Hebrews 4:13

Rhourk
Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Hebrews 4:13

#1 Post by Agnati »

With the party scurrying about, looting corpses and hunting mimics inside chests, Lycia's gaze is fixed upon the fabled Eye of Odin. She paid little mind to the funny sensation that everything Kitz was asking about suddenly making sense, like being shown the secret behind the curtain of ignorance.
"Our foes faught with honor. They deserve an honorable buriShe slowly crosses the room and cautiously climbs the steps. Once again, the vision from the Great Mother is laid bare in front her as if she were experiencing a case of deja vu.

(If Jeremy's able to post to the forums)
Lycia looks around the room for her four-legged companion. From her mind to his, she telepathically asks "So we've found the eye... errrr... the oracle(?)... what now? Do you know how we use it or even if it's safe to use?"

(If Jeremy's unable to post to US)
Lycia circles the remnant of what she and her compatriots had always believed a myth... a story that is told to generations of children for awe and entertainment. Yet here it lies in front of her. Material. Touchable. Argh, smellable...
The world around her seems to go quiet as she focuses, asking for the Great Mother's guidance. "I'm where you wish me to be, Great One. My companions and I have accomplished much, though to what end, we are not sure, and we have endured great trials.... and we have sacrificed much in this quest to prevail against this powerful evil that calls himself Xaltotun. We are unaware of any other parties that are fighting against what we can only assume as the end of our world as we know it... so our failure is not an option..... but we need your help, Great Mother. Please show us the means of avoiding the future I've seen in my dreams." She recalls what seems like an eternity ago. "If the death of the future takes root in the past... how are we to uproot this evil before it's poisonous fruit is made bare?"
With that, she reaches the iris of the large eye and places a hand on either side of it as she looks deep into the blackness...
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Hebrews 4:13

#2 Post by Agnati »

Jeremy, through email, wrote: In the aftermath of the Fight, Kitz skitters about the room visiting, making prayers, and placing flowers upon the fallen warriors of Thor. Seeming solemn and very serious about his work as he does. He only moves quickly to avoid the tide of treasure reaching hands as the others take in their spoils of conquest. Anyone who makes a move for a weapon from any of the corpse Kitz gives and odd look before turning back to the respective corpse. He then delivers a rather harsh bite to one of his own paws for each looted body leaving a small piece of his own fore-claws in the palm of each fallen warrior. He speaks to each then saying "Forgive them, they do not know...its not much but it is the only weapon i have to give."

When Lycia Addresses him he seems far off in his mind for a moment before snapping out of it, blinking a few times, and looking Lycia's way. He trots over to her side and sits looking up at her his ear perked before he responds.

"Well..." He stops to gaze at the giant eye in a bit of wonderment before looking back to Lycia and continuing.

"Odin is the all-father and though he is powerful and mighty, some say that he seeks knowledge and wisdom more than anything else. Some even say that he lost that eye in pursuit of wisdom. Though the stories of Odin are often different from teller to teller, if i had a guess as to how one would gain favor with him enough to be granted with some of that wisdom. Well i would say we all give it some knowledge in return...It would have to be something that even an almighty god might not have taken the time to look for...ya know something poetic, worthy, and special."

With the last words of the sentence he speaks he trails off slowly and his eyes grow heavy. He seems to blink away a few quickly forming tears. After a few seconds he shakes his head and regains his composure.

Kitz waits for a moment for the comments he made to sink in as he glances back to make sure that no one else has gotten in to 'need to be rescued' trouble in the 5 or so minuets that he had been looking away. After he is satisfied that death is not watching his trouble prone friends he looks back to the eye and gulps slightly looking a bit daunted as he speaks again.

"As for interacting with the oracle...uhm...my only advice is not do it alone...The great Willow has spoken to many saying that at her roots entire worlds might live...I would imagine that 'using' a piece of Odin's flesh to ask for wisdom would be like touching your mind directly to a gods. It might take the collective minds of everyone here to make out the visions or ehm...horrors we might see through it. Not to mention that i bet everyone will take something different away from this as none of us are the same and the gods know that."

(After this Kitz Lays out a simple plan that he suggests to Lycia. The plan he lays out is to gather around the eye when the others are done with the room and to make sure that everyone is in contact with one another as they approach. Then we all look into the eye and think of the questions we need answered and try to see what we can see inside. Kitz points out that its said that Odin took part in the creation of mankind and that he doubts Odin is very happy about seeing it wiped out by invaders.)

He tells Lyica that he also doesn't want to be the potential bearer of bad news but Odin might demand that someone lose an eye here to gain the wisdom they seek. Such would be a fitting and poetic sacrifice and would be more telling to the gods that we could be trusted with the wisdom they would grant us. Kitz then looks to each of the party and imagines them without an eye...He imagines the fire flinging cleric with one eye accidentally roasting the rougish sailor in a pitched fight. He imagines the rougish sailor with one eye stabbing wildly at his opponent only to hit crazy wolf right in the nose instead. He imagines Lycia throwing eldritch fire and wiping out our entire front line from behind with hellish fire. Then he imagines a blind crazy wolf or phylo wading into combat to cleave whoever happened to be right outside their sight whether friend or foe. Lastly he imagines a very unhappy but otherwise mostly unhindered fox with an eye patch. He looks up to Lycia and finally speaks again looking a bit faint.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

KitzGreywood
Squire
Squire

Re: Hebrews 4:13

#3 Post by KitzGreywood »

"yeah lets hope it doesn't come to that"

(that is the last line of the above post)

Return to “Bloodlines: D&D 5th Ed”