Chapter 5: Let's Rock!

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 5: Let's Rock!

#341 Post by Stirling »

Quinn Coburg

Quinn advances to cleave through the orc rank, swinging with his sword.

Wearing a war mask he bellows out in Bestial, a harsh gluttoral command, "Bow now or bow later. It's all the same to me".

Cleave attack: to hit = 5, dam 3, second attack, to hit =19, dam 3.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#342 Post by drpete »

Stirling wrote:Quinn Coburg

Quinn advances to cleave through the orc rank, swinging with his sword.

Wearing a war mask he bellows out in Bestial, a harsh gluttoral command, "Bow now or bow later. It's all the same to me".

Cleave attack: to hit = 5, dam 3, second attack, to hit =19, dam 3.
Two things, fyi:

First, when using the die roller, there's a text box below the roll with some code to make the rolls appear nice in the forum. Just copy/paste that, if you could.

Second, some classes, including fighters and rangers at first level, get a second "cleave" attack when they kill an opponent. As they go up levels, they get damage bonuses and additional cleave attacks, which will eventually allow high level fighter-types to really mow through swarms of orcs.

You don't need to roll the second attack, but you can if you think your first attack probably killed something. Quinn's first attack looks like a whiff. Zim's looks like it'll kill an orc, but being a cleric, he doesn't get a cleave attack (yet).
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#343 Post by kalstone »

Solaine laughs as she decapitates the orc. "Rico and Tychon are avenged!"

She swings her Voulge at another orc shouting "Gaze upon your death!"

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by Stirling »

Yeah, have this issue with using my mobile to game with as I can't cut and paste with it. Still the rolls can be checked all the time on the 'see all rolls for quinn' or 'see all rolls for this campaign' so there is no gamesmanship.

I rolled twice to cleave to put the attacks together as one action, I know the first missed. The second is just a follow up if the first succeeded.

Hope that is OK.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#345 Post by sulldawga »

Stirling wrote:Yeah, have this issue with using my mobile to game with as I can't cut and paste with it.

Don't know about Android but if you're on an iPhone, just hold your finger down over the URL until the "copy" button pops up. Hit the copy button, then switch to your post. Hold your finger down on the spot in your post where you want to paste it. Again, the "paste" button will pop up. Hit that, and you're good.

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#347 Post by barkman »

Randolpho continues to skulk around the outside of the fight, hoping to get an opportunity to spring out and backstab an Orc.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#348 Post by Zorroroaster »

Torgyr levels his crossbow at the two orcs near the door.

"Keep pressing them!"

Initiative: [1d6+2] = 4+2 = 6
Crossbow: Attack (10+): [1d20+2] = 18+2 = 20, Damage: [1d6] = 6
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#349 Post by drpete »

Round 3

The orc that Torgyr sets fire to falls to the ground and dies. Torgyr shoots his companion near the entrance (6 damage) and he falls, too.

Plud attacks one of the remaining orcs, wounding it (5 damage).

Randolpho skulks around behind the line of warriors, looking for an opening, but the entire room is bisected by the line of battle, and Randolpho is stuck on the wrong side.

Solaine gloats, howling "Gaze upon your death!" at her opponents as she slices another orc cleanly in two (9 damage). To all appearances, she seems to have "become" some kind of demon at this point. She hisses, sticking out a six-inch long green tongue as the orc falls.

Emm and Ranulf attack their opponents, but are unable to match Solaine's fury.

Zim, however, caves in the chest of one the orcs Plud hurt (7 damage).

Quinn advances and attacks the last remaining orc. He screeches "Bow now or Bow later! It's all the same!" in an off-putting, high-pitched voice. This is followed by maniacal laughter as his eyes grow into huge saucers and large razor-sharp teeth grow out of his mouth. Quinn misses his attack.

Audi reaches over Ranulf's shoulder and stabs the last orc (2 damage) but it stays up.

You hear the clomp of additional approaching footsteps from the area beyond the doorway, along with the squealing of more orcs. Additional reinforcements seem to be coming. This seems to give the last remaining orc a bit of reassurance, but he does start to back up toward the door.

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#350 Post by barkman »

"Do I close the door, or move the line up?" Randolpho shouts.

If he gets enough cries to shut the door he will do so, otherwise he continues to skulk around the outside the battle area, trying to get hidden in the shadow of the doorway to stab once the group of orcs is in the room.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#351 Post by Dogma »

Ranulf follow the backpedaling orc, keeping the pressure on. We hold then here! This is our chance to bloody them enough they'll think twice before attacking us again!"

"Plud, with me at the door" barks Ranulf. "Solaine and Quinn, behind us with those masks! Keep them unnerved and strike when you can! Emm, reload my crossbow. The rest of you stay ready if we get over run and they get through the door. And for Mavor's sake, someone untie that prisoner!"

url=http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do ... macid=7240]sword to hit:[1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14, damage [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6[/url]
Last edited by Dogma on Wed May 25, 2016 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by drpete »

Dogma wrote: "And for Mavor's sake, someone untie that prisoner!"
LOL

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by thirdkingdom »

Dogma wrote:Ranulf follow the backpedaling orc, keeping the pressure on. We hold then here! This is our chance to bloody them enough they'll think twice before attacking us again!"

"Plud, with me at the door" barks Ranulf. "Solaine and Quinn, behind us with those masks! Keep them unnerved and strike when you can! Emm, reload my crossbow. The rest of you stay ready if we get over run and they get through the door. And for Mavor's sake, someone untie that prisoner!"

url=http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do ... macid=7240]sword to hit:[1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14, damage [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6[/url]
Plud the Panivorous

Plud shrugs and presses the attack. "If anyone has any more military oil now might be a good time to ready it."

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#354 Post by Dogma »

for the record...no one has to follow Ranulf's orders...wouldn't be the first time he tried to take control in game and was ignored :) His feelings might get hurt but mine will be fine :)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by drpete »

Ranulf also has relatively little luck with the ladies. Poor guy.

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#356 Post by barkman »

Seeing the line move to the door, Randolpho heads over to cut the dwarf free instead.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#357 Post by kalstone »

Solaine will attack the orc if she can and then move into line behind Ranulf and Plud.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by drpete »

Shoot... I forgot to mention that while he was screeching his creepy threat, Quinn's mask also "comes to life". His mouth is full of sharp teeth, and his eyes are huge and bulbous.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#359 Post by Dogma »

drpete wrote:Ranulf also has relatively little luck with the ladies. Poor guy.
That, sir, is a lie told by women who may or may not have been hit on by Ranulf....

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#360 Post by bobloblah »

Is the prisoner on our side of the line of battle? If so, Brother Galen will move over to the dwarf and check on him. If not, he'll simply move to enter the room behind the others, Ajax in tow.

I'm not sure I know where everyone is...do we still have a rear-guard? Just in case some of the orcs head round to see if they can get through the secret door behind us...

Return to “Dwimmermount (ACKS)”