Isle of the sun

Rhourk
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Isle of the sun

#21 Post by Rhourk »

KitzGreywood wrote: "Does this aspect in the cave have a chosen form or a name in history? We will be in the heart of deceit by then, there may be many that would try to impersonate it if they saw the search through our minds."
"Names are so important to your kind. I was asked earlier for the true names of the the three rulers in Hell that vexed me so. They are Asmodeus, Beelzebub and Azazel. They were the second, third and fourth of The Fallen. Azazel commands the armies that have crossed to earth, but the other two remain in Hell. You should avoid them, though I imagine they will be quite cross when you destroy the gate. When you see them, it is important to me that you tell them that Lucifer sends his regards. Another aspect, I know it's dizzying, but you are keeping up so well.

As to the one in the cave you will know him as the son of Laufey, father of Fenris, Hel and Jormungand. For he is Loki, Lord of Mischief. Though really, he is quite misunderstood, and a thoughtful fellow at heart. His powers will be greatly diminished in Hell. But still he is always formidible, and has useful knowledge for you."

KitzGreywood
Squire
Squire

#22 Post by KitzGreywood »

Kitz Nods taking it all in looking back and forth filing away the odd names for later.
"Of course when we see the devil lords...i wont forget i promise, lucifer sends his regards"

At the mention of Loki Kitz slightly jumps and nods in great agreement.
"yes, yes i see why we should be on our claws. The legends speak of simple pranks that end nations from that one...Wow! yeah we'll surely get some form of deal before we help him in any way...hmm...misunderstood...ok i'll try to keep an open mind when we see him."

at that Kitz nods and thanks the morning star for the insight. As he starts to turn away and walk away he turns back and looks back up to the morning star with a sly fox grin.
"Well this little ant has some preparations to do for his trip so could you by chance point me in the direction of where i could find some rare gemstones...I can already tell i gonna need them for this trip...i can already tell that the magic of life is gonna be a costly venture in hell. Oh and if your still offering a trinket to take with us to the inferno. I could use a potent way protect the ones i'm guiding or to help keep myself out of reach or protected. Those devils aren't gonna be fooled by the ears and tail for long before i become a fuzzy bulls-eye for a future fur coat down there. As much as it bothers me, the best way for me to protect my friends i think will be to find a way to be protected from attack myself."

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#23 Post by Rhourk »

KitzGreywood wrote:Oh and if your still offering a trinket to take with us to the inferno. I could use a potent way protect the ones i'm guiding or to help keep myself out of reach or protected. Those devils aren't gonna be fooled by the ears and tail for long before i become a fuzzy bulls-eye for a future fur coat down there. As much as it bothers me, the best way for me to protect my friends i think will be to find a way to be protected from attack myself."
You are given a Collar of Displacement. Page 158 DMG.

KitzGreywood
Squire
Squire

#24 Post by KitzGreywood »

Before the 7th day Kitz casts commune to find out the names and abilities of odins gaurds that fought us defending the eye. especially that priest of thor.

KitzGreywood
Squire
Squire

#25 Post by KitzGreywood »

kitz also tries to find out if anyone nearby can craft gemmed bowls.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by Agnati »

KitzGreywood wrote:Before the 7th day Kitz casts commune to find out the names and abilities of odins gaurds that fought us defending the eye. especially that priest of thor.
Lycia utters under her breath "Based on our previous encounter, I wouldn't think they'd be very high up that food chain"
then she finds a tree and knocks on wood.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

KitzGreywood
Squire
Squire

#27 Post by KitzGreywood »

"well Lycia perhaps not... and thats even more reason. We may have robbed some of them of the glory they wished. I plan to make sure that they are given a chance to again battle for glory if they so choose...only this time they will have a devoted healer." He gives a single matter-of-fact nod and smiles with pride as he casts.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#28 Post by Agnati »

KitzGreywood wrote:"well Lycia perhaps not... and thats even more reason. We may have robbed some of them of the glory they wished. I plan to make sure that they are given a chance to again battle for glory if they so choose...only this time they will have a devoted healer." He gives a single matter-of-fact nod and smiles with pride as he casts.
Wow. Way to take a smart ass comment and turn it into an absolute epic RP moment! hahahaha Well done, sir. I've got nothin. ;)

KitzGreywood
Squire
Squire

#29 Post by KitzGreywood »

"blades , spells, and wit are only the tools of faith, devotion, and pride"

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#30 Post by Tungsten »

Zildjian graciously accepts Morning Star's offer to imbue one of his weapons with the power of the Morning Sun. He tells Morning Star that he would be honored to wield a power granted by one so Powerful and Wise. He bows as he presents his Shining Scimitar to him.

Zildjian also asks Morning Star if he knows anything about the Magical Statue (we have been totting around forever and someone did not add to the Magical Items List). Z takes the Statue out of the Haversack and explains that they possess the command word for it, but are not sure what it will do when activated. Thoughts?

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#31 Post by Agnati »

Tungsten wrote:Zildjian also asks Morning Star if he knows anything about the Magical Statue (we have been totting around forever and someone did not add to the Magical Items List). Z takes the Statue out of the Haversack and explains that they possess the command word for it, but are not sure what it will do when activated. Thoughts?
I thought about that Gungir statue last night. Meant to ask the same thing. Thanks for remembering!
Depending on how things go... with what little we know of it currently, it could be our saving grace once we leave through and close the portal... and are faced with the rear flanks of a demon army!

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by Rhourk »

Tungsten wrote:Zildjian graciously accepts Morning Star's offer to imbue one of his weapons with the power of the Morning Sun. He tells Morning Star that he would be honored to wield a power granted by one so Powerful and Wise. He bows as he presents his Shining Scimitar to him.

Zildjian also asks Morning Star if he knows anything about the Magical Statue (we have been totting around forever and someone did not add to the Magical Items List). Z takes the Statue out of the Haversack and explains that they possess the command word for it, but are not sure what it will do when activated. Thoughts?
DM: What are the properties of the Scimitar now?

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#33 Post by Rhourk »

Agnati wrote:
Tungsten wrote:Zildjian also asks Morning Star if he knows anything about the Magical Statue (we have been totting around forever and someone did not add to the Magical Items List). Z takes the Statue out of the Haversack and explains that they possess the command word for it, but are not sure what it will do when activated. Thoughts?
I thought about that Gungir statue last night. Meant to ask the same thing. Thanks for remembering!
Depending on how things go... with what little we know of it currently, it could be our saving grace once we leave through and close the portal... and are faced with the rear flanks of a demon army!
"Your guide will have knowledge of that item"

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#34 Post by Agnati »

Rhourk wrote:
Tungsten wrote:Zildjian graciously accepts Morning Star's offer to imbue one of his weapons with the power of the Morning Sun. He tells Morning Star that he would be honored to wield a power granted by one so Powerful and Wise. He bows as he presents his Shining Scimitar to him.

+2 scimitar, both ToHit & Dmg

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by Rhourk »

Agnati wrote:
Rhourk wrote:

+2 scimitar, both ToHit & Dmg
The blade gives off a brilliant radiance, and you nearly drop it in your surprise. The glow fades but remains greater than it was before.

+3 hit and damage, +additional 2-12 radiant to fiends, undead or those otherwise affiliated with the lower planes. On a natural 20 it automatically does a radiant blast of 10-60 to the target, in addition to normal crit rolls.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#36 Post by Rhourk »

KitzGreywood wrote:Before the 7th day Kitz casts commune to find out the names and abilities of odins gaurds that fought us defending the eye. especially that priest of thor.
Skorn Skyhammer - 9th level priest of Thor.

Ivar the Proud - 9th level warrior

Ulfred the Brave - 9th level barbarian

Magnus Tempest Born - You get no reading, but he was the blue robed one that you all jumped on early to keep from casting ( a good call).

In your communion you learn that you fought the imprisoned "shades" of these Einherjar, not the beings themselves. They are exiled by the magics of Xaltuton that bound their shades to the chamber of the eye, denied their rightful place in Valhalla.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#37 Post by Agnati »

Rhourk wrote:
The blade gives off a brilliant radiance, and you nearly drop it in your surprise. The glow fades but remains greater than it was before.

+3 hit and damage, +additional 2-12 radiant to fiends, undead or those otherwise affiliated with the lower planes. On a natural 20 it automatically does a radiant blast of 10-60 to the target, in addition to normal crit rolls.
This fine weapon has been added to the bookkeeping sheet & the existing weapon, modified.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by Tungsten »

SWEET!!! :)

KitzGreywood
Squire
Squire

#39 Post by KitzGreywood »

Upon learning more of the story of these lost and ancient warriors, Kitz would use his last day and ask the others to wait a 'day' or two more (since time seems to be a variable here) so that he can make use of his newest powers and this new knowledge. He would first use a commune spell to contact each of the Einherjar. During this Communions he would offer them a chance to fight again for the glory of the mortal world. This time however it would be their choice and with no dark wizards to bind them to a staged battle. A battle where victory is not the same as defeat ending in prolonged imprisonment. A battle against the Devils. In this offer he offers to them whether or not they help us now to aid them in returning to the mortal world whenever they so wish, whether to tie up loose ends, or to look in on loved ones or descendants, or even to have a drink in a favorite spot from their lives. He then asks them if they would join us on the crusade we now embark upon and if so what would they ask of him in return.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by Rhourk »

KitzGreywood wrote:Upon learning more of the story of these lost and ancient warriors, Kitz would use his last day and ask the others to wait a 'day' or two more (since time seems to be a variable here) so that he can make use of his newest powers and this new knowledge. He would first use a commune spell to contact each of the Einherjar. During this Communions he would offer them a chance to fight again for the glory of the mortal world. This time however it would be their choice and with no dark wizards to bind them to a staged battle. A battle where victory is not the same as defeat ending in prolonged imprisonment. A battle against the Devils. In this offer he offers to them whether or not they help us now to aid them in returning to the mortal world whenever they so wish, whether to tie up loose ends, or to look in on loved ones or descendants, or even to have a drink in a favorite spot from their lives. He then asks them if they would join us on the crusade we now embark upon and if so what would they ask of him in return.
You cast your spell, pulling deeply from the wellspring of power that is the World Tree. You focus on Skorn Skyhammer a fellow priest. You immediately feel the pull of his spirit. You feel his longing for release, yes he would battle all the Demons of Hell to enter Valhalla (ironically, to wait there until called upon to fight them again at Ragnarok). You delve deeper, strengthening the connection to continue your conversation. You see images of stone tombs on a plane of fire, you see Skorn's face twisted in agony. The fire surrounds you, pain and darkness.

You awaken. Your friends surround you, looking concerned but from far below. You rest in the massive outstretched hand of the Lord of Morning towering over the landscape. You smell burnt fur and every breath tears holes in your seared lungs.

Then the pain fades, and you sit up, whole again.

"Be careful little fox. This is the Convergence, when you touch a place from here, it can touch you back. You are not ready to enter Hell yet. Don't be so hasty."

He sets you down, and you pad away as he strides over mountains to the other side of the island.

Return to “Bloodlines: D&D 5th Ed”