It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:54 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2545
Telkis Brassfang, Gnome Warrior

"Grothnak, please, one moment," says Telkis, "I don't know the reason for Hoom's behavior, but as you can see yourself, there is no sign of any struggle having happened here. There must be some explanation. I have a feeling we should talk to this man."
Telkis Brassfang, Wisdom: 8 :D

Turning to Bertram "You must excuse my friend - we are all a bit on edge, for good reason, I assure you. And though some of my friends may choose not to partake," he glances pointedly at the others, "I for one will sit and talk with you. And have that drink, thank you." He'll sit in such a way as to keep the other patrons in his sight and drink very sparingly.
Right about now some Dwarvish poison resistance would've come in handy... :)

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:00 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8184
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
A thought seems to occur to Pelias, and he keeps his eyes peeled on the other patrons and other doorways into places unseen. He replies to Bertram.

"Yes, perhaps we've been too hasty. We'd gladly accept your round of drinks. If you'll have one with us. I myself will have water. Alcohol dulls the senses and clouds devotion to Heironeus."

If Bertram agrees to sit with them:

Pelias will switch Bertram's and Telkis's glasses while Bertram watches. "Old traveler's precaution, you know!"


If Bertram won't sit with them:

"You must understand that we view each other with suspicion. Sharing a table will do much to break through any feelings of reticence, don't you agree?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:05 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 15183
Grothnak does not sit down. He takes a position near the door with his back to the wall and watches wordlessly, Vadok at his side.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:33 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13897
Location: Packerland
Bo brushes off the cold wind as he renters the inn. He shakes his head at the others, indicating that he has found no sign of Hoom anywhere outside. He struts his tall frame right back up to Bertram.

Did you tell your secrets yet innkeeper? I have one more question for you if I may. This elven friend of ours that was mentioned, you spoke with him as well didn't you? Or, do you prefer to continue to pretend that you don't know anything about this?

Bo does not act aggressively towards Bertram or any of the others inside. After hearing his answers, Bo moves to the bar area, getting closer to the barrels of ale stored behind the bar. He tries to ascertain if the brews were made locally or if they were imported from elsewhere. He looks them over to see if there are any visible markings on them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:03 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9663
Location: 1977
The story continues in: Chapter 4: Inn of the Damned.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group