OOC Discussion 3

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC Discussion 3

#421 Post by barkman »

Did i say monday i'd roll my stats? I clearly meant thursday.... but it was worth it!
Hit points for Level 3 [1d4] = 4
[3d6] = 11 5 or better for WIS

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#422 Post by Zorroroaster »

drpete, would a dwarf's debt to his father count towards "impractical spending?" Torgyr came to Adamas with a hole burning in his pocket only to realize he has yet to begin repayment to his father, something that causes him distinct guilt and shame. :lol:
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#423 Post by drpete »

Sure, that can count. It's a virtual sinkhole. Did we establish the actual size of that debt?
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#424 Post by Zorroroaster »

I don't believe we did, no.
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#425 Post by drpete »

Torgyr has a debt of 40,000 gp to his father for creating him. Torgyr's father is also a Delver, who was able to accumulate at least this amount of money to create him. To have that much disposable cash, Torgyr's father must be of a fairly high level, but I haven't fleshed him out at this point. Any ideas, or would you like me to create him?

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#426 Post by Zorroroaster »

Wow. 40 large. That is a deep hole indeed. :lol:

Coulda been worse, though. No, if you want to create him that's totally cool with me.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#427 Post by drpete »

Well, consider that effectively dwarves are kinda like golems here, and this is kind of a "construct creation" thing. The technicalities are a little different, since it's not a mage doing it, but it's sorta the same ballpark.

I'll make something up for him. Sounds like there'd be a bit of a past, eh? :)

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#428 Post by Zorroroaster »

Yeah, I got the impression we shouldn't just dump gold into reserve but use the transfer of money to open up or otherwise develop stories/plot lines/background/flavour. True?

Yeah, there's history. Fathers and sons, man. Fathers and sons. :lol:

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#429 Post by drpete »

Well, we don't have to make it too melodramatic, unless you want to, but let's say the money should at least be useful in a meta sense for opening up some kinda interaction with the world that you'd be interested in pursuing a bit of and character development.

In addition, though a few people took me up on my offer last time you were in Adamas to create "contacts"... friends and/or enemies for your character in Adamas... not everyone did, so if you want to shape what Adamas looks like to your character, you can create "contacts" here, up to (4+charisma modifier). I know Torgyr, Solaine and Randolpho gave me some. Any interest in that from Ranulf or Quinn?

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#430 Post by Stirling »

Quinn doesn't really have many contacts in Adamas as he came from Gloris and spent his days in the wilderness by the river or exploring in the Wintertop range. The Gloris militia draft in citizens for defending the settlements and hunting down goblin or bestial creatures. In his introduction to the group he was found hawking 'genuine' minotaur horned helm at the tavern frequented by the dwarves. So hence trying to establish contacts within the armaments folk and checking out Adamas tin can alley shooting range.

With his charisma though he his always likely to find a friend though he is comfortable in his own company. He swears that growing up, his Ma tied sausages around his neck just so the dog would play with him.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#431 Post by drpete »

Hi everybody, please welcome monayuris to the group :)

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#432 Post by Zorroroaster »

Greetings!

monayuris
Runner
Runner

#433 Post by monayuris »

Hey everyone.

Thanks for having me. First time with play by forum. I honestly don't get to play all that much. So I'm really looking forward to this.

I got some decisions to make for my character. I'll work on it as soon as possible.

-Michael

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#434 Post by kalstone »

Welcome aboard!

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#435 Post by drpete »

Looks good, Monayuris. Welcome Liam :)

Now, given that both you and Randolpho have blue mage's cassocks and have studied Collegiate Wizardry, perhaps you share a mentor...? Just a thought... Randolpho had a bit of an awkward meeting with his mentor just now. Dunno if that kind of potential drama appeals to you guys.

Seeing your proficiencies, I've got some info to convey to you... I'll do it in a private message.

monayuris
Runner
Runner

#436 Post by monayuris »

drpete wrote:Looks good, Monayuris. Welcome Liam :)

Now, given that both you and Randolpho have blue mage's cassocks and have studied Collegiate Wizardry, perhaps you share a mentor...? Just a thought... Randolpho had a bit of an awkward meeting with his mentor just now. Dunno if that kind of potential drama appeals to you guys.

Seeing your proficiencies, I've got some info to convey to you... I'll do it in a private message.
it could be fun to have the same mentor. Maybe a little friendly rivalry between pupils.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#437 Post by drpete »

Stirling, sounds like you're saying you've got a lot of money burning a hole in your pocket. Feel free to think of something terribly wasteful to spend it on. This'll get you xp for each gold you spend on non "useful" stuff in Adamas. Partying, or research into some esoteric interest (that isn't likely to actually help in game) or erection of a statue, or whatever... something that is basically spending on roleplaying instead of character optimization.

Oh, and no, he didn't know that... it was just ... luck?

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#438 Post by barkman »

Flunk out of one college of magic and everyone holds a grudge!

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#439 Post by Stirling »

Quinn

He can bear the cost of his leg healing and if he gets 1200gp share for the last adventure he will at least look into the Adamas armoury and shooting range as a potential line of future business. We could even go Wyvern hunting.

Is there a 'paintballing' range? That sounds like good fun and a way to harmlessly splatter each other as Quinn tries out a variety of musket, pistol and arquebus weaponry.

You have plot hooks in Adamas if we don't want to go straight back to the Dwimmermount. Quinn once rested and healed would like to see more of the city being a country boy.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#440 Post by drpete »

Guns exist, but they are an expensive curiosity, and stuff like "tin can alleys" and paintball doesn't exist. Gunpowder needs to be (expensively) made by alchemists, and the whole process is kinda too expensive for it to really catch on. For practice, owners can go to the Field of Mavors and set up a target, but there's not enough demand for that to really be a business, yet.

If you want to start looking into starting such a business, you could, but it'll take time. You need a day of bedrest.

It sounds like you were bearing the healing cost yourself? Or is that a group expense? People had started spending their loot, but I think just how much they got was waiting on your healing, no?

Return to “Dwimmermount (ACKS)”