Battlemap

Rhourk
Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Battlemap

#1 Post by Johnny Champion »

I played around with campaign cartographer. I was able to generate this in about 30 minutes.
Tavern Brawl 1.jpg
Tavern Brawl 1.jpg (402.72 KiB) Viewed 608 times

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Battlemap

#2 Post by Agnati »

Oh that's pretty cool!
Don't want to go overboard or anything, but.... yeah
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Agnati »

Also, kind of a spin off of O'Riley's previous idea, we could easily (and fairly cheaply) do something like this:
so that the pleather mats don't eventually look like this
The first example actually has their leather mat on top of a bottom-lit table, so you can see the square marks, however faintly, through the hex grid. We could easily piece together a mat the size of the table if we wanted and then simply put a piece of Plexiglas on top of it to draw with the dry-erase markers. We wouldn't have to worry about the mats getting stained that way.
Thoughts?
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Johnny Champion »

I'd like the idea of miniatures being the primary tool and the battle map. But I also like graphics and the monitor. I am interested in the idea of either projecting down or projecting up, or using an LCD screen. I would like to use times were Craig is not available to run a campaign, and work on the technology for the future. In other words, don't interrupt game time sessions with trying to figure out what would be kind of neat for the future. Anyway, that's what I was thinking we could look into this week.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Rhourk »

Johnny Champion wrote:I played around with campaign cartographer. I was able to generate this in about 30 minutes.
Tavern Brawl 1.jpg
What's campaign cartographer? Projectors are definitely affordable and we can figure out a mount. This seems like a very workable concept that would really add to both flavor and efficiency.

Return to “Bloodlines: D&D 5th Ed”