Chapter 5 > Neverwinter...In Search Of...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Chapter 5 > Neverwinter...In Search Of...

#61 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Kelton snaps out of his trailing thoughts and regains his composure. He smirks at Aslaan's comment.

I for one could use a drink and some lunch. It certainly sounds delicious. He looks to Uilon. Do you think we have time for a meal and some more conversation? Or, should we keep to our task here? Remember what the guards said about being out after dark.......

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by hedgeknight »

Theryis looks at Kelton quizzically. "What did the guards say about being out after dark?"
Winter is coming...

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#63 Post by Jack »

"Blue skies and a high Eleasis sun, so we probably still have enough time," Uilon says to Kelton.

After thinking for a bit he continues, "If Haeredeth turns out to give senseless counsel, I'd still like to stay with you to find out more about the situation with Venomfang. I'd then have to find, and tell the small circle of swords about Thundertree; and about Haeredeth..."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#64 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Kelton smiles at the idea of ordering lunch. He addresses the pretty elf before placing his order.

The guards said that things are not well around the Blacklake. Dangerous, scary monsters rule these lands, they say. I'm sorry but, you don't look either scary or dangerous to me. The knight pulls out his coin purse and lets his stomach do the next talking.

Bring us each a flagon of your finest ale. I would like to have some of the roasted chicken with mushrooms and creamed buttery potatoes, served with black bread and butter. Maybe a few of those baked salmon cakes with chips and slaw, served with corn bread. Anybody want to try the soup tomato basil soup with toasted brie biscuits.

I have developed quite a hunger after the confrontation with that damn dragon. I still don't trust that beast one bit.

He makes sure that Theris hears that last part, always trying to impress the pretty ones.

wordoftheoracle
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by wordoftheoracle »

We should not tarry here too long. We need to make our destination before dark. If fell creatures roam in daylight, I can only imagine what stirs after dark.

Ioriston is uneasy and on his guard. He is very uncomfortable in this place of mirrors.
PC History:

Ioriston Erudleaf - Level Three Elven Wizard, Hedge's Adventures in the Realms (5e)
Loche - Level Three Pict Thief, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by hedgeknight »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Kelton smiles at the idea of ordering lunch. He addresses the pretty elf before placing his order.
The guards said that things are not well around the Blacklake. Dangerous, scary monsters rule these lands, they say. I'm sorry but, you don't look either scary or dangerous to me. The knight pulls out his coin purse and lets his stomach do the next talking.
Theryis shrugs. "Well, things aren't perfect anywhere in the city...regardless of what the Lord Protector thinks about his enclave. The Blacklake district is safe for the most part; the Mintarn mercs patrol the streets and deal with any lawlessness. Now, the River district...that's an entirely different story! I wouldn't go up there unless you're spoiling for a fight."
OGRE MAGE wrote:I have developed quite a hunger after the confrontation with that damn dragon. I still don't trust that beast one bit.
He makes sure that Theris hears that last part, always trying to impress the pretty ones.
Oh, she hears it alright! Her pretty eyes nearly bulge out of her head. "Dragon? Did you say dragon?" She gives your order to a bar maid and then pulls up a chair and sits down. "When and where did you confront a dragon? There have been no confirmed sightings of dragons since Mount Hotenow erupted. Are the dragons coming back?"
She seems genuinely excited, not afraid, of this news.
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#67 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Well now, this is exactly what Kelton was hoping for.

It wasn't very far away, or long ago. We confronted one in the forsaken forest. Why do you ask? Do you like dragons?

I suppose I could introduce you, if you aren't afraid.

What do you know of such creatures?

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by hedgeknight »

Theryis shrugs and blushes slightly. "Only that...they are the most magnificent of all creatures! I've only ever seen a few in my lifetime, but I remember every one. Most recently, the huge blue that fought the forces of Neverwinter during the Sundering. It's lightning breath was devastating, and it took many arrows and spells to drive it off.
"And would you really...introduce me to a dragon? What is its name? What type of dragon is it?"

Your food arrives, but Theryis is clinging to your every word.

Does anyone else order food/drink?
Winter is coming...

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#69 Post by Jack »

Uilon just sips his water, listening to Kelton for more info on Venomfang, looking at the mannequins and other patrons.

wordoftheoracle
Ranger
Ranger

#70 Post by wordoftheoracle »

Ioriston orders an ale. He believes it is best to look busy in a place like this, but is still wary. He is a bit shocked that Kelton would so easily talk about this dragon when we know that there are those about who are holding her brood.

Ioriston butts into the conversation and elbows Kelton hard.

Kelton is a jolly man full of very tall tales. We didn't bump into any dragon on our travels. It was more like a larger than average lizard. I, too, am fascinated by dragon lore and would've loved to have seen an actual dragon.

Ioriston hopes that Kelton will catch on...
PC History:

Ioriston Erudleaf - Level Three Elven Wizard, Hedge's Adventures in the Realms (5e)

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by coil23 »

Aslaan

Disgusted by the woman's seemingly naive foolishness, Aslaan listens in on the conversation but does not look her way to avoid giving away his true feelings. Obviously this slattern has never had a horse she loved. He nurses an ale slowly to appear to be doing something. Casual looks to the side and around, Aslaan seeks to find if anyone else seems to be paying attention to this conversation as well, or to their group.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#72 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Kelton stares at his master with a slight look of confusion on his face. He deliberately didn't give the girl any real information about their quest. He becomes slightly embarrassed once his words are shot down like a child's ramblings. He decides it might be best to let someone else do the talking from now on. So much for trying to impress pretty females while in town.

He doesn't answer the girl and lowers his head in shame once again.

wordoftheoracle
Ranger
Ranger

#73 Post by wordoftheoracle »

Ioriston takes pity on Kelton and decides to be a good wing-elf.

Our good friend does fancy himself an amazing storyteller, and this much is true. Many an hour I've passed listen to friend Kelton weave his tales. Please, Kelton, do continue this tale! Please tell me I have a wonderful role to play!

Ioriston turns to the girl: He may have peak physique, but he has a heart of gold and a soul to match. You would do well to befriend him. I haven't regretted a moment.

Ioriston winks at Kelton and continues to nurse his drink.
PC History:

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by hedgeknight »

The glimmer (of hope?) fades from Theryis' eyes and face at the mention that the dragon is no more than a fairy tale for children. She stands up quickly, giving Kelton a sour look and then says, "Mata, yulna, san' pay ar' kela. Amin caela n'uma coiasira ten' foolish games."

For those who speak/understand Elvish:
Eat, drink, then pay and leave. I have no time for foolish games.
coil23 wrote:AslaanCasual looks to the side and around, Aslaan seeks to find if anyone else seems to be paying attention to this conversation as well, or to their group.
Aslaan's vigilance pays off...as he notes with certainty a group of Mintarn soldiers in the back corner near a window. All four keep glancing at he and his companions, and then whispering to one another. And from the looks on their faces, they are not telling jokes. Two of the soldiers are dwarves, the other two human. All four are armed to the teeth.
Winter is coming...

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#75 Post by Jack »

Uilon figures that Theryis' body language means he doesn't have to translate.

He follows Aslaan's gaze, and is about to wave at the four sour Mintarn soldiers, but thinks better of it and instead finishes off his water.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#76 Post by coil23 »

Aslaan

If the slattern who has no sense has walked away, then Aslaan will casually and quietly relay to the others about who is intently monitoring them across the room.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#77 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Kelton loves to watch her walk away. He doesn't even notice the others gaze is fixed elsewhere.

Thats a pity! She could have made a fine wife someday.

So, what'd she say? Did she mention anything about me?

wordoftheoracle
Ranger
Ranger

#78 Post by wordoftheoracle »

Ioriston comforts Kelton.

She said that you were charming, but that she had duties to take care of in the kitchen. She said that you'd make an excellent husband if you settled down one day.

Ioriston follows the stares of the others....

What is it? What do we need done?
PC History:

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by hedgeknight »

The four Mintarn soldiers finish their drinks, toss a few coins on the table, and get up to leave. They make it a point of walking close to your table, giving you the "once over" as they go out the door.
Winter is coming...

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#80 Post by Jack »

"Do you think those soldiers are connected to the cult," Uilon says, "or maybe think we are?"

He whispers, "What information do you have on the location of the egg or its holders?"

Return to “Hedge's Adventures in the Realms (5e)”