Rules of the Realms/House Rules

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Rules of the Realms/House Rules

#1 Post by hedgeknight »

House Rules

Here are just a few things I've come up with through the years - some are my own, and some I stole...borrowed from other DM's. And...these are up for discussion, change, addition, etc. Remember: this is OUR game!

Link to download basic rules from Wizards webpage > http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules

Combat & Healing:

Dice Rolls

You fellers are in charge of your initiative, attack and damage rolls, and saves. Spellcasters roll damage and/or healing, plus duration for spell effects if applicable. I'll roll everything else.

Critical Hits/Misses

> A natural "20" is a Critical Hit and does double damage. For example, Kelton crushes a bugbear with his greataxe, rolling a "20" > he rolls 2d12 and then adds any bonuses for Strength and Magic.
> A natural "1" is a Critical Miss and you *damage and/or drop your weapon. A "1" on a ranged weapon like a bow or sling, results in breaking the string or strap.
*Note: If enough damage is done to a weapon it can break or render it useless, even a magical weapon.

Hit Points and Level Advancement

When rolling hit points for level advancement, you may use one of two methods:
1/ Roll the dice (add Con bonus) and get what you get...OR
2/ Take half (plus Con bonus) > for example, Ioriston advances to 2nd level and instead of rolling the dice, he takes half of 1d6 (3), adds his Con bonus (+2), giving him 5 hp to add to his total.

Players > please do not post in this thread. Post any questions, concerns, gripes, threats, bribes, etc. in the OOC thread.
Last edited by hedgeknight on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Winter is coming...

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Rules of the Realms/House Rules

#2 Post by hedgeknight »

Rule for absent players:

If the group is in combat and you do not post after two days, I will take control of your character for the remainder of the combat. If this becomes a pattern, I will take over your character permanently as an NPC and you will be out of the game.
In role playing situations, if you do not post, you do not act, nor do you have a voice in what the group decides...or what is decided for your character. Also, I will speak for your character as needed to move the game along.
These actions will directly affect the amount of XP awarded to your character too. If you're not participating, it's not fair to give your character the same XP as those who contribute regularly.

I say all this not to be a jerk DM, but to hopefully make it clear as to what I expect from all of us. And to remind you of why you signed on in the first place. I hope you agree, and if you want to discuss it further, please PM me.
Winter is coming...

Return to “Hedge's Adventures in the Realms (5e)”