They Who Dwell in Shadow (ooc and questions lll)

Inferno
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: They Who Dwell in Shadow (ooc and questions lll)

#61 Post by rredmond »

We've stabilized everyone, right? So they can all be moved safely.

But if we wanted to, we could splash some of the "possible healing" potions into Father Abramos mouth, with my dagger at his neck. If he revives completely, I'll kill him again. If bad things start to happen, well then Mouser will just keep the vials for some future fun. ;)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by rredmond »

Inferno wrote:Ron, I'll NPC Mouser this round.
Sorry about that. Not sure why Real Life keeps wanting to get in the way of my fun, dammit!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Zhym »

We may need to just risk it and hope they're healing potions. It could take two of them to revive Avril.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by rredmond »

Zhym wrote:We may need to just risk it and hope they're healing potions. It could take two of them to revive Avril.
Completely agreed, the old schooler in me says to slosh it in Avril's mouth and hope for the best. :)
Is -10 dead-dead in this game?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by rredmond »

Just realized who's playing Avril. I know he's got a lot of RL stuff going on, but I'm pretty certain he wouldn't mind us pouring an unidentified potion into his character's mouth if there's a chance to heal her and help the party... just sayin'. If the party is cool with that route, then Mouser will certainly do the honors. :twisted:

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Zhym »

If we can use those potions to get everyone mobile again, I think it's worth the risk.

But then, they aren't my characters. ;)

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Inferno »

Zhym wrote:Is there any chance a non-ranger could spot tracks?
Yes. It's a heavily modified Int Save on 1d20.
Please give me a sense of what Grothnak is looking for, and where, (IC) so I know how to modify the roll. Please also link your roll. Thanks.
rredmond wrote:Is -10 dead-dead in this game?
Yes. It don't get no deader than -10hp. :)
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by rredmond »

Zhym wrote:If we can use those potions to get everyone mobile again, I think it's worth the risk.
Again agreed, maybe for a risk taking thief it is worth the risk. Sorry Greg. :D
Inferno wrote:Yes. It don't get no deader than -10hp. :)
:lol:

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by rredmond »

Last questions of the day, it shouldn't impact my post but mayhap the outcome of the post.
Do healing potions come in 8 doses per vial in your game?
If so, will Mouser know that?

If Long Bo doesn't totally brush Mouser off, he'll just give her a bit, but if it looks like it's helping and she ain't awake, then he'll keep adding a bit more until she awakens, if it looks like it isn't helping, or someone stops him.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Inferno »

As per DMG, healing potions are one dose per flask. Extra Healing potions have 3 doses or one, depending on the outcome you want.

This is not to say that any of these are potions that heal, of course.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by rredmond »

When the DM smiles, wrote:As per DMG, healing potions are one dose per flask. Extra Healing potions have 3 doses or one, depending on the outcome you want.
Hmm, something comes in 1/8s... maybe invisibility potions? Ah well.
It's already too late! wrote:This is not to say that any of these are potions that heal, of course.
Welp, I guess we're about to find out. :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#72 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I may be a little late to this party but.....

If they are actually healing..... (still makes no sense that the evil priest wouldn't have at least tried to use one or more on himself)

I am not sure if it does us much good to continue raising our unconscious members to "barely walking" status. I think we have enough of those in the group already. It makes more sense to me to let someone who is still able to fight (Pelias?) take some of the healing, in case we get into more trouble before we can find the way out of this mess.

With most of us completely spent, I think escape is our only option. I would rather carry one or two of our wounded and have a chance at a fighting retreat than to run into trouble with everyone except Grothnak at only a few hit points.

With that being said, Bo will continue to follow along with the consensus of the group, despite my opinions. :D

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by rredmond »

I'm good with however the group wants to go as well. We'd travel faster with more walkers. But if the potion is a healing potion that is only going to get folks up to walking but useless status, then I agree with you. I figured if we were worried that these may not be healing potions, but brain washing potions, then using them on nearly dead PCs wouldn't hurt and may help. :D

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Zhym »

I figure we're in no condition for a fight whatever we do. Dragging two unconscious people and their gear around has to slow us down. If they're mobile, we won't be in any better condition to fight but we'll be much more able to run away.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by rredmond »

Looks like running away is going to be key right about now. ;)

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by ChubbyPixie »

I was looking at the first floor map and wondering if we could make use of the secret doors behind the altar to mostly evade the mob, who I'm sure aren't aware of them. Still, I can't imagine someone of them wouldn't see us and then it's a race carrying wounded... and this plan would require us to run downstairs riiiight... now. :)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by rredmond »

If the other two vials are healing potions as well, we can definitely get Avril and Hoom into the positives at least. Maybe not so functional, but able to run away.

Someone had stated before about maybe healing up some of our more functional folks in the single digits... what does everyone think. Sounds pretty likely that the potions are decent healing potions - +4-10 HPs. As we move Mouser can be pouring the stuff down their throats even.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by rredmond »

ChubbyPixie wrote:I was looking at the first floor map and wondering if we could make use of the secret doors behind the altar to mostly evade the mob, who I'm sure aren't aware of them. Still, I can't imagine someone of them wouldn't see us and then it's a race carrying wounded... and this plan would require us to run downstairs riiiight... now. :)
Are we still able to go down at this point. :D
We can definitely try some barricading, but can't withstand forever. Do we know what's behind door #2 in Room 11?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#79 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Color me wrong about those potions. :oops: Regardless, I think we should continue searching this level and hope for the best.

I think that we have seen enough evidence in here now that any non cultist is going to believe that we didn't set this all up. If this isn't enough evidence to prove that the priests were involved, I don't know what is. :shock:

If we have enough time to search this floor before the mob gets up here, perhaps we can lure them into a spot where we can trap them up here? Or at least lead them into an area that will allow us to get back out of here?

That might be better than having to fight the whole group, killing more possibly charmed innocents.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Zhym »

I agree we should continue exploring this level. If we need a way out, maybe we can smash a window and escape that way.

Besides, Grothnak is set on rescuing whoever the woman who was supposed to be a sacrifice.

Return to “The Horror at Briarsgate (1e)”