Chapter 3a: The Forsaken Village

Inferno
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 3a: The Forsaken Village

#141 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Telkis Brassfang, Gnome Warrior

"Grothnak, please, one moment," says Telkis, "I don't know the reason for Hoom's behavior, but as you can see yourself, there is no sign of any struggle having happened here. There must be some explanation. I have a feeling we should talk to this man."
Telkis Brassfang, Wisdom: 8 :D
Turning to Bertram "You must excuse my friend - we are all a bit on edge, for good reason, I assure you. And though some of my friends may choose not to partake," he glances pointedly at the others, "I for one will sit and talk with you. And have that drink, thank you." He'll sit in such a way as to keep the other patrons in his sight and drink very sparingly.
Right about now some Dwarvish poison resistance would've come in handy... :)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by AleBelly »

A thought seems to occur to Pelias, and he keeps his eyes peeled on the other patrons and other doorways into places unseen. He replies to Bertram.

"Yes, perhaps we've been too hasty. We'd gladly accept your round of drinks. If you'll have one with us. I myself will have water. Alcohol dulls the senses and clouds devotion to Heironeus."

If Bertram agrees to sit with them:
Pelias will switch Bertram's and Telkis's glasses while Bertram watches. "Old traveler's precaution, you know!"
If Bertram won't sit with them:
"You must understand that we view each other with suspicion. Sharing a table will do much to break through any feelings of reticence, don't you agree?"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by Zhym »

Grothnak does not sit down. He takes a position near the door with his back to the wall and watches wordlessly, Vadok at his side.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#144 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bo brushes off the cold wind as he renters the inn. He shakes his head at the others, indicating that he has found no sign of Hoom anywhere outside. He struts his tall frame right back up to Bertram.

Did you tell your secrets yet innkeeper? I have one more question for you if I may. This elven friend of ours that was mentioned, you spoke with him as well didn't you? Or, do you prefer to continue to pretend that you don't know anything about this?

Bo does not act aggressively towards Bertram or any of the others inside. After hearing his answers, Bo moves to the bar area, getting closer to the barrels of ale stored behind the bar. He tries to ascertain if the brews were made locally or if they were imported from elsewhere. He looks them over to see if there are any visible markings on them.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by Inferno »

The story continues in: Chapter 4: Inn of the Damned.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun