It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:24 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13885
Location: Packerland
Bo is not overly surprised at the paladins brash move.

"We can't expect to fool anyone now that we've been discovered. I'm not going deeper into this place in the shape we are all in. That would be suicide! Let's get the hell out of here while we still can!"

Bo gets ready to leave through the window, hoping the others will come to their senses as well. He peers out to see if the old woman is their only obstacle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:44 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2542
Zhym wrote:
"The tunnels under the Golden Grain Inn led to an exit," says Grothnak. "Dare we hope that these tunnels offer escape?"
"I found a map!..." says Telkis, when the window suddenly breaks. He looks around at the rag-tag group. Where would they run out there? The villagers have dogs and would be right on their heels... "I don't think we'd make it, Bo... I vote down the hatch. There's sure to be danger. But connecting to these rooms as it does, this must be an escape route of some sort. At least, that's what my gut says..."

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:25 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8184
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Pelias is incredulous at the suggestion of going below the earth's surface. "You think it's safer to be chased and wander subterranean areas than it is just to be chased? Madness! Yes, the tunnels from the inn led to safety, but we had to fight our way through. As the druid says, we are in no condition for a fight. Besides, we must get Verity to safety. She has endured enough in this foul temple. The only question is whether to make our exit from the front door or the window..."

If he thinks Verity can climb through the window without hurting herself, he will get out first and encourage her to follow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:15 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2542
"I see your point, Pelias. Just a gut feeling, as I said. Whatever we're doing, we should reach a consensus and do it now." says Telkis. He looks down at his stubby legs and for the first time in his life regrets his size. Aside, to Long Bo, he says, quietly, "I'm not a very good sprinter."

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:44 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 pm
Posts: 1697
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Hoom Feethos:

Jumps out the window. "Come I know a good place to go. Away from this cursed town."

_________________
Enoka Farore in "under streets of splendor"
Lieutenant Dr. Ned "Needles" Ryerson, Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier
Hoom Feethos, The Horror at Briarsgate (1e)
Mako, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:11 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:46 am
Posts: 5582
Location: South Jersey
Mouser hesitates but a moment, looking below, thinking it's the best way to go. But he watches to see what the party does. He leaves the trap door open and will follow the majority of the party, whether out the window or down the trap door. Trusting his speed, he won't hurry to be first out. But as he waits for the others to get out, he quickly, and cursorily, checks for anything of value in this room that might make the trip out of the room with him.

_________________
Rule 3 ǝןnɹ ɹǝqɯǝɯǝɹ 3! :D
Alethan as Till wrote:
I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius wrote:
That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon wrote:
The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308 wrote:
...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:46 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 15167
"Go," says Grothnak to Hoom, his voice dripping with contempt. "Save yourself. Leave these people to their doom." He turns to the others. "If you would save these people—if you would do what we came here to do—come with me. If you would save your own skin, follow the flower-blood coward." With that, he climbs down the trap door.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:00 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 pm
Posts: 1032
Urdur Shimmerstone, gnome illusionist
Urdur shudders when he hears the old woman's shriek. "Our only chance at misdirection now lies deeper in this forsaken place." With that, he follows Grothnak down into the darkness.

_________________
I'm not gonna cook it but I'll order it from Zanzibar.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:13 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2542
Telkis' eyes nearly roll out of his head at Grothnak's sanctimonious outburst. "He's only taking what he thinks the best way for us all to escape. And I wouldn't call running out there cowardice, since I believe it is almost certain death..." With that he also climbs down through the trapdoor into, as he believes, only slightly less certain death.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:13 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 15167
Grothnak, shamed, pauses and nods. He realizes that no one has asked Verity whether she would run, doubtless to be pursued, or hide, perhaps to be found. It may be too late for that now, however.

"Good luck," he says to those fleeing through the window. "Protect Verity," he adds if she decides to go with them. "Meet at the mill* if we survive."

With that, the half-orc descends.

* Unless someone can think of a better rendezvous point?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:23 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8184
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Pelias looks at the map Telkis found. "Listen. Why would this map point to a location away from the town? Perhaps the source of this evil is in the Rushmoors! If so, we have nothing to gain by going below. The dogs can follow our scent there too."

He turns to Verity. "Do you know where the source of this evil lies? Is it under this church? Is it elsewhere?"

Pelias' face is weary from exertion, and he sees the same in others. "Look - the dogs and men are above us. We can get a very long head start on them. Drop some oil at the bottom of the stairs we descended, and they'll have to go all the way around and come back down."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:25 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9643
Location: 1977
Verity Clayborne:

Image

Eager to flee her hellish prison, Verity moves toward the broken stained glass window. She begs the arguing men, "Please. If you divide, how can you trust one another when you regroup?"

Pelias asks her: "Do you know where the source of this evil lies? Is it under this church? Is it elsewhere?"

"All wealth in Briarsgate goes south... for the Dark Mother..." Verity repeats distantly.

_________________


Last edited by Inferno on Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:31 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8184
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
"Let's go with Hoom! We can trust the hermit to look after Verity and regroup outside of town. If you really want to help this town, brothers and sisters in arms, we must go south. In this town live sheep - we must strike the shepherd!"

Pelias exits via window.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:50 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2542
Telkis pauses on his way to the trap door, listening to Verity, then looks at his map, conflicted. "I hate to split the groups, dear, and the source may indeed lie south, but that doesn't mean the window is the best exit from this situation. They clearly have villagers posted outside, surrounding this place. We wouldn't make it far..." And with that he descends.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:26 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:21 am
Posts: 2660
Location: Long Beach, CA
Avril, torn between her two choices, finally decides to exit through the window as well. She's tired of dying below this terrible church and want's to get out. We'll meet you at the mill she says to the others who are choosing to stay behind.

_________________
"Eternal nothingness is O.K. if you're dressed for it."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:34 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13885
Location: Packerland
Sure, I can muddle this up some more... :D

Still only seeing one old woman in his way, Bo will not descend the stairs deeper into this place.

"Go where you will if you are afraid to run, but I am getting this poor girl to safety before doing anything else. We must listen to those who can help us."

With that, he exits the window and tries to help Verity out if he can. He will bit**slap the old woman if she tries to interfere.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:06 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9643
Location: 1977
The tales of terror continue in...

Chapter 10: Blessings of the Church of Horror ...(Grothnak, Telkis, Urdur)

Chapter 11: The Village of the Bodysnatchers ...(Avril, Bo, Hoom, Ingrid, Mouser, Pelias, Verity)

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group