Action Thread 1

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 1

#41 Post by rredmond »

dmw71 wrote:...ooc: If she doesn't notice anything...
She does not, but can only see the bits that are visible from the door, the room itself seems to go further north of the door, but the southern wall of the room is easy to see being a bit over 5' south of the door. Plus there are multiple dark patches. The ceiling is gone from the room, but there doesn't look like much, if any, of the roof is gone. But other than that you hear nothing.
Elwita wrote:"Aye... but only one way that I know of to found out."
The door doesn't budge a bit. It would pull out, but those hinges are pretty melted, practically unrecognizable except for the fact that the melted bits of metal are about where hinges would be. When you put even more strength into it, the melted handle starts to pull from the door, charred splinters falling off. You can continue to pull, and pull off the handle if you want. Help with pulling will only succeed in pulling that handle off quicker.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#42 Post by Alethan »

Freda says, "This might just be a dead end. We're looking for slavers and slaves... don't know if we'll find either in the room beyond."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by Computer +1 »

Alethan wrote:Freda says, "This might just be a dead end. We're looking for slavers and slaves... don't know if we'll find either in the room beyond."
"From the smell, if we find either, I bet they are dead."

Ogre watches Elwita but makes no move to help.

"El, you and me ain't here for our thinkin'. Why dont cha' wait and see what the others think before ya go gettin' yer self in trouble? Is having Dread or someone else tryn' figure out what could cause this really gonna kill ya?"

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#44 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Freda says, "This might just be a dead end. We're looking for slavers and slaves... don't know if we'll find either in the room beyond."
While not one to easily give up on a task once she's started it, Freda's words (and Ogre's confirmation) resonate with Elwita.

Mutters: "Ah. Freda is probably right."

She steps away from the door and wipes any grime or debris from her hands.

"Do we bother with this room, or maybe double-back and explore that open hallway?"
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#45 Post by ToniXX »

OOC: I say we need to press forward, unless we can't get this door open. We're all being a little too indecisive. That's just my two copper pieces!
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#46 Post by migellito »

"I'll bet this happened when those slaves were getting out of here, man. We're down a long hallway, so I don't think anybody would hear if we just knocked the door down. Once we're in there, we might be able to climb up and get right at the second floor without having to go past more of their traps."

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by Nuke66 »

The girl in plate is in line waiting for some action when she hears the noise from the broken door handle, "Just break it down." she whispers

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by Computer +1 »

Ogre sheathes his sword and puts down his shield.

For f**ks sake, if you all wanna rush in an get killed then who am I to stop ya! I'm sorry I suggest we think before we act but then again you're all happy enough to let us go in first, so fine!"

Ogre ferociously attempts to open the door with all his strength. The longer it takes the more angry his gets until either he or the door breaks.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#49 Post by dmw71 »

Computer +1 wrote:Ogre ferociously attempts to open the door with all his strength. The longer it takes the more angry his gets until either he or the door breaks.
Elwita prepares herself for the unknown beyond the door... but is equally ready to help Ogre take the door down, if needed.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Argennian »

Karraway keeps his eyes and ears alert for danger as the frontline party members do their thing.

Computer+1 wrote: ...For f**ks sake, if you all wanna rush in an get killed then who am I to stop ya! I'm sorry I suggest we think before we act but then again you're all happy enough to let us go in first, so fine!"

Ogre ferociously attempts to open the door with all his strength. The longer it takes the more angry his gets until either he or the door breaks.
(OOC: looks like 'indecisive' just got the boot! Good show, C+1!! :P )
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by rredmond »

Ogre in a rage, rips the handle clear off the door, sending splinters flying. This, of course causes him more consternation...

PM sent. Once that person is able to read it and respond, I'll respond. As usual I hope to get back in during the weekend, but it isn't likely. It'd make my weekend more fun though, so I'll try! Otherwise, see everyone Monday morn!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by rredmond »

1– In the complex - entering the burned out room

After ripping the door handle off with east, in a manner fitting his nickname, Ogre puts his shoulder to the door to knock it down.

The door shatters into splinters. And Ogre, a bit dazed, ends up inside the room. At that moment there is a glibbering and meeping of many creatures. Nine or ten emaciated humanish creatures, with sharp teeth and long dagger like fingernails jump from above, attacking Ogre and cutting him off from the hallway. A few face the door (and you) and a few attack Ogre. The stench becomes quite overwhelming.

They will attack Ogre first. Then we'll roll inititative. Blodgett, Elwita and Freda can attack in Round 1 as long as two of you is willing to step into the room. The rest can rush into the room to attack, use missile weapons (remembering Ogre and whoever rushes into the room become viable targets) or spells.

Ogre needs to roll a save vs. Poison. I'll resolve later, hopefully before Monday, but this at least gives everyone a chance to state their actions after the Surprise Round.

[/b]HPs: Elwita - 51/54; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 42/42; Blodgett - 25/25 ; Freda - 40/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 25/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Lantern - (1 pint oil = 4 hours) 30' radius; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-4/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#53 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Blodgett, Elwita and Freda can attack in Round 1 as long as two of you is willing to step into the room.
Elwita forces her way into the room, fully prepared to bludgeon one of these creatures with her hammer. If at all possible, Elwita will try to avoid blocking the entrance to the room when she enters herself.

ooc: Does Elwita recognize these creatures as being orc, half-orc, goblin or hob-goblin?
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by rredmond »

Elwita can get in no worries and position herself to the north of the door.
dmw71 wrote: ooc: Does Elwita recognize these creatures as being orc, half-orc, goblin or hob-goblin?
Definitely not any of these creatures. These things are much more creepy and stink of rotting flesh.

BTW if I don't get attacks from all for the first round I will just resolve the surprise round. This is a double attack round for the single class fighter types in their specialized weapons. Which means they attack first and last, regardless of initiative. Unless of course the creatures have multiple attack routines, then Initiative matters.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by Computer +1 »

Roll vs poison
Ogre's stat -Death, Paralysis, Poison: 11

[1d20] = 1

Ogre lets loose a stream of curses as he uses he shield to block while redrawing his sword.
"THIS IS WHY YOU WE TRY TO BE SMART YOU BUNCH OF IDIOTS!!"

Once his sword is drawn he will begin attacking whatever is closest.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#56 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljayess snickers a little when Ogre takes the bull by the horn so to speak. As she is next to him, she gives some room as the hulk throws his shoulder into the door. With a practiced movement, she enters the room close behind him, but in a much more controlled fashion, taking a couple steps into the room and peeling off to the side, clearing the doorway. Standing at the ready, she is surprised to see foes drop from the ceiling. As there are now creatures between her and Ogre, she stabs out with her spear, looking to skewer one.

to hit [1d20+1] = 17+1 = 18 dmg [1d6+2] = 5+2 = 7

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#57 Post by dmw71 »

Elwita positions herself inside the door and, using her specialized war hammer, swings it mightily at the nearest foul creature.

To Hit (+2 (specialized) War Hammer) = [1d20+4] = 16+4 = 20

ooc: Damage roll, if successful hit:
Damage: S/M (+2 (specialized) War Hammer) = [1d4+6] = 3+6 = 9

If, being specialized, Elwita is allowed a second attack this round (which I seriously hope she is), the recipient of her second attack is most unfortunate (ooc: natural 20):

To Hit (+2 (specialized) War Hammer) = [1d20+4] = 20+4 = 24

ooc: Second damage roll, if successful hit:
Damage: S/M (+2 (specialized) War Hammer) = [1d4+6] = 3+6 = 9
-- Project --
-- DM --

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by Computer +1 »

OCC- I just noticed my own mistake, I clearly wrote that I put down my shield when I sheathed my sword. So when I burst into the room my shield is left against the wall in the hallway. That sucks but it is definately in character!

I would like to revise my actions a bit then.

Roll vs poison
Ogre's stat -Death, Paralysis, Poison: 11

[1d20] = 1

Ogre lets loose a stream of curses as he tries to shove away anything close to him as he draws his sword.
"THIS IS WHY YOU WE TRY TO BE SMART YOU BUNCH OF IDIOTS!!"
Once drawn he will attack at the nearest target.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#59 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett leaps into the room, steps away from the door and attacks the closest enemy:

To hit: [1d20] = 4, damage short sword: [1d6] = 1 (medium opponent)

Boooo!
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#60 Post by migellito »

Feeling quite sure these things are risen dead, Phanstern knows his illusions will be useless against them. Muttering "why must he always go into the room instead of just breaking the door down?" he tries his best to toss Ogre's shield to a spot in the room where the hulking warrior can grab it.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”