NPCs

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

NPCs

#1 Post by Marullus »

Going with the idea of the transparent game, I will post NPCs familiar to the characters here. (Please respect IC/OOC knowledge)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: NPCs

#2 Post by Marullus »

(wife of Ffilz's Greybeard)

Name: Gorya Goldsteine
Concept/Bio: Embittered wife who is feared by men throughout Erebor as the feminist grudgeswearer.

Lifepaths: Born Noble, Lead to Dwarven Guilder, Hawker, Lead to Dwarven Clansman, Wife, Lead to Dwarven Guilder, Trader, Lead to Dwarven Clansman, Longbeard

Stats: Wi: G5, Pe: B4, Po: B3, Fo: G4, Ag: B3, Sp: B3, Stride: 6

Attributes: Ref: B3, Ste: B5, Hes: 5, Hea: G2, MW: B11, Greed: G4, Circles: B3, Resources: G3

PTGS: Su: B3 Li: B5 Mi: B7 Se: B9 Tr: B10 Mo: B11

Beliefs:
- I will get even with my husband for a life wasted in devotion.
- My greatest triumph is raising a son more aspirational than his father. I will keep him from miring his life in the Host.
- Women are superior to men. I will swear the grudges of every woman wronged by a man.
- I have lost my home to dragons, twice. I will see a female Queen of dwarves to end the follies of these weak ring bearer Kings.

Instincts:
- Always expect men to break their word.
- Always prepare clothes and accessories for any occasion.
- Always have food ready for guests.

Traits: [Dt] Accustomed to the Dark, [Char] Bearded, [C-O] Disputesettler, [Dt] Dvergar, [Char] Folksywisdom, [Dt] Greed, [Char] Grudgekeeper, [Dt] Iron Will, [Dt] Oathsworn, [Dt] Shaped from Earth and Stone, [Dt] Stout, [Char] Tidy Aspect, [Dt] Tough

Skills: Clan Wise B2, Coarse Persuasion G4, Conspicuous G2, Dwarven Rune Script B2, Family-wise B7, Guilder-wise B2, Haggling G2, Host-wise B3, Inconspicuous G2, Persuasion G2, Shrewd Appraisal B4, Soothing Platitudes G2, Stentorious Debate G5, Ugly Truth B2

Affiliations: 2D Dwarven Women

Reputations: 2D Feminist Grudgeswearer, 1D Scary Greybeard's Wife

Relationships: Doting Son, tied at the Apron Strings (Minor, immediate family)

Gear: Finery, Lots of shoes

Property: Graybeards Hold, Carts and Baggage (x2)
Spells:
Weapons:

Notes on traits:
- double obstacle penalty or double body of argument when resisting Seduction or Interrogation
- Persuasion, Coarse Persuasion or Oratory when trying to settle a dispute between two characters.
- Even under the most adverse conditions, the character's clothes and appearance are neat and clean.
Last edited by Marullus on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by ffilz »

Wow, that's a lot of grey...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Marullus »

Name: Darbur Ironpull

Concept/Bio: Aspiring Smithy who crawled into the Artificers Noble ranks and seeks for his family to remain there.

Lifepaths: Born Guilder, Apprentice, Lead to Dwarven Artificer, Artificer's Ardent, Tyro Artificer, Artificer, Mask-Bearer

Stats: Wi: B6, Pe: B4, Po: B6, Fo: B5, Ag: B6, Sp: B3, Stride: 6

Attributes: Ref: B4, Ste: B4, Hes: 4, Hea: B6, MW: B12, Greed: B7, Circles: B4, Resources: G4

PTGS: Su: B3 Li: B6 Mi: B9 Se: B10 Tr: B11 Mo: B12

Beliefs:
* I won't have a failure for a son. I will pound the sloth from him like impurities from an iron bar.
* All I built is dust. I must find someone worthy of my heirlooms.
* My family is overdramatic, entitled, and don't appreciate how hard I worked. I won't let them drive me insane.
* From the day of our Union forward, I swear that I will never deny my wife what she desires.

Instincts:
* Always hide my illiteracy
* Always protect the Ironpull name
* Always take my feelings out in the forge.

Traits: [Dt] Accustomed to the Dark, [Char] Bearded, [Char] Determined, [Dt] Greed, [Char] Humility, [Char] Melodramatic Family, [Dt] Oathsworn, [Char] Seen Not Heard, [Dt] Shaped from Earth and Stone, [C-O] Sonorous Voice, [Char] Stolid, [Dt] Stout, [Dt] Tough

Skills: Black Metal Artifice B5, Carpentry B3, Carving B2, Conspicuous B3, Firebuilding B2, Jargon B2, Persuasion B4, Stone Artifice B5, War Art B6, White Metal Artifice B5, Dwarven Art-wise B5, Family-wise B2, Fire and Steel-wise B2, Stone-wise B2

Affiliations:

Reputations: Weaponmaker of the Erebor Host (2D)

Relationships: Bolinda Ironpull, wife of Darbur and entourage of Gorya Goldsteine

Gear: TBD

Property: Artificers Workshop, Artificers Hold (lost to Smaug) (16D Cash)

Spells:

Weapons:

Notes:
Sonorous Voice: Call-on for Persuasion or Seduction.
Last edited by Marullus on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Marullus »

Name: Throfroin Grayshield

Concept/Bio: Sheltered momma's boy intent on proving himself a man.

Lifepaths: Born Noble, Abecedart, Chronicler

Stats: Wi: B4, Pe: B6, Po: B3, Fo: B6, Ag: B4, Sp: B3, Stride: 6

Attributes: Ref: B4, Ste: B5, Hes: 6, Hea: B5, MW: B11, Greed: B4, Circles: B2, Resources: B0

PTGS: Su: B4 Li: B7 Mi: B8 Se: B9 Tr: B10 Mo: B11

Beliefs:
I swore to my mother that I would aspire to high office.
I obey my mother because she's a bit scary. I won't let her know I have disobeyed her.
Despite what mother says, my father is a great warrior with few words. I will do whatever he does to prove myself worthy.
The Host is where men are made great. I will prove myself to the soldiers.

Instincts:
Always inform others of past precedents.
Never run away.
Always have writing materials at hand.

Traits: [Dt] Accustomed to the Dark, [C-O] Aura of Innocence, [Char] Bearded, [Dt] Dvergar, [Dt] Greed, [Char] Know it all, [Dt] Oathsworn, [Dt] Shaped from Earth and Stone, [Dt] Stout, [Dt] Tough

Skills: Ancient and Obscure History B4, Cartography B4, Chronology of Kings B3, Dwarven Rune Script B3, Etiquette B2, Falsehood B2, Illuminations B2, Inconspicuous B2, Poetry B2, Strategy Games B3, Symbology B3, Clan Wise B3, Dwarf-wise B3, Host-wise B3, Oath-wise B3, Obscure Text-wise B3, Erebor-wise B3

Affiliations: 1D Record keepers of Erebor

Reputations:

Relationships: Gorya Goldsteine, overbearing mother (Significant, immediate family)

Gear: Clothes, boots, traveling gear, Shoddy arms, Dwarven Light Mail, Collection of wooden board game pieces (shoddy tools)

Property:

Spells:

Weapons:
Last edited by Marullus on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Marullus »

Name: Chumlie

Concept/Bio: Loveable Grifter keen to make a buck.

Lifepaths: Born Guilder, Hawker, Lead to Dwarven Outcast, Drunk, Gambler

Stats: Wi: B4, Pe: B6, Po: B4, Fo: B4, Ag: B4, Sp: B3, Stride: 6

Attributes: Ref: B4, Ste: B6, Hes: 6, Hea: B5, MW: B10, Greed: B6, Circles: B2, Resources: B2

PTGS: Su: B3 Li: B5 Mi: B7 Se: B8 Tr: B9 Mo: B10

Beliefs:
I swore to Blundrin that I would get him rich enough to win his girl.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Nothing matters more than walking away with the most coin.
Never owe something that I actually have to repay.

Instincts:
Disappear when blows start flying.
Talk big to cover my ass.
Always have drink to offer.

Traits: [Dt] Accustomed to the Dark, [C-O] Aura of Innocence, [Char] Bearded, [Char] Boaster, [Dt] Claustrophobic, [Dt] Drunk, [Dt] Greed, [Dt] Oathsworn, [Dt] Shaped from Earth and Stone, [Dt] Stonefaced, [Dt] Stout, [Dt] Tough

Skills: Persuasion B2, Conspicuous B2, Counterfeiting B2, Falsehood B3, Games of Chance B4, Haggling B2, Inconspicuous B2, Observation B3, Sleight of Hand B2, Stentorious Singing B2, Streetwise B3, Cheat-wise B3, Spiel-wise B3, Tavern Tales-wise B3, Weather-wise B3

Affiliations: 1D Woodsmen of Mirkwood, 1D Servants of the Necromancer

Reputations: 1D Everyone's Buddy

Relationships: Blundrin

Gear: Clothes, boots, Traveling gear, Shoddy counterfitting tools, Shoddy arms (Axe, shield, knives)

Property:

Spells:

Weapons:

Notes:
Effective levels: Falsehood B5, Gambling B6
Call-on Falsehood or Inconspicuous to dodge guilt
Claustrophobic: steel test or swoon/run.

Return to “The Rise of Smaug (Burning Wheel)”