OOC Discussion 3

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Discussion 3

#461 Post by drpete »

So it looks like the gang is interested in going back to Dwimmermount, rather than hanging around Adamas doing investigations.

Randolpho: you can get as much glassware as you want here. Glassware costs about 40 gp per stone, so just let me know how much you want. A 10 gallon glass amphora will be 2 stone, empty. Filled, it'll be 10 stone, just so you're aware of what we're talking about... getting 1000 gp worth of this black gunk out in one trip will definitely take some focus.

Also, I assume you're hiring the guy, if the group doesn't want to stick around to look for alternatives? Is he coming with you to Muntberg?

Torgyr: With your downtime spending, I think you go up to lvl 3, yes? Roll your hp, etc :)

Also, it sounds like there's a disagreement about who's paying for Quinn's healing. You guys are getting to a place where you can afford it individually, but people need to know what the size of their shares are...
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#462 Post by Stirling »

Quinn's healing already posted a few times. The cost was 325gp which Quinn paid up front.

We all take a share of 1200gp.

Quinn buys the flasks of Holy Water and leaves for Dwimmermount with the group.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#463 Post by drpete »

Sorry folks, didn't mean to flake on ya. This is the last week of my quarter, and between that, the election and a suprise overnight guest, I've just been a bit overwhelmed. I'll get everything rolling again quite soon.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#464 Post by Zorroroaster »

Same here - life caught up with me. No worries, we'll be here and ready to go when you are!
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#465 Post by Zorroroaster »

drpete- I have a levelling question: the Players Companion doesn't give any indication as to the progression of proficiencies for the additional classes...would Torgyr follow the thief progression and gain a new one at level 4, or the Dwarven vault guard progression and gain at level 3?

I'm a little surprised at the omission, the books are otherwise remarkably complete.

Lemme know what you want to do.

EDIT: never mind, I figured it out... Looked around on Autarch and it was pointed out that it follows the class used for saving throws. So...thief then.

Bummer. :lol: was looking forward to that. Man, the delver...he's the bastard stepchild if I've ever seen one. Hahaha!
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#466 Post by barkman »

If we're leaving I will hire the guy. I am torn between having him come with us, or have him stay in muntburg and start acting as a factor for us here.
Which option is likely more effective?
I will get a pile of glassware to be able to bring some of the distilled magic back with us, or start shipping it back here.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#467 Post by Zorroroaster »

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#468 Post by drpete »

I agree that the delver is sort of the bastard stepchild. I still like it, though, and it's what I played when I played in a Dwimmermount game. There was a tweak or two to the class on the boards, if we want to explore that (I think they included dropping "mapping" as a thing and replacing it with backstabbing, but the whole backstab thing hasn't been playing out as super useful with your tactics. I think the key with making backstab work in melee has to do with getting things like knockdown going, but I'm not sure...)

Also, don't forget that you can roll for a stat improvement.

The guy has some knowledge of magic items, so he may be useful to you in either place.

I'll try to get something up later this afternoon.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#469 Post by Zorroroaster »

Stat boost attempt (CON 7) [1d20] = 9

Woo! Wait, so which gets applied first...the HP roll or the stat roll? (He said, sneakily hoping for the latter... :lol: )

monayuris
Runner
Runner

#470 Post by monayuris »

Hey all,

I'm going to be out of town for a week on vacation and I'm not going to have consistent access to internet.

What would be best? Should I have my character return to town from here, now? Or should he just tag along silently (maybe I can get some posts in during the week.)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#471 Post by drpete »

Zorroroaster wrote:Stat boost attempt (CON 7) [1d20] = 9

Woo! Wait, so which gets applied first...the HP roll or the stat roll? (He said, sneakily hoping for the latter... :lol: )
Somehow I never responded to this... it applies retroactively to all your levels. But it's supposed to be 3d6, not 1d20. Redoing it, just to get it out of the way...

Torgyr lvl 2 vs 7 [3d6] = 13
Torgyr lvl 3 vs 8 [3d6] = 12

Congrats :) Torgyr has really toughened up over the last few months! CON goes up 2 for the 2 levels! (Does this put him at 8, or 9?)

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#472 Post by Zorroroaster »

Ahahaha, I'm such an idiot.

Watch me totally ball it up now. I'll redo it properly without the "handicap."

And even if I succeed, I'm still a point away from no CON penalty. I'm working on a long term plan towards better health. Doctors orders. :lol:

Stat boost attempt (CON 7) [3d6] = 11:

Ha!

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#473 Post by drpete »

hehe... ok, so you did it for both lvl 2 and lvl 3, and either your rolls or mine, you'll go up, so 9, now?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#474 Post by drpete »

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#475 Post by Zorroroaster »

drpete wrote:hehe... ok, so you did it for both lvl 2 and lvl 3, and either your rolls or mine, you'll go up, so 9, now?
I hate to burst my own bubble here, but I had failed my previous attempt when I first hit level 2. Rolled a 3 according to the dice roller history.

So yeah, I'm at 8 now. :lol:

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#476 Post by drpete »

Did you roll a 3d6 for lvl 2? A 3 would be super unlucky... I think it was a d20, so 2 roll needed to be fixed

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#477 Post by Zorroroaster »

You're right. I farked it up both times. I think that should mean I'm flat out ineligible. :lol:

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#478 Post by drpete »

Hey guys,

I'm worried about the slow rate of response/action lately. Are we still good? Do you want to continue, and go back into the dungeon? Do you really want to hire this other party, or are we kind of spinning our wheels in a way that's preventing us from getting back to doing "stuff"? It feels like we're throwing up chaff to avoid going into the dungeon.

My preference, at this point, would be to get back to being in the dungeon. I'm not trying to make the other stuff dull, but it requires more investment from you guys to make stuff happen, and enthusiasm/momentum clearly drains away as we spend time out of the dungeon.

I'm not trying to make stuff outside the dungeon unsatisfying, but you guys are kind of "drifting" in the absence of someone who wants to push things somewhere... are we really going to spend 2 weeks debating whether you want to hire these guys *again*?

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#479 Post by kalstone »

Yeah, sorry. I'm on vacation so I haven't had the time to think about things. I'm wondering if the second party is one distraction too many. Personally, I'm starting to get lost in all of our financial obligations. I'm not sure we have the money to hire them, and I don't know where to start to figure it out.

I know we tried to make a thread listing all of our expenses. Maybe we need to revisit that.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#480 Post by Zorroroaster »

Yeah, apologies here too. The impending holidays have really ramped things up work and life-wise.

I'd love to continue, and agree that getting back into the dungeon is the best way to rekindle things. I don't think we really need the added distraction of the second group.

Return to “Dwimmermount (ACKS)”