The Eye.

Rhourk
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

The Eye.

#1 Post by Rhourk »

When the party is settled down after the melee, they each begin to regard the platform in turn. A great round, orb alien and strange, three feet across rises from a red stalk in the center. Torch light reflects off the brilliant white, smooth surface, marked with a single black iris. Lycia and Kitz make their way to the dias, their eyes lock in a wordless exchange. The fox twists his head to the side, barks twice as if to beckon his friends to join them.

When they are assembled, Lycia prepares to speak, but the Eye speaks first. A soft, surprisingly feminine voice seems to come from everywhere at once.

"Eye know why you are here, for Eye perceive all things at all times. The Hellgate is no gate at all, but a crossroad, one blade, piercing the symmetry of existence. See a spike of driven through the lenses of perception, see the horrors ride the spike to your world. Ancient, stolen magic warps the true face of reality, threatens to unhinge all. The gate pulls both places to the same, to merge, Hell and Here joined forever, reality broken.

You posses what you need to remove the spike, divert the crossroad, close the Hellgate. Eye see it with you, a piece of the first, binder of all Reality. But you cannot get where you must go. The road is blocked and the forces of Hell wait at every turn. Away you will travel to get closer still.

Seek the tower of Voilodion Ghagnasdiak amidst the Haunted Pyramids of Stygia, for he has stolen something precious to the sickly King. Find it and return it to the seaside and he shall meet you there. There the ship that travels between worlds can take you to the Isle of the Sun. There the great convergence will be found, and the way opened.

But beware, go to the Isle with great reverence and the utmost respect, one slip and down the hole you fall, oblivion for all."

With that said, the voice fades and the Hall of the Dead grows quiet.

DM note: See it makes perfect sense now.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: The Eye.

#2 Post by Rhourk »

The great orb rises again, the great iris expanding and contracting as it swivels around the room to settle on Lycia.

"Eye know you have questions, and your perceived time grows short"

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Agnati »

Lycia speaks up "All-knowing one, the item you refer to that's able to close the hellgate and prevent the merging of Hell and our world, are you referring to the stone we call the Heart of Ahriman? Usage of that.... artifact... cost us dearly. Is there a safe way of closing this doorway and saving all that we know? And what item, precious to the destroyer, are we to find, exactly? And once we have it, which shore are we to return to to continue our journey?"
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Rhourk »

Agnati wrote:Lycia speaks up "All-knowing one, the item you refer to that's able to close the hellgate and prevent the merging of Hell and our world, are you referring to the stone we call the Heart of Ahriman? Usage of that.... artifact... cost us dearly. Is there a safe way of closing this doorway and saving all that we know? And what item, precious to the destroyer, are we to find, exactly?"
"I know not the Destroyer you speak of, I spoke of the Sickly King, Lord of the Dragon Isle, Kin-slayer, the White Wolf. He is not your enemy. Something dear to his lineage was stolen, return it to him"

"There is no path to your victory without peril"

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Agnati »

Rhourk wrote:
Agnati wrote:Lycia speaks up "All-knowing one, the item you refer to that's able to close the hellgate and prevent the merging of Hell and our world, are you referring to the stone we call the Heart of Ahriman? Usage of that.... artifact... cost us dearly. Is there a safe way of closing this doorway and saving all that we know? And what item, precious to the destroyer, are we to find, exactly?"
"I know not the Destroyer you speak of, I spoke of the Sickly King, Lord of the Dragon Isle, Kin-slayer, the White Wolf. He is not your enemy. Something dear to his lineage was stolen, return it to him"

"I apologize, I misspoke, All-seeing-one. I had visions of one of our many enemies, Xaltotun, enter my mind as I spoke. Can you tell us anything of him? Does he have a place in this tapestry of destruction?
And which shore are we to meet this sickly King you speak of?
"
Last edited by Agnati on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Rhourk »

Agnati wrote:
Rhourk wrote:

"I apologize, I misspoke, All-seeing-one. I had visions of one of our many enemies, Xaltotun, enter my mind as I spoke. Can you tell us anything of him? Does he have a place in this tapestry of destruction?"
"He is the Architect but still a pawn. His part to play in this is done, though he knows it not and will oppose you at every turn. Even now he sends forth his armies of darkness to find you. And find you they shall. Now your questions are exhausted."

The orb lowers the iris and is silent.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Agnati »

From her mind to Kitz: "Looks like we lucked out with the sacrificial eye thing..." and grins.

Lycia would like to wait for nightfall, then using the Dream spell, contact Zinthos... magical adviser to Arshak of the Red Brotherhood, and possibly unknown to whoever 'bugged' my previous spell.
She'll channel this spell until midnight or until Zinthos goes to sleep and she can speak with him, asking if he knows of the Haunted Pyramids of Stygia, or more specifically, the tower of Voilodion Ghagnasdiak found there. Also, if he's ever heard of the great convergence, or if he knows of this sickly King we were told about... and if he knows of the king, what he may be able to tell us about him, the customs of his court, and how to make sure we DON'T OFFEND HIM.

If Zinthos doesn't go to sleep before Midnight, or he has no helpful information for us, Lycia will repeat the process to contact Quintus and ask him the same questions, telling them both that we've met with and communed with the Oracle.

IN EITHER CASE, should she sense that her conversations are being listened to, she'll mention "We should find a secure form of communication. Someone else hears us." and she'll stop the spell with whomever she's talking to.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Rhourk »

Lycia enters the dream-world and locates the sleeping mind of Zinthos.

"Look at you, how you have grown ssstrong in your journeysssss. Ashrak issss no more, ssslain by Xaltotun. I am hisss prisssoner, I sssuffer daily. Time is ssshort, the sssoutheastern wastes of Ssstygia are the Haunted Pyramidsss, great ssshrinesss to fallen Kingsss and Sssorcererss of old. The tower of Voilodion Ghagnasdiak liesss a half a daysss travel eassst of the tomb of Tommon-Kai, here (he quickly scratches a map in the dirt floor). Voilodion Ghagnasdiak is a mad man who traded his sssoul to a dead God yearsss ago, not heard from in yearsss. If ssstill alive, he is probably very dangeroussss and quite insssane...

Lycia looks up from the floor as his voice trails off. His body convulses once and seems to rend itself in two from the center of his chest. Blood fountains across her face in obscene amounts. She breaks the link as the demon begins to pull itself from the corpse.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by Agnati »

Lycia hurriedly asks Philo for a pice of his parchment and his ink well and pen and draws the map just as she saw it while the images of the demon taunt her. She then describes to the party (at least any who read this post. Lol) her conversation and then the possible death of yet another of our few remaining allies.
She then tries to recall if anything about the demon seemed familiar.... Whether it was what invaded her previous Dream spell and if she recognized it from anywhere.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#10 Post by Rhourk »

Huge teeth and claws, lots of blood. She severed the connection as soon as possible.

Phylo
Squire
Squire

#11 Post by Phylo »

Parchment and ink lent...
Agnati wrote:Lycia hurriedly asks Philo for a pice of his parchment and his ink well and pen and draws the map just as she saw it while the images of the demon taunt her. She then describes to the party (at least any who read this post. Lol) her conversation and then the possible death of yet another of our few remaining allies.
She then tries to recall if anything about the demon seemed familiar.... Whether it was what invaded her previous Dream spell and if she recognized it from anywhere.

Return to “Bloodlines: D&D 5th Ed”