Expelled from jail

Rhourk
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Expelled from jail

#21 Post by Rhourk »

Johnny Champion wrote:A lot of information and speculation on this thread. I may have to reread a few times.

However: I take it that the party thinks I slit my own throat? Or did it appear it was slit by someone else? Is my body still visible in the hallway? Did I say anything before i did this gruesome deed? Or am I missing something?

And why the fuck did STD not work? why do we pay this cleric of ours if not to save a dying wizard?

-C
Your body is still visible in the hallway. This is the point at which we froze time for next session. Your wound appeared, Lycia cast STD and did not see an effect, Vis feels like he is being manipulated, as if invisible/immaterial hands are moving over his body.

Just to clarify, the wound appeared as if from no where and you collapsed. You absolutely did not slit your own throat. No medical diagnosis has been performed, no amount of damage has been recorded, the only thing done to Galius was Spare the Dying. Well, the only thing you guys did anyway.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by Tungsten »

Hey Chris,
Z rolled well and actually saw your throat ending cut by nothing!!!! You were just standing there and your throat appeared to cut on its own. I do not think that the STD is deficient. I think that there is something else going on because nothing is as it appears in this place. When you kill a monster you expect it to STAY DEAD!!! Not reset when you leave the room unoccupied. Lycia is the only one with a real clue here so I hope she starts talking soon.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#23 Post by Agnati »

Rhourk wrote: George's comments were correct.
Lycia & Vis definitely concur that we should ask Rackir about the eye/tentacles/podium thing. Lycia will study it as much as she can from afar, then approach and see what happens.
Vis will carry Galius's body for the time being.
Tungsten wrote: Lycia is the only one with a real clue here so I hope she starts talking soon.
Lycia gladly divulges all she knows, which is quite possibly more than I can recall after the week I've had. lol
Sleep is not as overrated as people say!
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by Tungsten »

We should have the cleric make certain that Galius has not just been put to sleep and we have had an illusion cast upon us regarding the whole throat cutting thing BTW. If she has a Lesser Restore, I think that would help out considerably.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#25 Post by Rhourk »

Tungsten wrote:I don't think you were attacked. I think you did a range spell or attack that did not appear to have any effect and then you thought better of it and backed off. But having no effect can also mean that the black tentacles are an illusion. We should ask Rackir the Red Archer about his encounters with the black tentacles.
Rakhir recalls his encounters with the thing at the altar.

I studied the "Old Ones" while a priest of Phum (none of you have ever heard of Phum). I believe this is Ngyr-Korath the Dream-Death. I thought it unusual to encounter such a thing here, in such a place, but then I was sentenced here by the Courts of Chaos so perhaps nothing should seem strange or beyond their reach or desires. The oddity of it convinced me that it could likely be an exit, or perhaps at least release.

I moved toward the altar and the tenacles came forth. A terror the likes of which I have never known assaulted my mind, but I stood fast. II hacked at the tentacles but to no avail. For every one I severed, three more sprang forth. It almost ensnared me, but I managed to escape. Retreating a few yards back caused the beast to become dormant again.

Two other times I engaged the best. Both times using my bow too attempt to blind the great eye. But my arrows strike with no effect. Since my last battle, I can't seem to overcome the terror and join it in battle again. Below the beast, on the altar I see a green soapstone, written with an elder sign, perhaps it could be used to give protection from the beast as it is written in the ancient texts, but I can see no way to get it without passing into the range of Ngyr-Korath.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by Rhourk »

Lycia's eyes glaze over and she speaks, "I am sorry to use your form in this way daughter, but your spirits are beyond the waking realms. Ngyr-Korath should not be there, born in the Death of ancient Ymnar and cast from your world by Phaigon, Brother of Bast. If it is your way out then that way lies eternal peril, but in that I shall help you in that moment. I sense death and darkness about your physical forms, make haste."

Then the voice changes in pitch to a wailing sound that your senses cannot process and is gone.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by Tungsten »

Did I dream that I posted the following comment?

MARK THE CALENDAR!!!! THE DM SAID (and I quote): "George's comments were correct."

Or was that an illusion?

Because now my post appears to be missing from this thread. Hmmm.

I made A LOT of comments previous to that statement so I think we should verify the Mage's condition ASAP and then boogie on up to the Altar while discussing the tentacles with Rakhir.

I think the whole trick here is to NOT ATTACK the tentacles. We should see if we can read the green soapstone. But more importantly can Galius recall if Green Soapstone is a spell component for any type of illusion spell which would create a creature such as the black tentacles. Perhaps the trick is to destroy the Green Soapstone. Perhaps we need only walk up and take the Soapstone.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#28 Post by Tungsten »

Obviously, I hit send before noticing the last post. But I think we are on the same page.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#29 Post by Tungsten »

Things are getting good!!!!

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#30 Post by Agnati »

Rhourk wrote:Lycia's eyes glaze over and she speaks, "I am sorry to use your form in this way daughter, but your spirits are beyond the waking realms. Ngyr-Korath should not be there, born in the Death of ancient Ymnar and cast from your world by Phaigon, Brother of Bast. If it is your way out then that way lies eternal peril, but in that I shall help you in that moment. I sense death and darkness about your physical forms, make haste."

Then the voice changes in pitch to a wailing sound that your senses cannot process and is gone.
With but a hint of trepidation, Lycia feels more emboldened. She'll approach the alter, being sure not to appear hostile. if she takes damage at all, she will retreat. Otherwise she'll dash up and try taking the sandstone from the alter.
If this doesn't work, she recommends Zildjian use Mage Hand to grab it while out of the range the beast appears.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#31 Post by Tungsten »

Z asks Lycia one question and follows it with a statement.

Z says that he has heard whispered rumors of Ngyr-Korath during his travels. The Dream Death should fill you with UTTER TERROR as it approaches. Did you feel overwhelmed with terror as you neared the black tentacles? If not, this is NOT the true Dream Death!!!

Whatever it might be, this creature, terror, illusion, construct -- if removing the Green Soapstone will help, Z is a master of the Mage Hand and that Green Soapstone will be in his possession no matter who is guarding it!!!

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by Tungsten »

After pondering the situation for a moment, Zildjian recalls that he totally ROCKS!!! He has Mage Hand Legerdemain as a Cantrip. His mage hand is INVISIBLE with a range of 30' it can carry 10lbs and can retrieve an object in a container worn or carried by another creature. If the Green Soapstone was visible to Rackhir then retrieving it should be a walk in the park for Z.

Also I can pick locks and disarm traps at range -- so no more poison darts for me!!!

What a great sailor I be!!!

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#33 Post by Johnny Champion »

Tungsten wrote:Hey Chris,
Z rolled well and actually saw your throat ending cut by nothing!!!! You were just standing there and your throat appeared to cut on its own. I do not think that the STD is deficient. I think that there is something else going on because nothing is as it appears in this place. When you kill a monster you expect it to STAY DEAD!!! Not reset when you leave the room unoccupied. Lycia is the only one with a real clue here so I hope she starts talking soon.
I just like to give the divine spellcasters shit! :)

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#34 Post by Rhourk »

Tungsten wrote:Z asks Lycia one question and follows it with a statement.

Z says that he has heard whispered rumors of Ngyr-Korath during his travels. The Dream Death should fill you with UTTER TERROR as it approaches. Did you feel overwhelmed with terror as you neared the black tentacles? If not, this is NOT the true Dream Death!!!
That is exactly what she felt. Rakhir seconds the opinion.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by Tungsten »

Then I hope whoever is remote controlling Lycia is a BAD MOTHER!!! And when she makes her move we RESPOND PRONTO AND GET THE HELL OUTTA DODGE!!!!
Z is going to yoink that Green Soapstone and hopefully we will have a Mage (that is more useful than a sack of potatoes) or someone else who can read it.
Z gets the feeling that there is some serious shit hitting the fan these days and our party seems to be the fan!

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#36 Post by Agnati »

Lycia can attempt to read any writing (assuming using the Arcana skill) but Zildjian or Galius would have a much easier time at it.
And on second thought, Lycia waits for the mage hand before proceeding.
Would Rickir be able to decipher any text on the sandstone?
(Bridget's having issues getting on US)
Aurora attempts a level 2 Lesser Restoration on Galius while the rest of this takes place.
Vis keeps watch through the doorways of the two rooms leading off the central chamber while keeping an eye on our newly-met friend. He still doesn't trust Rickir.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#37 Post by Rhourk »

Just so you know, this is magical role-playing time. You can talk, plan, etc, but the game is frozen for actions.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by Agnati »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as of now, the plan is for Zil to take the sandstone from the alter via mage hand, correct?

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#39 Post by Tungsten »

Yes. For good or better, we hope.
Of course, we want to verify the Galius situation as well.

Return to “Bloodlines: D&D 5th Ed”