Action thread 4

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action thread 4

#141 Post by onlyme »

!#$%^...i just misspelled Venificus...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#142 Post by Alethan »

onlyme wrote:!#$%^...i just misspelled Venificus...
I make that same mistake all the time.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by rredmond »

onlyme wrote:!#$%^...i just misspelled Venificus...
:lol:
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#144 Post by ToniXX »

Day 6 (10 Delian) 12:30am
  • Francisco moves to the door by Yarl, crossbow at the ready
  • Nunyet has determined that the girl is unharmed and healthy, just needs some bacon. He moves forward to join the others by the door
  • Brok talks to the girl, then gives her the torch he was carrying and dagger. Now shown on map as ‘M’
  • Brok wrote:"Are there any other prisoners here that you know of?"
    Meryth thinks for a moment, then shakes her head no.
  • Cis holds his ground
  • Veneficus moves to help Brok.
  • Yarl and Francisco talk; the ranger knocks on the door, receiving no response; he tries to open the door
The door is locked, and in order to move this along, I’m going to roll for Kurn to pick it.

Kurn takes out his thieving tools and starts to work. He is quiet and methodical. Over the next few minutes he tries different tools from his kit. During this time, the party draws no attention from behind the door, or from the courtyard. Finally, the door slips open, and is ajar by six inches. A soft light spills through the crack. Kurn and Francisco are able to see through, and detect no motion or shadows. Kurn says that he sees a bed in the north-west corner of the room.

DOH! There's an error on this map. Meryth should be by Brok.

HPs - Francisco:17/21, Cis:24/24, Nunyet:25/25, Kurn:9/9, Brok:12/16, Yarl:17/30, Veneficus:12/12
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#145 Post by Alethan »

Francisco does a silent count of three to Yarl, then kicks the door open the rest of the way and quickly scans the room, ready to fire a bolt into the soldier.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by onlyme »

Venificus looks around, and figuring Brok has things under control, moves north west to assist in capturing the last of the guards.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by rredmond »

Nunyet grabs preps his holy symbol and has a hammer out to back up the front liners.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#149 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl moves away from leaning on the wall, much more interested now that the door is open. As Francisco enters/looks in he takes a step closer, ready for a scrap.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by Argennian »

Brok will remain with Meryth, a few steps just behind Nunyet, keeping his eyes on the entrance to the courtyard as Francisco breaches the door and prepares to move in with Yarl.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#151 Post by ToniXX »

Day 6 (10 Delian) 12:40am
  • Everybody else either moves as noted on map, or holds their ground.
  • When everyone is in place, Francisco kicks the door open. It swings all the way open, almost hitting the wall.
Francisco and Yarl quickly discern that there is no one in this room.

There is a large bed in the north-west corner, and a few chairs and a small table. On the table is a crystal orb four inches in diameter sitting on a tubular copper stand. It emits enough light to nicely illuminate the room. On the table next to the orb is a thick piece of black cloth and some writing instruments, a couple books and some papers.

The room is about 30 feet long and 20 feet wide. Next to the west wall, about center, is an open trap door (marked with a blue square on the map). There is broken wood strewn around the trap door, but the door itself looks to be in working order. The door is leaning up against the wall.

HPs - Francisco:17/21, Cis:24/24, Nunyet:25/25, Kurn:9/9, Brok:12/16, Yarl:17/30, Veneficus:12/12
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#152 Post by Alethan »

"Bugger. Looks like our friend had another way out..."

Francisco picks up the glowing orb and hefts it for weight.

"Nice!" He says, with a smile. "Wonder how long this thing lasts..." Then he notes the black cloth sitting on the table next to it and picks it up, as well. He wraps the cloth around the orb to see if it blocks the light...
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#153 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:Francisco picks up the glowing orb and hefts it for weight.

"Nice!" He says, with a smile. "Wonder how long this thing lasts..." Then he notes the black cloth sitting on the table next to it and picks it up, as well. He wraps the cloth around the orb to see if it blocks the light...
It weighs maybe a pound. When Francisco puts the cloth over the orb, the room goes dark, the black cloth effectively blocking out the light. He takes it back off and the room is once again lit.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by Argennian »

When Brok sees Francisco and Yarl have cleared the room, he takes a quick peek inside. While the ranger inspects the strange, glowing orb, he'll point at the open trap door with his sword.

"Wonder if that's an escape tunnel or if there's a bunker down there. We going after 'em or should we close it and clear the rest of the courtyard?"

He then turns back to Meryth. "Do you know anything of the trap door in there or where it might lead?"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#155 Post by ToniXX »

Argennian wrote:He then turns back to Meryth. "Do you know anything of the trap door in there or where it might lead?"
She shakes her head indicating 'no'.
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#156 Post by Nuke66 »

Cis finally feeling comfortable with the situation leaves his corner to take a peek inside the room before offering "Maybe we should seal it from this side and come back to it after we investigate the rest of this place?"
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by ravenn4544 »

Kurn suggests "I like the idea of clearing out what is up here first.... keep our backs covered. We can close the trap and put something on top of it that might make some noise and alert us if someone tries to open it from below."
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#158 Post by Alethan »

Francisco eyes the hole in the floor and says, "We're not even sure what it is, yet..."

He makes his way over to the trap door and peers down it, using the glowing orb for a light source. He makes note of whether it is a room or a tunnel. If a tunnel, then he confirms what direction it goes.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by onlyme »

Veneficus will anxiously await the Francisco's assessment. He keeps an arrow nocked in case something charges up from it.

I suspect it leads to the other building, so either way, we have probably been outed...

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#160 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:Francisco eyes the hole in the floor and says, "We're not even sure what it is, yet..."

He makes his way over to the trap door and peers down it, using the glowing orb for a light source. He makes note of whether it is a room or a tunnel. If a tunnel, then he confirms what direction it goes.
Using the light source, the ranger can tell that it is a tunnel (and not a room). It goes down about ten feet, then goes west. He sees no one (or thing) in the tunnel, and hears nothing either.

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”