Isle of the sun

Rhourk
KitzGreywood
Squire
Squire

Re: Isle of the sun

#41 Post by KitzGreywood »

Kitz looks around carefully as the pain grows more distant. He thanks the morning star and nods at the morning star's warning. He tells everyone that hes ok and thinks for a second. A short while later after having chased down a number of field mice, he jumps up seeming to have reached a conclusion. He approaches the morning star again...He quirks an eyebrow and speaks up to the morning star.
"Convergance...I get it...This place is the same relative distance apart from everywhere...A spot where things meet. That is why i felt the burning fires and they burned me. Powers used here are amplified greatly, especially those that reach out to affect other places far removed. Is that an accurate statement? Becouse if it is...I might just be able to help Skorn Skyhammer and those that fought along side him even more than i thought i could."

Kitz uses the mighty power of the cantrip to ruffle through the small pouch he wears upon his neck and pulls out 5 small fragments of bone covered in ash. (The pieces of finger bones that he collected from the remains in the wake of the battle in the chamber of Odin's eye when doing thier last rights.) He displays them to the morning star.

"These are pieces of them, i had planed to bury them in a place of honor...you know somewhere nice...but if i'm hearing you right, from here i might even be able to truly bring them back..." Kitz looks up to the Morning star smiling brightly.

Phylo
Squire
Squire

#42 Post by Phylo »

Phylo returns to camp after several days alone. He has a tremendous smile on his face and he seems truly refreshed. "My friends, there is the most spectacular river through those woods. I have spent the last 3 days wading up and down its length, tempting amazing fish after fish from their slumbers to take the most beautiful of flies. The fish, the water, the scenery, it has all been amazingly restorative. I will remember these times fondly as we wade through Hell. I have also contemplated the offer made by you, Morning Star, and I have decided that I would like to ask for something defensive in nature. I have this wonderful breastplate that affords me some protection, but I fear that in the places where we are to journey this may prove to be woefully insufficient. Any additional resistance or empowerment to make me less "squishy", a technical term I am sure you are familiar with, would be most appreciated."

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#43 Post by Rhourk »

KitzGreywood wrote:Powers used here are amplified greatly, especially those that reach out to affect other places far removed. Is that an accurate statement? Becouse if it is...I might just be able to help Skorn Skyhammer and those that fought along side him even more than i thought i could."

Kitz uses the mighty power of the cantrip to ruffle through the small pouch he wears upon his neck and pulls out 5 small fragments of bone covered in ash. (The pieces of finger bones that he collected from the remains in the wake of the battle in the chamber of Odin's eye when doing thier last rights.) He displays them to the morning star.

"These are pieces of them, i had planed to bury them in a place of honor...you know somewhere nice...but if i'm hearing you right, from here i might even be able to truly bring them back..." Kitz looks up to the Morning star smiling brightly.
"While simplistic, your statement is accurate. Though presented through the lens of your limited perception, it is...incomplete. Power is not amplified here, but it does exist simultaneously across all realities. So it is multiplied by infinity, you however are the focal point and you are no more puissant here than anywhere else, because you exist only here and nowhere else. So what did happen to you?

The individuals you wanted to contact died centuries ago. Their shades were captured using what you would call Dark Magic. This magic consigned their souls to Hell, trapped for eternity. Even if you could cast the magic that you wish to, even if it were not beyond you, at this time, it would fail. Their souls cannot return, they must be freed, and earn their way back to Valhalla."

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#44 Post by Rhourk »

Phylo wrote:Phylo returns to camp after several days alone. He has a tremendous smile on his face and he seems truly refreshed. "My friends, there is the most spectacular river through those woods. I have spent the last 3 days wading up and down its length, tempting amazing fish after fish from their slumbers to take the most beautiful of flies. The fish, the water, the scenery, it has all been amazingly restorative. I will remember these times fondly as we wade through Hell. I have also contemplated the offer made by you, Morning Star, and I have decided that I would like to ask for something defensive in nature. I have this wonderful breastplate that affords me some protection, but I fear that in the places where we are to journey this may prove to be woefully insufficient. Any additional resistance or empowerment to make me less "squishy", a technical term I am sure you are familiar with, would be most appreciated."
"I shall turn this breastplate to adamantine" (You are now immune to critical hits, unless the can specifically target other parts of your body)

"Also you can take this animated shield." DMG page 151.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#45 Post by Agnati »

Great One, if I may be so bold, there is one more thing I might ask your assistance in. Long ago, I was told of a spell that would allow a party to speak mind-to-mind for a short period of time. I've been looking for a mage somewhere who could inscribe its magic into my Mystic Arcanum tome of rituals, provided to me by The Great Mother. Is this something you would be willing to do for me?
(Looking for the Rary's Telepathic Bond spell to cast as ritual-only, similar to how I do Identify and Phantom Steed)
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Phylo
Squire
Squire

#46 Post by Phylo »

Rhourk wrote:
Phylo wrote:Phylo returns to camp after several days alone. He has a tremendous smile on his face and he seems truly refreshed. "My friends, there is the most spectacular river through those woods. I have spent the last 3 days wading up and down its length, tempting amazing fish after fish from their slumbers to take the most beautiful of flies. The fish, the water, the scenery, it has all been amazingly restorative. I will remember these times fondly as we wade through Hell. I have also contemplated the offer made by you, Morning Star, and I have decided that I would like to ask for something defensive in nature. I have this wonderful breastplate that affords me some protection, but I fear that in the places where we are to journey this may prove to be woefully insufficient. Any additional resistance or empowerment to make me less "squishy", a technical term I am sure you are familiar with, would be most appreciated."
"I shall turn this breastplate to adamantine" (You are now immune to critical hits, unless the can specifically target other parts of your body)

"Also you can take this animated shield." DMG page 151.

Outstanding. Thanks to you, Morning Star.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#47 Post by Rhourk »

Agnati wrote:Great One, if I may be so bold, there is one more thing I might ask your assistance in. Long ago, I was told of a spell that would allow a party to speak mind-to-mind for a short period of time. I've been looking for a mage somewhere who could inscribe its magic into my Mystic Arcanum tome of rituals, provided to me by The Great Mother. Is this something you would be willing to do for me?
(Looking for the Rary's Telepathic Bond spell to cast as ritual-only, similar to how I do Identify and Phantom Steed)
Done.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#48 Post by Rhourk »

On the island you can gather any spell components that you will need for the journey through Hell.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#49 Post by Tungsten »

Anything I should know before tonight? Like how I was horribly disemboweled last week or swallowed whole by a demon...

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#50 Post by Agnati »

Loki is still a member of our party, though we're not any more sure who is helping who. Lycia has trust issues. Don't judge her.
Last week, we entered a place of pain and torture within pitch darkness. The only light was a single doorway. We entered through to find an old man who asked us three questions. Unfortunately, Zildjian didn't know the capital of Assyria, so he was thrown into the pit of fire. The rest of us expertly gave our favorite color and all was well..... more or less.
We then found ourselves seemingly teleported to another place altogether... in front of a sea of blood with a single ship for traversing.
We boarded, you drove as well as you could for a rogue... errr... sailor. We fought off and killed 3 of 4 demons (was a roller coaster of a fight!) on the way to the gate that now stands before us. We're rested and level 12 before we start tonight.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Return to “Bloodlines: D&D 5th Ed”