An audience is called.

Rhourk
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

An audience is called.

#1 Post by Rhourk »

"Know, O prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and in the
years of the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across
the world like blue mantles beneath the stars - Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyperborea, Zamora with its darkhaired
women and towers of spider-haunted mystery...”

After two days of laying low in Arenjun. The group is well rested and resupplied. Zildijan is very disgruntled over paying most of their ill gotten gains to the Red Brotherhood as an initiation fee and the rest to Captain Mumar to look the other way, but things could be worse. Eventually Arshak summons the party to an audience.

"Ah my friends, you look rested, but I see that cabin fever is starting to get the better of you. Understand that you need to be well out of sight for a few days after the destruction of The Tower of the Elephant. We paid some truly outrageous bribes, but we may just keep our skins. But let us not worry about that now. My magical advisor, Zinthos has studied the maps and letters you liberated from his rival Yara, and has made some interesting discoveries."

He leads the party to his map room where Zinthos waits. He wears dark robes that seem to shift hues in the lantern light from blood red to deep green or black. His frame appears frail underneath his robes. His eyes round black orbs in the low light, rimmed by a glowing yellow iris. He points with a slender bone wand that never leaves his grip.

"Yesss come ssee. Here on the mapsss, hidden in sorceress sscrpit, revealed with my magicss. Five ssitess, marked ass placess of power by Yara. They were covered in a cloaking spell, feed by mossst of hiss power. That musst be why he didn't obliterate you inssstantly. They stand revealed now. I wonder if otherss were looking for them. Sssomething there musst be very powerful indeed. Here in Cimmeria, Aqulionia, Shem, Khauran and West of Brythunia. Once hidden treasuress await."

Arshak speaks up, "We need to investigate theses sites right away while Zinthos continues his research. And you need to not be in Zamora for a little while. Go to Cimmeria first, you won't encounter many from Zamora there, and you have a Cimmerian among you. The Red Brotherhood has no presence there, but from there you can travel to the next site in Aquilonia. I will give you contact information for our chapters there. You can make reports to me through them. It could be this is a red herring, but still you need to be away from here and honestly I have nothing else to do with you. I have arranged for a wagon in a caravan for Galius, traveling as a merchant headed to Cimmeria to try and buy steel weapons from the clans. The rest of you can serve as guards and retainers. You leave in two days. Zinthos will give you a map to Yara's site. Good luck."

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: An audience is called.

#2 Post by Agnati »

Lycia: "Thank you for your help and wisdom, master Zinthos."
(She gives Galius a flirtatious look and a wink)
"One of our party, while simple minded and daft at times, is becoming quite adept at the ways of magic as a Wizard, as I'm sure you could sense since we entered. Is the reading of such Sorcerer Script something that can be learned before we depart? It would be most useful for us to be able to decipher such things while out in the wilds."

(If the reading of such text is more a spell than a skill, she'll ask if we could take one or two with us and if a Detect Magic will reveal if such a spell should be used on an, otherwise, ordinary object.)
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Rhourk »

Zinthos regards Lycia with his curious, large eyes, "Yess it isss learned when one spends much time in the artsss. I am sure your friend will unravel the myssterysss in time. Are you not a curiousss creature. Sssomething watchesss in you. I wonder, what doesss it look for, what doess it sssee?"

Vis excuses himself from the room. Later, letting the party know that the smoke from the lanterns was making him unwell.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Agnati »

Lycia spends many hours in the solitude of meditation before the party departs, with Vis as her only company, ensuring she remains undisturbed.
She seeks the wisdom of the Old One and requests any foreknowledge of what they may face in the days ahead...
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Return to “Bloodlines: D&D 5th Ed”