away. It's the average of Power and Forte, rounded down, +6. Here's the first place my decision to short Power hurts me: my average of Power and Forte is B3, rather than the B4 it would have been if I had gone with B4's across the board. So B3 + 6: Mortal Wound B9. This means a wound that would be life-threatening for another dwarf may be fatal for me.

Next is Reflexes. This is basically how often you act in combat. Combat uses Exchanges as the standard time unit (not unlike a Turn in D&D). Each Exchange is broken into 3 Volleys (similar to Rounds). A character can take a number of actions in each exchange equal to their Reflexes. Most people have B3 Reflexes, which means they act once per volley. Slower characters need to decide which volley they won't act in, and faster characters get to take an additional action in one or more volleys. What's interesting about Reflexes is that high reflexes are very valuable in BW (moreso than extra attacks in D&D; if I wanted a deadly combatant planning for high Reflexes would be my first stop, not Power or Forte), but reward stats that D&D doesn't emphasize. Reflexes is the average of Perception, Agility and Speed, rounded down. I have a B6 Perception (I'm really smart!), a B6 Agility (hand-eye coordination for writing and drawing) and a Speed of B4. 16/3 = 5r1. That gives me Reflexes B5. Wow, my smart, coordinated but not very strong dwarf will be acting a lot in combat, though given that he has no weapon skills it may be trying to support others (or looking for a way to escape).

On to Health. Health starts as the average of Will and Forte (rounded down). Here we see the first of the story questions. I have a B4 Will and a B4 Forte, so I start with a B4 Health before questions. Question 1: do I live in squalor and filth? No, I'm a nobledwarf that until recently recorded the deeds of the King Under the Mountain. I assume I lived a rather cushy life. 2: Am I frail or sickly? Not really, though I'm not an outdoorsdwarf or bodybuilder. 3: Was I severely wounded in the past? I doubt it. 4: Have I been tortured and enslaved? Nope. 5: dwarves, elves and orcs add +1 because we're awesome, so that puts me at B5. 6: am I athletic and active? Again, no. Likely to change in the future, but up until this point I haven't been. 7: do I live in a really clean and happy place? This is an interesting question. I was going to say no, but I got to thinking what might qualify for a dwarf. The only thing I can think of that would be such an awesome place that it might make me permanently more healthy would be living in the king's household. I've already established that my dwarf lost his place as a Chronicler and had to make a living for the last few years prior to Smaug's arrival as a lowly messenger, so it might be cool to say he used to be the King's personal historian, just to heighten and emphasize the fall (and get an extra point of Health, which may be useful if we're going to spend time sleeping under the open sky during a rainstorm, or making forced marches to get across open ground before the dragon flies overhead). I'll say Yes to this one and bump my health to its final value of B6.

Steel: Burning Wheel actually uses a mechanic for courage. I'd say it's halfway between D&D, where you get to decide entirely on your own how your character reacts to danger (and usually leads to every character being unrealistically blase in the face of danger) and Call of Cthulhu, where everyone moves inevitably to the brink of madness. Basically, the GM can call for a Steel test whenever he thinks we may be surprised or facing a frightening situation, but that doesn't mean every combat will begin with a Steel test. This is another one that utilizes a question/answer system, and helps you flesh out your backstory. You start with a B3. 1: have I ever taken a solder- or combat-type lifepath? Ha! No. 2: have I ever been severely wounded? No. (Note that this is essentially the same question as was asked in Health--answering Yes will drop your Health by 1 but increase your Steel by 1. Getting wounded may suck, but you know what to expect.) 3: have you ever murdered/killed by your own hand (more than once)? This might be an interesting place to go off-script and say Yes, but I don't see an easy way to relate it to the Fall (since we got attacked by a single dragon instead of a horde of orcs), and I don't want to make him a murderous bastard, so I'll say No for now. 4: have I been enslaved/tortured/beaten terribly? No. Interesting thing about this question: a strong-willed character actually becomes more steely-willed if they have. Otherwise, they get broken down. 5: Have I lived a sheltered life? Yes, and that drops my Steel to B2. I'm not looking like the dwarf to look to in the face of danger (though lower-ranked skills, stats and attributes go up quicker than higher-ranked ones, so they tend to balance out a bit over time). 6: Have I been raised in a competitive but non-violent culture, such as sports or court intrigue? I'd say being the king's advisor qualifies, and it helps flesh out his fall from grace as well. Not sure yet if it was a power play from another dwarf or if it was due to his own failings, or a mix thereof (I'll discuss that further in a later post), but I'll say Yes. That bumps me back up to B3. 7: have I given birth? No. Hadn't even given consideration to being a female, and I don't recall what Tolkien said about dwarven reproduction. 8: am I Gifted or Faithful (can I use magic)? No. If I was a smith, I might take Enchanting, although Middle-Earth is a pretty low-magic place and I'd want to talk to the GM about it first. 9: Is my Perception 6 or higher? Yes! B4. 10: is my Will B5 or higher? B7 or higher? No to both. 11: is my Forte 6 or higher? No. I end up with a Steel of B4. Not great, especially when we get to the next section: Hesitation.

Hesitation: Hesitation is straightforward: 10 - Will. That gives me a Hesitation of 6. Hesitation is generally the Obstacle (difficulty) of a Steel test, so I'll be looking to roll 4 dice (B4 steel) and get 6 successes on them (a 4 or higher on a 6-sided die). As you can see, that's mathematically impossible unless I can somehow add more dice. Worse, the amount you fail by is the number of Volleys you hesitate. When the GM calls for a Steel test I'm likely to faint, flee, or pee myself. Maybe all three.

Emotional Attributes: one of the neat things about Burning Wheel are the Emotional Attributes, which help define an entire race. Dwarves are greedy, which is perfect for Tolkien. Burning Wheel gets so much right about Tolkien it's easy to overlook the Warhammer/D&D influences (boisterous singing, backslapping, etc.). Basically we get an attribute called Greed, which determines how we behave around temptation, particularly beautiful treasure. In the Silmarillion the dwarves stole the elves' pretty bauble, which led to millennia of racial strife. It's an important enough subject I'll cover it in its own post.

Stride: Movement speed, basically. Dwarves have a Stride of 6. We just don't move as fast as Men or Elves.

Well, my Attributes are done. Hopefully this made sense, and you got an idea how all of the decisions in BW, even the mechanical ones, help build an interesting character.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Marullus »

Per the house rules, you get an extra wise. I'm assuming that B3 Erebor-wise is what would flavor your character?

Can you please show how you develop beliefs with the two-parts, and which are actionable?

Then also show your process for spending your 50 resource points, including buying relationships and figuring resources and circles. (Please remember the house rules on buying initial property. Though, for your guy, he might have lost his property previously when he fell from grace and became a Wordbearer. I could see him having a "large house" still to his name, and it would be interesting to see how you define your 2D Cash from it.)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Marullus »

I mentioned on the OOC thread about allowing dwarves to increase their playable age. It looks like a good option for Starbeard's character, and I suggested he invest a trait in it (character trait "Old and Weary" in his case). Do you like your guy being youngish (107 years) or would you want him to be older? (200-250, he'd have lived through the last dragon exodus. At 107, he's passionate about studying it as a historian.) Would you invest a character trait in it? It would likely then come with the 1pt to open Dragon-wise.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by Enoch »

No, I've got all my traits accounted for. I'm happy to be young and enthusiastic.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Marullus »

Sounds good. :)

Back to the previous request, then...
Marullus wrote:Per the house rules, you get an extra wise. I'm assuming that B3 Erebor-wise is what would flavor your character?

Can you please show how you develop beliefs with the two-parts, and which are actionable?

Then also show your process for spending your 50 resource points, including buying relationships and figuring resources and circles. (Please remember the house rules on buying initial property. Though, for your guy, he might have lost his property previously when he fell from grace and became a Wordbearer. I could see him having a "large house" still to his name, and it would be interesting to see how you define your 2D Cash from it.)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Marullus »

Happy Monday! *bump* How do things look for you?

If we can wrap up characters this week, then we can move to the first Chapter next week. :)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Marullus »

Lets keep it on this thread for discussion and completion. Once final, move it to the other thread. Good?
Enoch wrote:Name: Gilkas son of Gimkas, son of Gilthur Bronzebeard

Concept/Bio: A disgraced Chronicler-turned-Wordbearer

Lifepaths: Born Noble, Abecdart, Chronicler, (lead to Guilder), Wordbearer

Stats: Wi: B4, Pe: B6, Po: V3, Fo: B4, Ag: B6, Sp: B4, Stride: 6

Attributes: Ref: B5, Ste: B4, Hes: 6, Hea: B6, MW: B9, Greed: , Circles: , Resources:

PTGS: Su: B Li: B Mi: B Se: B Tr: B Mo: B9

Beliefs:
  • It is my responsibility to I must convince the King to tell me his version of the Fall of Erebor.
  • I'll avenge myself on <Dwarf X, whom I consider responsible for my fall>
  • Something about how the Penitents have gone astray.

Instincts:
  • In conversation, always explain the relevant history in great detail.
Traits: Dwarven common traits (Accustomed to the Dark, Bearded, Greed, Oathsworn, Shaped from Earth and Stone, Stout, Tough), Dvergar, Know It All, Quirky, Iron Memory, Quick Step

Skills: Obscure Text-wise B4, Ancient History B3, Oratory B5, Oath-wise B3, Rumor-wise B3, Clan History B3 Cartography B4, Dwarven Rune Script B4, Chronology of Kings B6, Hold-wise B3, Illuminations B3, Erebor-wise B3

Affiliations:

Reputations:

Relationships: probably a hostile one with the king. Another hostile one with the dwarf I feel is responsible for my downfall.
  • Thrór, King of Erebor (hostile)(13 points)
  • Duril, cousin, hostile (2 pts)
Gear: 13 RP
  • Chronicles (+1D to History tests about Dwarves)
  • Clothing, shoes
  • Traveling gear
  • Finery
Property:

Spells:

Weapons:

Code: Select all

Weapon  Power     WS     Add    VA
Branch     2      2      2      -
Greed Idiom:

Return to “The Rise of Smaug (Burning Wheel)”