In Cimmeria - Session 5

Rhourk
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

In Cimmeria - Session 5

#1 Post by Rhourk »

"It was so long ago and far away
I have forgotten the very name men called me.
The axe and flint-tipped spear are like a dream,
And hunts and wars are like shadows. I recall
Only the stillness of that sombre land;
The clouds that piled forever on the hills,
The dimness of the everlasting woods.
Cimmeria, land of Darkness and the Night."
-- Robert E. Howard: "Cimmeria"

The party makes better time back to the Village of the Ice Leopard Clan. The wagon that had proved so troublesome the day before turns out to be quite useful in transporting the prisoner, Torse. In exchange for taking him back to face justice and an assumed clean death, he provides the general location of Grok's village-lair.

Ice Leopard scouts greet the party an hour out of the village. Bulvar and his retinue are waiting when the wagon rolls into town.

So this is one of the bastards that's been burning our people.

Lycia can't resist, And eating them, MiLord.

Bulvar spits, and his advisors bristle with anger directed at Torse.

The captive finds his voice, I've given them the location of Grok and his brood. I never ate no one, I ask only for a clean death.

Bulvar's black eyes narrow, A clean death is for men, not dogs and flesh eaters. Bring a rope.

Torse screams in rage, Then as the last remaining of the Black Bear clan I claim a chieftain's right to battle!

The advisers howl in rage as one and shake their heads and move around Bulvar. The old man sweeps them aside and regards the captive, a man half his age. He turns to Crazy Wolf.

Do you have his weapons?

We do.

Well, give them to him, and cut the dog loose. My dinners getting cold.

Bulvar strides to a large open area in front of the long-hall. His son, a towering man with a fearsome set of axes strapped to his back attends him. He hands his son his cloak, standing bare skinned to the waste in the crisp winter air. His back and chest are covered with scars, and though withered with age, his powerful frame is still apparent underneath.

Torse snatches his weapons from Crazy Wolf and heads to the circle. Most of the clan has now gathered around. They scream and spit at Torse as he makes his way forward.

Old man, today I'll have vengeance for my clan. Prepare to meet Crom.

Bulvar's breath streams in the air. He rests his hands on the hilt of his greatsword, the point resting in the dirt, six feet away.

You know dog, we went to war with your clan, and we won. But we didn't wipe them out, we took our spoils and went home. There own foolishness did them in two years later. But even beaten and foolish they wouldn't have had anything to do with a man-flesh eating dog like you. The fact is, when I cut you down. I'll be the one defending their honor, not the other way around.

I told you, I never ate anyone.

I've heard about you dogs. First you go for the arms and legs, so they can't fight back or run. The you eat the rest while they're still alive, screaming and warm.

To Hell with you old man!

Torse rushes in, sword held high, shield in front of him. He slashes low, trying to throw the old man off balance and get inside the guard of the massive sword he wields.

Bulvar steps back, and begins swinging the massive blade around his body, over his head and around again, tracing arcs in the air. The blade sings as it cuts through the cold evening air.

Torse gives ground before the wall of steel created by the old man. But Bulvar makes good on his promise. The blade comes faster and faster, seeking blood. First Torse loses his right hand at the wrist. His sword drops to the ground. He follows almost immediately as his left leg comes off at the knee. He screams as the blade shears through his shield and claims his left arm. Blood flows across the ground in a river. Torse's face drains to ashen white, just before his head leaves his body.

The great blade slows and comes to rest at Bulvar's side. The old man breaths heavily, but he hasn't got a scratch on him. He nods to his son.

Give them 100 pieces of gold for bringing this one to me. And there's 200 more for Grok' s head when you bring it in. Tonight we feast for our gratitude and you sleep in my hall. You can be off in the morning.

(You are given four potions of Slow Healing, it's in the sheet)

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: In Cimmeria - Session 5

#2 Post by Johnny Champion »

Gallius speaks to his colleagues: "Quite an impressive old man and sword...remind me to stay on his good side. I am hungry after a long journey, where is the great hall?"

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Agnati »

OOC:
Modified Potions section of character sheets to use drop-down for potion names & vlookup for potion effects based on the Miscellaneous Sheets Potions tab and added a single Slow Healing potion to the melee characters sheets: Crazy Wolf, Ziljian, Aurora, & Vis.
Also, who is using the Cimmerian Broadsword?
Last edited by Agnati on Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Agnati »

How is the general mood of the clan in regards to Torse's body/equipment? Anything the party can make use of, or is it assumed we looted his unconscious body with the rest of the room after the last fight?

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Johnny Champion »

OOC: Have we updated our NPC list on Bloodlines?

Gallius: Is Grok Torse's boss? What do we know about Grok? Do we have an idea where he is?

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Johnny Champion »

Agnati wrote:OOC:
Modified Potions section of character sheets to use drop-down for potion names & vlookup for potion effects based on the Miscellaneous Sheets Potions tab and added a single Slow Healing potion to the melee characters sheets: Crazy Wolf, Ziljian, Aurora, & Vis.
Gallius: Why didn't I get a potion? I have like no hit points!!!!!

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Agnati »

Johnny Champion wrote:
Gallius: Why didn't I get a potion? I have like no hit points!!!!!
Because Gallius has both a health and a rejuvenation potion already, and these only do +2hp/round for 1d10+5 rounds. If he really wants one, he can take Aurora's, since she can Cure Wounds if necessary.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Johnny Champion »

Agnati wrote:
Johnny Champion wrote:
Galius: Why didn't I get a potion? I have like no hit points!!!!!
Because Gallius has both a health and a rejuvenation potion already, and these only do +2hp/round for 1d10+5 rounds. If he really wants one, he can take Aurora's, since she can Cure Wounds if necessary.
Galius is much more attracted to Aurora. She seems more genuine in her femininity while Lycia appears awkwardly strange...almost masculine in the way she carries herself. He thinks as the day pushes forward that Lycia begins to develop a 5 o'clock shadow.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by Agnati »

Johnny Champion wrote: Galius is much more attracted to Aurora. She seems more genuine in her femininity while Lycia appears awkwardly strange...almost masculine in the way she carries herself. He thinks as the day pushes forward that Lycia begins to develop a 5 o'clock shadow.
Lycia takes great offense as she started shaving weeks ago!

So the party travels back to the Ice Leapord village with Grok's body tossed over the back of their mule. They graciously and humbly accept the bounty and inquire as to if there is anyone in the village skilled in Arcana enough to reveal magical properties of an item (Grok's cloak & dagger, as well as Lycia's gauntlet). We should also check on the status of Zildjian's dagger, make any needed repair to our armor and weapons, and as of any known hazards when we get our bearing for the next of the once-hidden points of interest, as well as the safest route to travel.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#10 Post by Rhourk »

The dagger is ready. You ask for someone skilled in arcane, they look at you as if you have two heads for a moment, contemplate killing you, then all start to laugh.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Tungsten »

Zil takes that as a "no." Barbarians are NOT big fans of Arcana!!!
Z checks the fit of his brass knuckles dagger. He thanks the blacksmith for his artful craftsmanship and pays him his 40 GP. He also asks him if he can buy him a mead to say thanks?
If he says yes, he makes sure to try to get all the information he can about all the gossip and stories being told around town.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by Rhourk »

The smith seems pleased at the obvious gushing over his work (don't forget to ask me for stats on the dagger) " I would love to get a horn of mead with you, but I have all of this arcane studying to do.....BWAAHAAA, I can't say that with a straight face, OK let's go get drunk".

(Rumors will be updated later.)

Return to “Bloodlines: D&D 5th Ed”