Isle of the sun

Rhourk
Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Isle of the sun

#1 Post by Agnati »

Lycia ponders the offer on the table for a few minutes before responding first.
She looks up at the glowing figure, with reverence.
"I can carry my own weight in battle with some of my fundamental magics, but if you have any way of increasing the quantity of more powerful spells I could cast in a given battle, I feel I could be of much more utilitarian use than strictly offensive."
(i.e. any increase in spell slots? At level 11, I now have all of 3 spell slots)
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Isle of the sun

#2 Post by Tungsten »

I have a spell which I feel will prove very useful to my party given our destination: Protection from Evil. However, it is a concentration spell and I fear losing its powers during battle. Could you possibly give me an Amulet of Protection from Evil? Perhaps one that has an area of effect that could protect my fellow adventurers at my side during battle. This would help us out considerably versus fearful and charming creatures. Additionally I would not have to worry about maintaining concentration and it could potentially free up one of my limited spell slots. Any assistance you could give me would be greatly appreciated, Morningstar.

KitzGreywood
Squire
Squire

#3 Post by KitzGreywood »

During the first day of their stay of the isle, Kitz seems a bit lethargic. He lays on the beach looking at the ocean as if in the deepest of thought. He responds to those who approach him but very briefly and then goes back to watching the waves resting his head on the sand. The day after that and for two additional days Kitz can be seen romping through the forests, digging holes, and chasing food just as a wild fox would do. Assuming there is no sudden calls to arms or that no one hunts him down he doesn't speak at all during these three days. he acts and responds to everyone around him as a very trusting and friendly pet fox would. Aside from a number of dead animals left just outside the currents dwellings of each of the party members, he would not seem to attempt to attempt to interact at all.

On the fifth morning he gathers at the place where everyone eats each day and begins to act normally again. after the morning meal he set out to find the morning star. He wanders the isle calling his name and asking to talk while gathering seeds or bulbs from the prettiest flowers he can find on the isle. He does this all day if he has to. If he does end up finding the morning star then he will approach him and bow his head once before looking up to him with determination and speaking.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Agnati »

"If I may ask one more thing of you.....
We used to have a... uh.... companion... that traveled with us. His camaraderie turned out to be nothing but deception and manipulation, but he stole an item of great power and we are just as unsure of his whereabouts as his intent and his role to play in the forbearing crisis. Are you able to shed any light on the one we called Vis?
"

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Rhourk »

You will hear a great deal from the Lord of the Morning this coming week. But for now:

There seems to no urgency at all on the Isle of the Sun, food and drink is plentiful and many, many sunsets pass on the beach. Your host is easy to find, wandering the island during the day, staring into pools of water, under rocks or in other hidden places. But in the evening he is always on the beach, watching the sunset. It becomes a nightly ritual of your group to take your evening meal there with him, though he never eats. If any concern is voiced Morning Star will assure you that your perception of time in this place is quite different and that it isn't a concern. You have no trouble accepting that. He explains that your bodies will lie in stasis (yeah the dead ones), while you adjust to your new condition, and he will watch over them. While staying in the convergence your shade bodies (the still moving ones) are gathering energy from all the realities across the sum of creation, this will allow you to remain in control of them and grant you free will in Hell, for a time. As time will once again flow as you perceive it once you leave.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Rhourk »

Agnati wrote:Lycia ponders the offer on the table for a few minutes before responding first.
She looks up at the glowing figure, with reverence.
"I can carry my own weight in battle with some of my fundamental magics, but if you have any way of increasing the quantity of more powerful spells I could cast in a given battle, I feel I could be of much more utilitarian use than strictly offensive."
(i.e. any increase in spell slots? At level 11, I now have all of 3 spell slots)
You are given a ring of spell storing, capable of storing 6 levels worth of spell slots.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Rhourk »

Tungsten wrote:I have a spell which I feel will prove very useful to my party given our destination: Protection from Evil. However, it is a concentration spell and I fear losing its powers during battle. Could you possibly give me an Amulet of Protection from Evil? Perhaps one that has an area of effect that could protect my fellow adventurers at my side during battle. This would help us out considerably versus fearful and charming creatures. Additionally I would not have to worry about maintaining concentration and it could potentially free up one of my limited spell slots. Any assistance you could give me would be greatly appreciated, Morningstar.
The best assistance I can give you is knowledge. Do not attempt to cast "lower plane protections" on yourself while in the lower planes. The results would be spectacular, in a self destructive way.

DM note: Damn I was really looking forward to that one. :evil:

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Agnati »

(as of last Thursday night at Fredders)
Aurora thinks hard about the situation before deciding on some better armor. (Currently +1 Chainmail)
Crazy Wolf doesn't even hesitate. Without a word, he presents the fragments of his broken Warshield to the glowing figure.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by Rhourk »

Agnati wrote:"If I may ask one more thing of you.....
We used to have a... uh.... companion... that traveled with us. His camaraderie turned out to be nothing but deception and manipulation, but he stole an item of great power and we are just as unsure of his whereabouts as his intent and his role to play in the forbearing crisis. Are you able to shed any light on the one we called Vis?
"
The Lord of the Morning regards you and speaks:

"The one you call Vis, is reborn as Sur-Oltchak. It fancies itself a God, and by your standards may achieve that stature. Certainly it will be on par with the Asgardians, Hyborians, your young Gods or even Osiris and his ilk. Honestly, the way you throw around the term it's a wonder all of you are not all God's by now." His lip curls, almost sneering as he says the word God, as if he finds it comical. "The Elders, Travelers, Outsiders, Leviathan etc, all great beings, majestic throughout time and space and beyond, terrible and beautiful to behold, but God? No, there is but one, and he and I no longer speak". He trails off for a moment as you try to comprehend, then continues.

"Sur-Oltchak has come to great power and risen to command the other children of Yog-Sothoth, imprisoned beyond time a space. That horror's prison is the key to their plans so far away at the end of all things. For the prison is beyond all things, but has doors back, barred only to Yog-Sothoth or the other Great Old ones. Sur-Oltchak plays a game and the stakes of the game are reality itself, a great blank canvas of a universe. A universe that would know no God but Sur-Oltchak, and never would, Sur-Oltchak would make certain of that, if it succeeds."

"But why worry yourself with that. You can stop his plan right now. Simply fail to stop Xaltotun, the armies of Hell will march across the world and put and end to the threat of Sur-Oltchak before it is ready, and for all time. The world will burn and become a new Hell, but the future, billions of years from now will be spared. All you need to do, is nothing at all."

He stops talking, and you break down and begin to weep.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#10 Post by Rhourk »

Agnati wrote:(as of last Thursday night at Fredders)
Aurora thinks hard about the situation before deciding on some better armor. (Currently +1 Chainmail)
Crazy Wolf doesn't even hesitate. Without a word, he presents the fragments of his broken Warshield to the glowing figure.
Her chainmail is improved to +2.

The shield is repaired, with no trace that it was ever damaged.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Agnati »

Rhourk wrote: "But why worry yourself with that. You can stop his plan right now. Simply fail to stop Xaltotun, the armies of Hell will march across the world and put and end to the threat of Sur-Oltchak before it is ready, and for all time. The world will burn and become a new Hell, but the future, billions of years from now will be spared. All you need to do, is nothing at all."
Almost succeeding at pulling back her tears, she turns to the party
"While our backs may be against a wall here, and I know it's even more of a long shot that it succeed than our current course... but what would you guys think about contacting our old friend, Sur-Oltchak, and trying to pit him against the hordes from Hell, claiming our need of his aid for his own sake, and that of our world? Something tells me that if we're successful in stopping and ridding this plane of Xaltotun now, we'll still need to deal with that traitorous bastard soon thereafter. Perhaps it would aid our cause if we were to thin out his herd in the meantime?
After all. I think we all owe him a visit sooner or later.

Just throwing the idea against the wall to see if it sticks.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by Agnati »

Also, while on this timeless island, Lycia asks her three more physical comrades, Crazy Wolf, Aurora, & Zildjian, if they'll train her with martial weapons (in preparation for possible Weapon Master feat next opportunity). She wants to focus on the use of Longbows, Shortbows, Longswords, & Shortswords. Many many hours will be spent doing this before we carry on with our quest.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#13 Post by Tungsten »

Rhourk wrote:
Tungsten wrote:I have a spell which I feel will prove very useful to my party given our destination: Protection from Evil. However, it is a concentration spell and I fear losing its powers during battle. Could you possibly give me an Amulet of Protection from Evil? Perhaps one that has an area of effect that could protect my fellow adventurers at my side during battle. This would help us out considerably versus fearful and charming creatures. Additionally I would not have to worry about maintaining concentration and it could potentially free up one of my limited spell slots. Any assistance you could give me would be greatly appreciated, Morningstar.
The best assistance I can give you is knowledge. Do not attempt to cast "lower plane protections" on yourself while in the lower planes. The results would be spectacular, in a self destructive way.

DM note: Damn I was really looking forward to that one. :evil:

DAMN!!!

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by Tungsten »

Is there a "Holy" Weapon that I can wield against the minions of Hell? Perhaps one that does Radiant damage. Preferably one that does a lot of damage and requires dexterity to wield.

If not that, perhaps an Amulet of Luck -- along the lines of the Feat.

Thoughts?

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by Agnati »

Rhourk wrote:You are given a ring of spell storing, capable of storing 6 levels worth of spell slots.
Having only a vague idea of the high value of such an item, Lycia is still deeply humbled.
"Lord of the Morning, I appreciate this gift. I will put it to good use."

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by Rhourk »

Tungsten wrote:Is there a "Holy" Weapon that I can wield against the minions of Hell? Perhaps one that does Radiant damage. Preferably one that does a lot of damage and requires dexterity to wield.

If not that, perhaps an Amulet of Luck -- along the lines of the Feat.

Thoughts?
"I can imbue any weapon you possess with the power of the Morning Sun."

KitzGreywood
Squire
Squire

#17 Post by KitzGreywood »

(lol sorry guys i haven't been on here much)

Kitz Finally speaks looking up to the morning star with a determined look after many days of relative silence and thought.

"Well...Sir...i have thought a lot about what you said about the ant, and about your offer to aid us in dealing with this...little uhm...err...'problem' our reality is having at the moment. I understand why you cant just throw your strength at the problem...for you and those out there that may see things like you, i guess your words and your disciplines are probably all that keeps worlds like ours in one piece and making any sense to us at all. So...i know why you cant send a powerful beast like one of those dragons along with us to help us destroy the devils we will face in Helheim. If you did then you would be stepping on that ant...and in the end it would just cause a new line of problems for someone else far removed. To solve the problem you must nudge us in the right direction to set us on the path to stop the problem without making make new ones for others. So in essence...you are like a spirit guide for worlds. If that ant crossed your path you have already stated that you have no reason to step on it...but if...the ant saw a tree above you and chose to climb your form in order to get to the tree. The ant would be forging its own path using only what it knows and sees to attain its goals. I know that we are but ants right now, but i wish to be more...not only for me, but for those i now watch over .You are bound by your word from helping us in certain ways, but you are not the only spirit out there and as spirit guide to this group it is my duty to recognize that which we will need if there is any chance for us to go on after all of this. So i must try. My request is a simple one...Will you help me get a true audience with a great spirit. One who is not bound and one who there is small chance might even notice my calls as more than a passing whisper without your aid. Will you be this ants bridge to speak as more than just a mortal priest with the great Willow...with the spirit Ygsadrill?"

(he does his best to stand tall, puff out his chest, and looks into the radiant light of the sky above the morning star.)

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Rhourk »

DM question: Are you looking for an audience now, or for a direct line later on while in Hell?

Wait, nevermind, I got it.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by Rhourk »

Kitz finishes his question and patiently waits.

"Your World Tree is nothing of the sort you know? It is far closer to God than any of these ego maniacs streaking through the void looking for prayers and offerings. Oh yes, Ygsadrill is the nervous system of this universe and through her roots flows all the knowledge of existence and the sum off all the energy that is this place. Raw untapped creation energy, free of the constraints placed upon everything else by the perceptions of others." he pauses a moment to regard Kitz.

"You do remember what I told you about perception, don't you? Of course you do, you're the one that remembered the ant. Thank you for that, I would hate for that little anecdote to be wasted. Back to the the point, eh? Alright then.

You must have noticed how much more potent your positive energy (healing) spells are. You tap the tree for the same raw forces that once formed the stars in the night sky. Unrefined yes, somewhat limited in scope or creativity, but making up for that in power. You have a great gift for channeling power, won't you be fun to watch?

When you enter Hell. You will be quite surprised to find the lowest level is a great lake...of Ice. One of my more famous aspects sits frozen there, a great beacon of despair and the engine powering all the circles. It's best that you don't interact with that. On the far side you will find a cave. In that cave is another aspect of mine, yes they are infinite but don't go down that rabbit hole, fox. As I was saying, another aspect, more in line with your people. Find him and he can be your guide, just be sure to make him agree to that bargain before you release him. He will want nothing more than to escape, and your group can help him to that end."

KitzGreywood
Squire
Squire

#20 Post by KitzGreywood »

Kitz watches and listens wide eyed at the Morning star's insights on the Great Willow giving raised eyebrows and a big eyed surprised stare at the mention of the a frozen devil on the lowest pits of hell being related to the morning star in some way. He quickly attempts to brush away thoughts of what he assumed from his religious studies the morning star was speaking of. He didn't want to think about coming face to face with the thing that put the word 'the' into the phrase 'the devil'. He redoubles his focus the at mention of the cave and of the aspect there in. Once the morning star is done speaking kitz responds.
"Does this aspect in the cave have a chosen form or a name in history? We will be in the heart of deceit by then, there may be many that would try to impersonate it if they saw the search through our minds."

Return to “Bloodlines: D&D 5th Ed”