coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter 3 > Redbrand Hideout

#381 Post by coil23 »

Aslaan will spend one hit die to heal
Hit Points [1d10+2] = 2+2 = 4
which takes him back to his max (24hp)

Shall we check out the barracks and storage area? Turning to the prisoner family, perhaps it would be safer if you stay with us. We shouldn't be in here too much longer.

Aslaan looks for a blanket to wrap the swords and daggers in, grabs two bows and quivers. The rest will be left since none of us had the foresight to bring pack animals, Aslaan thinks sadly.

wordoftheoracle
Ranger
Ranger

#382 Post by wordoftheoracle »

Ioriston is going to rest up here.

Do I need to roll hit dice or something?
PC History:

Ioriston Erudleaf - Level Three Elven Wizard, Hedge's Adventures in the Realms (5e)
Loche - Level Three Pict Thief, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#383 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Kelton digs deep to regain his strength and stamina. Healed 18. Sorry for the weird rolls, my tablet went wonky on me last night.

http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... macid=7334
http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... macid=7334

If there are no interruptions during rest, Kelton agrees with checking out the rest of the complex before leaving the place entirely.

What are we going to do about Stitches? I suppose we can come back to retrieve his body after the rest of this place is cleared?

wordoftheoracle
Ranger
Ranger

#384 Post by wordoftheoracle »

Ioriston rests... or what passes for resting for an Elf.

Hit Dice Roll: [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6
Hit Dice Roll: [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5

For a total of 11 hp! I now have a total of 12 hp!

Do I get some spells back? I don't think so as it isn't a full rest.
PC History:

Ioriston Erudleaf - Level Three Elven Wizard, Hedge's Adventures in the Realms (5e)

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by ybn1197 »

Gerland returns to the room when things quiet down and makes the :o face as well, abashed at what occurred to a helpless prisoner. Do the ends justify the means or are we no better than them he thinks to himself. He spends the time of rest in contemplation over what they have accomplished and the losses they have endured.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#386 Post by Computer +1 »

Kael is more than a bit shocked when the elf murders the Redbrand right in front of them all. Perhaps the fact that he was standing directly behind the man when the magic was cast or just the coldness of the act has left Kael angry. Don't you ever do that again elf he hisses at Ioriston. You aint the law here, he shoulda been brought back into town to answer all that has been happening down here, not answer to you. Scaring a man to talk is one thing. Killing him after is another. You didn't have the right of it, if someone was going to do it it shoulda been the kid. Furious the veins in his neck are popping out, An' you sure as fuck don't do that when I am standing right behind him.

Kael will then spend some time checking over his wounds, other party member wounds and lastly over his gear.

So after the short rest I can spend up to 2 hd recovering lost hp. Is there any reason to only spend the one hd? Is there a benefit to not spending it? The instructions from the PHB leave me wondering.

[1d10] = 6+4 = 10
Kael is fully healed.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#387 Post by hedgeknight »

coil23 wrote:Aslaan will spend one hit die to heal
Hit Points [1d10+2] = 2+2 = 4
which takes him back to his max (24hp)
Here are the character stats from the last melee round:
Aslaan is down 15 hp
Ioriston is stabilized
Kael is down 8 hp
Kelton is stabilized
Stitches > dead

Post edited > forgot about Aslaan taking Second Wind ;)

After all of the healing, these are adjusted as follows:
Aslaan >full hp
Ioriston > has 12 hp
Kael > full hp
Kelton > has 19 hp
Gerland > full hp
Stitches > still dead as a doornail
:twisted:

So after the short rest I can spend up to 2 hd recovering lost hp. Is there any reason to only spend the one hd? Is there a benefit to not spending it? The instructions from the PHB leave me wondering.

The advantage to spending more than 1 hd is to recover more fully in case you had a sucky roll the first time. In your case, you had a solid roll with only expending 1 hd...that way if you were to get hurt again PRIOR to a long rest, you'd still have another HD to spend for healing. Make sense?

The Dendrar family readily agrees with Aslaan > there is no way they are staying put. So, the group leaves the body of Stitches, passes back through the crypt, and out into the northern hall to the locked door. While they are trying to decide what to do about that, Ms. Dendrar says, "What about my husband, Thel? Did the creature...really...?" She gags at the thought of her husband being eaten and swoons slightly, leaning against the cold stone wall for support.
Winter is coming...

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#388 Post by coil23 »

Aslaan

Aslaan whispers to the woman (doesn't she know we're on stealth mode?) The creature killed him but, seeing how it operated, it was probably fast. And that guy right there points at Kael he dealt the final blow that destroyed the monster that took your husband.

Aslaan sets down his bow and arrow for a moment to kneel and examine the lock, door, and frame. Looking for any traps, oddities, and the apparent complexity of the lock. If it seems ok he will try to pick the lock.

sleight of hand [1d20+3] = 13+3 = 16

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#389 Post by Computer +1 »

Kael is ready for the next fight but his heart goes out to the poor woman. Thats right ma'am. The creature is deader then dead. So you know it uses a mind attack to knock out its prey. Yer husband woulda' been unconscious when it came for him. The lie slips off his tongue easily and it sounds good. The creature's mental projection still rung inside Kael's brain from their encounter and it was better to spare them any more pain thinking about it.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#390 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Kelton smiles at the bricks white lie. No harm done with that one, he thinks to himself. Life is hard enough for these simple folk to have to endure such truths.

He says nothing about it and instead has a look at the door with Aslaan.

Perception Check [1d20+3] = 9+3 = 12

wordoftheoracle
Ranger
Ranger

#391 Post by wordoftheoracle »

Ioriston follows at the rear.
PC History:

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#392 Post by hedgeknight »

coil23 wrote:Aslaan sets down his bow and arrow for a moment to kneel and examine the lock, door, and frame. Looking for any traps, oddities, and the apparent complexity of the lock. If it seems ok he will try to pick the lock.
sleight of hand [1d20+3] = 13+3 = 16
Aslaan tries to pick the lock, but he really doesn't have the tools or the skill to do so...although he figures it out by a thorough examination of the lock, door, and frame. If only he had the key...
While the rest of the group watches, Kael's "white lie" to ease the pain of the woodcarver's family seems to do exactly that. Kelton smiles and watches Aslaan a little closer, but he can't figure out how to unlock the door.
Ioriston and Gerland bring up the rear, making sure no one or no thing sneaks up on the group.

Current Stats:
Aslaan >full hp
Ioriston > has 12 hp
Kael > full hp
Kelton > has 19 hp
Gerland > full hp

Actions?
Winter is coming...

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#393 Post by coil23 »

Aslaan

Turning to the group, Aslaan pronounces with gravity, In my professional opinion: we need the key.

wordoftheoracle
Ranger
Ranger

#394 Post by wordoftheoracle »

Ioriston turns to the group: "In my professional opinion, we knock down the door. I offer my assistance inasmuch as I can offer. Unless we lifted more than just the cell keys from our adversaries."
PC History:

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#395 Post by Computer +1 »

Axes are for chopping right? Unless anyone objects Kael will attack the door. This is going to be loud, everyone watch our backs he puffs between strikes.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#396 Post by coil23 »

Aslaan

Oh, I forgot about the key ring. Is there one for this door?

wordoftheoracle
Ranger
Ranger

#397 Post by wordoftheoracle »

"Really, Aslaan? Really? You didn't bother to check or inquire?"
PC History:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#398 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Kelton smiles at the puffing Brick once the keys are mentioned.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#399 Post by coil23 »

Aslaan

Aslaan, turning red at Ioriston's comment, mumbles I guess I'll defer to your foresight.......if not your aim.

wordoftheoracle
Ranger
Ranger

#400 Post by wordoftheoracle »

"Touche, Aslaan!"
PC History:

Return to “Hedge's Adventures in the Realms (5e)”