It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:25 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2543
Inferno wrote:
I'll roll the Wall's saving throws. Chubby, a higher number for Crushing Blow (13) vs. Normal Blow (6), means its harder for the wall to survive the crushing blow. It must roll a 13 or higher to survive a crushing blow, whereas for a normal blow it only needs to roll a 6 or higher to survive. :)
Yes, that is correct. I was... ah... testing you. :) :oops: (I got very little sleep last night. Plus, I'm not super smart... :) )

Oh, and Telkis hands his handaxe to whomever needs it. The handaxe's name is Bert, if you're asking.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:02 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9660
Location: 1977
Hi,
I’m visiting family for Thanksgiving and may not be able to post. I'll be back on Monday, November 30.

As you plan your next steps, these useful Player Resources (available to all PCs) might prove helpful:



Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:01 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2543
Did we determine that the other elves that were in town in that little house are gone? I can't remember. Though I'm not sure how we're going to interact with anyone in this town, since clearly anyone we speak to will instantly become a target.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:49 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9660
Location: 1977
Dang.
I was hoping for the windmill. I had the perfect clip for it all ready to go:

Image

;)

Zhym: Dave is usually pretty quiet on the weekends so, in the interest of progress, I'll speak on his behalf:
On the road from Shiboleth, Avril saw an abandoned farmhouse a few miles outside of Briarsgate, its crops left unharvested. It is a wooden structure, though. To get there, you would simply take the nearby Hookhill Road east.

OM and Pixie: Fyi, it's about 3:00am right now. Also, Sephus is shaken up, but fine.

Pixie: Hoom knocked on the door of the Elves' darkened cottage but no one answered. Hoom mentioned (in regards to trusting Avril) that Elves are resistant to Charm spells.
Bert... Nice!

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:40 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13893
Location: Packerland
Awesome!

Was that a pic from the module? :lol:

Bo is actually OK with whatever the group decides for a place to hide and rest. He would like to check out the possible druids grove sometime though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:14 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:29 am
Posts: 1223
Nice windmill gif! It's from one of the Frankenstein movies, right?

I don't like the idea of going to the temple or any other place in town. :?

_________________
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:34 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11307
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Inferno wrote:
Zhym: Dave is usually pretty quiet on the weekends so, in the interest of progress, I'll speak on his behalf:
On the road from Shiboleth, Avril saw an abandoned farmhouse a few miles outside of Briarsgate, its crops left unharvested. It is a wooden structure, though. To get there, you would simply take the nearby Hookhill Road east.
What Inferno said.

It's wooden, but it is an option, especially since it is located outside the town's borders.

_________________
.
DM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:28 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2543
dmw71 wrote:
Inferno wrote:
Zhym: Dave is usually pretty quiet on the weekends so, in the interest of progress, I'll speak on his behalf:
On the road from Shiboleth, Avril saw an abandoned farmhouse a few miles outside of Briarsgate, its crops left unharvested. It is a wooden structure, though. To get there, you would simply take the nearby Hookhill Road east.
What Inferno said.

It's wooden, but it is an option, especially since it is located outside the town's borders.

I'm not necessarily opposed to this plan, but what would stop them from following us? I thought surely under the cover of darkness and that storm we'd get to the barn unnoticed. The lightning was gone, so it's not like we were being lit up. They are clearly able to see in the dark somehow. (Infraviiiisioon???!! :) )

Do we have enough strength betwixt us to "take over" this end of town? Just a thought. We could even turn the tables and burn all the structures down but one (and burn the cornfield) flush them out, then keep a good watch at all times. This is either a very good plan, or a very, very not good plan :) . I can't tell which. Part of the reason I'm so stumped is that before, I was operating under the assumption that this was going to be movie-like, with us as the heroes - as long as we came up with a reasonable plan (like going into hiding when visibility was only 10') it would somehow work. Now I feel like, no matter what path we choose, there's some reason why it's dumb of us to think it would work. Frankly I have no clue what it is we should do next. We can't just fight our way out of this, and we can't talk to anyone... :? :| :cry: <-----(Gnome tears)

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:37 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9660
Location: 1977
Hi
Pixie: Trail rations wouldn't work as a motivator with those fat, happy field mice. Telkis now tries guilt and an appeal to their own survival. Please write IC what Telkis says to the little rascals in Chapter 5, and roll a 3d6 Save vs. Telkis' Charisma. Thanks.

OM: Please Save vs Charisma on 3d6 to see how effective Bo's 'Speak With Animals' spell is in affecting the nearby kin of Sephus the crow. Thanks.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:35 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11307
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Regarding this, I don't mean for Avril to decide for the group as a whole, and she's speaking strictly for herself. Without a concrete alternate plan in place, it is the best course of action she could think of, and she is a confident, decisive character.

Feel free to follow her, or not. Avril intends on returning to town the next day (assuming she survives, of course).

_________________
.
DM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:31 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:29 am
Posts: 1223
Avril's course of action is feasible. Let's all move together. Bo should postpone the visit to the (hypothetical) druid.

_________________
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:27 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:29 am
Posts: 1223
ChubbyPixie wrote:
He holds out his pinky for the common "fist-bump" gesture mice use to seal agreements.

Awwwwww!

Telkis should meet a sengi / elephant shrew!!

Image

Image

_________________
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:59 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2543
Whoa! Who needs a Monster Manual when there are real creatures like that? :)

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:01 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:29 am
Posts: 1223
Say what?

Image

Image

_________________
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:26 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13893
Location: Packerland
Headed back down to the Caribbean for the holiday so if my posting is a little spotty for the next ten days, you'll know why.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone! (in the states anyway) :D

I'm thankful for jerk chicken and Red Stripe. Ya mon! :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:50 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9660
Location: 1977
OOC:
Hey, I'm back. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

No one has seen fang marks upon any neck they've encountered in Briarsgate.

Ogre and Fulci: Yes, the windmill gif is from the last scene in the original Frankenstein movie, when our poor, doomed hero is attacked by a bloodthirsty mob of villagers with torches and pitchforks. Seems apropos. ;)

Fulci: Re: the sengi monsters: The horror! The horror!

Pixie: Yeah, that was a first level Sir Ugghra. That big jackass is pretty hard to miss. :)

Ogre: Your actions re: Sephus are feasible.
Ruleswise, Animal Friendship allows you to teach Sephus 3 simple tricks. This would have happened before you came to Briarsgate, so please list them in the Notes section of your sheet. "Stand watch and see who is coming and going" is one. "Yell if we're about to be surprise attacked" is another, etc.
But I don't think "enlist an army of your friends" qualifies as a simple trick. Fortunately it's covered under Speak With Animals, which you just cast, quoted here (emphasis mine):
    Quote:
    If the animal is neutral... there is a possibility that the animal, and its like associates, will do some favour or service for the cleric. This possibility will be determined by the referee by... using the charisma of the cleric and his actions as the major determinants.
That was the Charisma save you PM'ed me, which you made by 8. So you get 8 crows, plus Sephus, who will follow the party in this one service.

Pixie: Telkis' ability to speak with burrowing mammals was treated similarly to Bo and Sephus (above) for Telkis' request. Speaking of burrowing mammals... to paraphrase Bugs Bunny: That's my soft spot. Gnomes crying. ;)

Thanks, everyone.

Also, sorry for the length of my posts today!

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:23 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:29 am
Posts: 1223
I'm awfully busy these days! I'll post on Wednesday. Sorry for the delay!

In the meanwhile, feel free to move along the game / resting,
I think Ingrid will only want to discuss the matter of Beswill's Hookhill inn after some rest.

_________________
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:36 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9660
Location: 1977
Zhym wrote:
I assume the rest of us can't understand Sephus's plea?

Correct.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:41 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13893
Location: Packerland
Quote:
Ogre: Your actions re: Sephus are feasible.
Ruleswise, Animal Friendship allows you to teach Sephus 3 simple tricks. This would have happened before you came to Briarsgate, so please list them in the Notes section of your sheet. "Stand watch and see who is coming and going" is one. "Yell if we're about to be surprise attacked" is another, etc.


Yes, we discussed this once already. I already have them listed in my notes.

Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:21 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9660
Location: 1977
Not the third one, "Warn the party by cawing if you see danger approaching it." :)

How's the beach?

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group