It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:11 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 pm
Posts: 1697
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Hoom Feethos:

"I knocked on the small cottage at the end of the road when I first arrived in town. A local farmer's wife pointed it out to me. She wanted to know if more of my kind were coming to the village. 'Not exactly joiners, are they?' she said to me. I went to the door and knocked and knocked. No one was home or answered. They cared not to care for their Eildon plant. Bo you saw it didn't you? The dead Eildon plant. The heavy curtains in the windows blocked any view of the inside. The farmer's wife mentioned people leaving, perhaps they left. I know the man I can to see fled."

_________________
Enoka Farore in "under streets of splendor"
Lieutenant Dr. Ned "Needles" Ryerson, Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier
Hoom Feethos, The Horror at Briarsgate (1e)
Mako, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:54 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:30 am
Posts: 9207
Location: ImagiNation
"Aye, the tunnel," says Mouser.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:22 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8184
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
"Yes. Let us rid those tunnels of the evil that dwells beneath. I fear anyone in the town will be of little use, since we cannot trust them. Avril, let us visit your kin once we've explored these tunnels" suggests Pelias.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:29 am 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11308
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Avril's normally unexpressive visage momentarily turns dour upon hearing Hoom's report of the Eildon plant. She quickly removes any hint of disappointment or displeasure and turns to Ingrid, "I find it unlikely that someone of pure elven blood could be so easily manipulated, but it is possible," she admits calmly. To the group at large: "I haven't seen my father and uncle in 42 years and 15 days. The inn, I agree, should be made the priority," she states in her normal, decisive manner.

_________________
.
DM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:47 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:29 am
Posts: 1223
Ingrid Esthof, cleric

Ingrid listens to Avril's confession with compassion and respect. Then she nods and raises her mace.
"Let's move. Hoom, Mouser, lead us the way you think best, sticking close to the riverbank."

_________________
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:02 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 pm
Posts: 1697
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Hoom Feethos:

Hoom will lead the way south through the trees to the river and then to the inn using the same route he used earlier.

_________________
Enoka Farore in "under streets of splendor"
Lieutenant Dr. Ned "Needles" Ryerson, Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier
Hoom Feethos, The Horror at Briarsgate (1e)
Mako, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:02 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9660
Location: 1977
Village of Briarsgate, the Hovel of the Hermit (27*).
Between 10 and 11pm, Thursday, October 20th, 576 CY. Day Five.
Full moon, partly cloudy, damp, cold, misty.



Image


From a crack in his curtains, the strange old hermit watches the scouts return and brief the rest of the adventurers. After a short discussion, Hoom leads the group south through the mist and shadow of the dark grove.

Image

They hear the stream before they meet it and turn east along its bank toward the old Covered Bridge (between 4 and 25*).

Attachment:
bridge.jpg
bridge.jpg [ 393.89 KiB | Viewed 313 times ]

Finding it dark and empty, the adventurers swiftly cross the creaking, old boards of the covered bridge that serves as a great wooden tube to amplify any noises within it.

Then they dart 20 feet southeast to take cover at the back of the unlit stable (X) behind the Golden Grain Inn (6). Within the stable, a horse snorts and stamps nervously at their arrival; a horse that wasn't present when last they sought refuge here after escaping the iron cages of the dungeon beneath the inn.

Attachment:
Golden Grain Inn Area Map.jpg
Golden Grain Inn Area Map.jpg [ 224.73 KiB | Viewed 313 times ]

They peer around the northwest corner of the stable (X) and look south toward the the back of the Inn. Visibility is 100 feet and, in the ghostly luster of moonlit fog, their imaginations conjure phantom shapes...

Attachment:
phantoms.jpg
phantoms.jpg [ 411.34 KiB | Viewed 313 times ]

...that vanish upon closer inspection. The town is as dark and still as the grave. So is The Golden Grain Inn (6), that horrific house of madness and mayhem that now betrays no sign of the heinous acts committed there only one night ago, that still loom large in the memories of the heroes:

      Attachment:
      Golden Grain Inn 8a.jpg
      Golden Grain Inn 8a.jpg [ 336.84 KiB | Viewed 313 times ]
      Attachment:
      Golden Grain Inn Cellar 3a.jpg
      Golden Grain Inn Cellar 3a.jpg [ 204.22 KiB | Viewed 313 times ]


Actions?


Image


Status:
Avril Hollysword, Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric 1/1: AC 7, HP 9/9, Spells: 2/3 1st lvl
Grey Mouser, Half-Elf Magic-User/Thief 1/2: AC 4, HP 10/10, Spells: 1/1 1st lvl
Grothnak Uthglukh, Half-Orc Fighter 2: AC 4, HP 16/17
Hoom Feethos, Elven Magic-User/Thief 1/2: AC 3, HP 7/8, Spells: 0/1 1st lvl
Ingrid Esthof, Human Cleric 3: AC 3(1), HP 14/16, Spells: 2/4 1st lvl and 3/3 2nd lvl
Long Bo, Human Druid 2: AC 6, HP 12/15, Spells: 2/4 1st lvl and 2/2 2nd lvl
Pelias Blanchflower, Human Paladin 2: AC 2(0), HP 16/19, Laying Hands: 0/1
Telkis Brassfang, Gnome Fighter 2: AC 0, HP 18/19

Magic:
Protection from Evil (Pelias): -2 to AC and +2 to saving throws against evil, in a 10 foot radius around Pelias.


*Map of Briarsgate
NPC List for Briarsgate

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:32 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11308
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Avril continues to appear calm and collected despite the errie surroundings. Not daring to speak, she communicates her deferral of action to her more familiar companions.

_________________
.
DM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:48 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 pm
Posts: 1697
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Hoom Feethos:

"We can enter through the inn keepers bedroom window so we don't have to use the street. There was a trap door in the floor of that bedroom. It leads to the dungeon cells below. The window should be still unlocked."

_________________
Enoka Farore in "under streets of splendor"
Lieutenant Dr. Ned "Needles" Ryerson, Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier
Hoom Feethos, The Horror at Briarsgate (1e)
Mako, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:19 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2543
"Ahem...I'll need a boost. But I'm happy to be the first inside," says Telkis.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:56 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:29 am
Posts: 1223
Ingrid Esthof, cleric

There is also an entrance from the back to the room adjacent to the inkeeper's cell!

"Let's go," Ingrid says and enters the place of her former captivity with a mix of curiosity and dread.

_________________
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:04 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13893
Location: Packerland
Bo follows along with his comrades, giving a boost where needed.

He tries to stay near to one of the warriors in case the lot of deranged villagers has been reassembled inside.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:39 am 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11308
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Avril will silently follow the rest of the group with whichever manner of entry they deem the most prudent. She is willing to accept whichever position in the order of entry she finds herself in, but won't hesitate to be amongst the first to enter if allowed.

_________________
.
DM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:45 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 15174
Grothnak likewise cooperates fully with the plan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:03 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8184
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
"I will happily lead the course our scouts have deemed best. But if it's sixes and half-dozens I prefer to avoid entering through the window as a common burglar would" remarks Pelias, quietly for once.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:22 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:30 am
Posts: 9207
Location: ImagiNation
Grey Mouser first listens for noises, then peers in to see if anyone is in the bedroom. If clear, he gently tries the window to see if it is still open.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:35 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9660
Location: 1977
The Golden Grain Inn (6*), Village of Briarsgate.
Between 10 and 11pm, Thursday, October 20th, 576 CY. Day Five.
Full moon, partly cloudy, damp, cold, misty.



Image

Image

The murder of crows are circling overhead in an unintended omen of certain doom as the adventurers quietly approach the inn of the damned. At peril of their lives and their souls, they seek a way back into the very macabre madhouse they had just recently escaped with their lives.

Attachment:
Golden Grain Inn.jpg
Golden Grain Inn.jpg [ 183.23 KiB | Viewed 279 times ]

The windows on the back of the inn are curtained and unlit. The demihumans' infravision detects that the interior of the inn is warmer than its exterior; it's likely there are, or recently were, people inside it. More evidence is the sickly smokeplume slowly emanating from a soot-stained chimney, signalling a dying fire below.

The group quietly moves east and south around the stable, across the damp ground, to the window of Bertram Beswill's bedroom (at X).

Attachment:
Golden Grain Inn Area.jpg
Golden Grain Inn Area.jpg [ 127.81 KiB | Viewed 279 times ]
Attachment:
Return to the Golden Grain Inn.jpg
Return to the Golden Grain Inn.jpg [ 311.86 KiB | Viewed 279 times ]

Hoom and Mouser find the window locked tight. Mouser listens at it and hears nothing. The nearby door, that also leads into the dead innkeeper's bedroom, is likewise locked. But the group can remember all too well that which lies within:

Image

Image

Image

Attachment:
he glares at you all with burning, hateful eyes.jpg
he glares at you all with burning, hateful eyes.jpg [ 59.3 KiB | Viewed 277 times ]
Attachment:
perfect mask of hatred as he roars.jpg
perfect mask of hatred as he roars.jpg [ 77.8 KiB | Viewed 277 times ]


Actions? and please read this.


Image


Status:
Avril Hollysword, Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric 1/1: AC 7, HP 9/9, Spells: 2/3 1st lvl
Grey Mouser, Half-Elf Magic-User/Thief 1/2: AC 4, HP 10/10, Spells: 1/1 1st lvl
Grothnak Uthglukh, Half-Orc Fighter 2: AC 4, HP 16/17
Hoom Feethos, Elven Magic-User/Thief 1/2: AC 3, HP 7/8, Spells: 0/1 1st lvl
Ingrid Esthof, Human Cleric 3: AC 3(1), HP 14/16, Spells: 2/4 1st lvl and 3/3 2nd lvl
Long Bo, Human Druid 2: AC 6, HP 12/15, Spells: 2/4 1st lvl and 2/2 2nd lvl
Pelias Blanchflower, Human Paladin 2: AC 2(0), HP 16/19, Laying Hands: 0/1
Telkis Brassfang, Gnome Fighter 2: AC 0, HP 18/19

Magic:
Protection from Evil (Pelias): -2 to AC and +2 to saving throws against evil, in a 10 foot radius around Pelias.


*Map of Briarsgate
NPC List for Briarsgate

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:32 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 pm
Posts: 1697
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Hoom Feethos:

"Looks like someone has been here. The window has been locked."
Hoom reaches into his pack and removes his special window opening tools. He carefully maneuvers the tool in an attempt to unlock the window.


_________________
Enoka Farore in "under streets of splendor"
Lieutenant Dr. Ned "Needles" Ryerson, Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier
Hoom Feethos, The Horror at Briarsgate (1e)
Mako, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:27 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:30 am
Posts: 9207
Location: ImagiNation
DadsAngry wrote:
Hoom Feethos:

"Looks like someone has been here. The window has been locked."
Hoom reaches into his pack and removes his special window opening tools. He carefully maneuvers the tool in an attempt to unlock the window.



"From the heat inside the main room, I suspect there are people within," whispers Grey Mouser. "The group will need to be quiet."

If Hoom doesn't succeed, Grey Mouser offers to try using Hoom's tools.

Pick Lock window tool [1d100] = 11

Does anyone have a Silence radius spell?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:16 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:29 am
Posts: 1223
Grognardsw wrote:
Does anyone have a Silence radius spell?

Ingrid Esthof, cleric

"If we need complete silence, I can do that..."

If all agree, Ingrid casts Silence, 15', centered on herself.

_________________
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group