Action thread 4

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Action thread 4

#202 Post by ToniXX »

rredmond wrote:That was one of the leaders room or something we think, correct?
Yes, you were under the impression that it was. Would you like to examine that room further, Ron?
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#203 Post by rredmond »

Yes, as long as I can keep the others within eye and ear sight. :)

The cleric heads into the now abandoned room to look around in more minute detail.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#204 Post by ToniXX »

It is now Day 6 (10 Delian) 1:10am
  • Francisco and Yarl move to the locked door in the north-west corner of the cloister. Kurn has checked the door and around it for traps, finding none and feeling confident about that. He is now attempting to pick the lock.
  • Brok and Meryth move to the north-west portion of the courtyard, Brok giving cover as the rest of the party searches.
  • Veneficus also guards the courtyard as others examine the area.
  • Cis listens at the eastern door. He hears nothing.
  • Nunyet goes back into the room with the tunnel. He searches the room. PM on the way.
  • Kurn is finally able to pick the lock. The door pops open about three inches. No light comes from within.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#206 Post by ToniXX »

Nuke66 wrote:Cis tries to open the door....
The door opens easily. There is a little light coming from within, but no immediate response, and Cis sees nobody in the room.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#207 Post by rredmond »

Kicking the bed back in the tunnel room with his foot a bit to see if there's anything underneath it, Nunyet calls out, hey Kurn when you're done in there I got a nice locked chest in here for you to check out.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#208 Post by onlyme »

veneficus continues his watch... waiting for one or more to scream for help...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#209 Post by Argennian »

Brock remains locked and loaded with a readied arrow, facing the entrance to the courtyard. He nods first to Veneficus to confirm he's ready and watching before glancing over to the young girl they just rescued. "Meryth, where are you from exactly? How did they catch you?"

While he waits for her answer he hopes he hears no screams for help from any one of the others! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#210 Post by ToniXX »

Argennian wrote:"Meryth, where are you from exactly? How did they catch you?"
She looks up at the night sky before she answers in her slight northerner accent: I come from Dren. It is, or rather was, a small farming village just west of Terian's pass, in Fallmeade. They came in the night. I woke up to our hut ablaze. I ran for the door and they grabbed me. I watched them kill my father in the center of the village, along with the other elders. I don't know if the rest of my family is still alive, but I fear the worst. She begins to cry, but then sucks it up, gripping the dagger tighter. I hope I can hurt one of these soldiers, if there are any left.
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#211 Post by ravenn4544 »

Kurn wanders over to check out the chest in question. He will examine the lock and surrounding area of the chest for any possible traps.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#212 Post by Alethan »

ravenn4544 wrote:Kurn wanders over to check out the chest in question. He will examine the lock and surrounding area of the chest for any possible traps.
I believe you are still in the northern room, attempting to pick the lock on that door...
ToniXX wrote:It is now Day 6 (10 Delian) 1:10am
  • Francisco and Yarl move to the locked door in the north-west corner of the cloister. Kurn has checked the door and around it for traps, finding none and feeling confident about that. He is now attempting to pick the lock.
  • Brok and Meryth move to the north-west portion of the courtyard, Brok giving cover as the rest of the party searches.
  • Veneficus also guards the courtyard as others examine the area.
  • Cis listens at the eastern door. He hears nothing.
  • Nunyet goes back into the room with the tunnel. He searches the room. PM on the way.
  • Kurn is finally able to pick the lock. The door pops open about three inches. No light comes from within.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#213 Post by ravenn4544 »

Sorry - i thought he did by the last line (and then near enough to check out the chest). Sorry if I misunderstood.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#214 Post by Alethan »

ravenn4544 wrote:Sorry - i thought he did by the last line (and then near enough to check out the chest). Sorry if I misunderstood.
Ahh... No, my bad! Pick away!
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#215 Post by Argennian »

ToniXX wrote:
Argennian wrote:"Meryth, where are you from exactly? How did they catch you?"
She looks up at the night sky before she answers in her slight northerner accent: I come from Dren. It is, or rather was, a small farming village just west of Terian's pass, in Fallmeade. They came in the night. I woke up to our hut ablaze. I ran for the door and they grabbed me. I watched them kill my father in the center of the village, along with the other elders. I don't know if the rest of my family is still alive, but I fear the worst. She begins to cry, but then sucks it up, gripping the dagger tighter. I hope I can hurt one of these soldiers, if there are any left.
Brok can see that the young girl is on the edge. He meets her gaze purposely to offer a warm smile and reassuring lift of his eyebrows. "I am sorry about your family, Meryth. If we find any more of these soldiers," he offers, nodding to the one of the dead men lying nearby in the courtyard, "I guarantee you we want to hurt them too. We had word this Order of the Red Blade could be moving through Terian’s pass and entering Ardun. Did the soldiers that took you prisoner enter Ardun there or further west through the Vitgar Mountains?"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#216 Post by ToniXX »

Argennian wrote:Brok can see that the young girl is on the edge. He meets her gaze purposely to offer a warm smile and reassuring lift of his eyebrows. "I am sorry about your family, Meryth. If we find any more of these soldiers," he offers, nodding to the one of the dead men lying nearby in the courtyard, "I guarantee you we want to hurt them too. We had word this Order of the Red Blade could be moving through Terian’s pass and entering Ardun. Did the soldiers that took you prisoner enter Ardun there or further west through the Vitgar Mountains?"
She nods her head in acknowledgment of Brok's statement. She then says We came through the pass.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#217 Post by ToniXX »

It is now Day 6 (10 Delian) 1:20am
  • Francisco and Yarl are still in the same place, but now the door before them is open by about three inches. The room beyond seems dark. Nothing seems to be happening behind the door.
  • Cis is standing before the door that he just opened on the south-east corner of the courtyard. There is a little light coming from within. Nothing seems to be happening behind the door.
  • Nunyet has moved back into the leader’s quarters, and has found a locked chest under the bed.
  • Veneficus continues his vigilance. He sees or hears nothing out of the ordinary.
  • Brok also remains vigilant. He has a quick conversation with Meryth.
  • Kurn moves to the room with Nunyet. He examines the lock and area around it and finds no traps. The chest is locked with a padlock (it’s not built into the chest).
Ten minutes have passed.

HPs - Francisco:17/21, Cis:24/24, Nunyet:25/25, Kurn:9/9, Brok:12/16, Yarl:17/30, Veneficus:12/12
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#218 Post by ravenn4544 »

Kurn will try to pick the lock on the chest
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#219 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Sorry, was waiting for Yarl to open the door...

Francisco pushes the door open wider to let more light into the room.

(At this point, I can't remember who has the light sources. Does Francisco still have the orb? If so, then he'll move it towards the doorway to bring light into the room.)
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#220 Post by rredmond »

Nunyet has the orb... but it would probably be a nice thing to roll on in ahead of you just in case.

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”