Action Thread 11

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 11

#61 Post by Stirling »

Kayen will crouch lower in the saddle and growl some orcish rebuke to the slave-chain "that they should move a bit faster". He has a scroll of 'suggestion' in his pouch which I believe is still unused, so he will take it and smack the last slave over the head with it. If any gurads get too close Kayen will read the spell and go tell the guards to 'go feast with the ghouls'.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#62 Post by saalaria »

Dredd carries on with his nose in the air, disdain for the orcs clear on his face.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern hopes he won't need to speak again, hoping his luck holds out.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– Outside the ruined temple – 12:52 p

Blodgett remains invisible.

Eljay sees the end of the clearing around the temple less than 900 feet away. Then the ruins of the city, and the ability for them to hide, begin. Each person behind Eljay are just that much farther away from that possible safety.

The guards on the roofs aren't talking to you any longer. As a matter of fact, the two that stood near the edge have now moved further inward to the center of the roof. No further calls come, nor does any of the guards peek over or climb down. You continue to move, somewhat faster at Kayen's urging, toward the city of Highport.

The party moves, escaping, any other actions?

HPs: Ogre (1) - 45/45; Elwita (1) - 32/50; Delgath (6) - 25/25; Blodgett (3) - 10/20 ; Freda (-5) - 29/40; Phanstern (2) - 25/25; Eljayess (1) - 17/25; Kayen (2) - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Elwita Hammer (heavy xbow): Staff; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Blodgett, Eljayess, Freda, Delgath, Ogre, 12 slaves, Phanstern, Elwita, Kayen
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-3/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Invisibility potion: 2 doses left.

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#66 Post by Alethan »

Freda lets out a quiet sigh of relief as they move further and further away from the slaver village.

"Don't let your guard down; we're not out of the woods yet..."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Stirling »

"get into the ruins but don't run. Turn off that blasted lantern, its mid-day not midnight!",Kayen will suggest, "then back on board the ship if it is still in the bay, there must be a dinghy we can requisition to row us offshore?"

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by tkrexx »

The farther we get the better Phanstern feels. He wants to be out of sight completely when his illusion of Change dispels.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljay resists the urge to run, reining in her mount a bit. She keep a nervous grip on her spear, her fingers moving in a slow count of the seconds.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by max_vale »

Ogre just keeps walking along; grimly keeping a tight handle on his sword and shield, hoping they get the slaves out okay; but ready for action in case that doesn't happen....

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by saalaria »

Dredd strutts along like a peacock, waving his arms round as if directing everyone around where to go but not speaking.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– Outside the ruined temple – 1:02 p

Moving steadily but quickly the party moves the slaves to the edge of the temple grounds, and right into the ruined city proper. A few minutes before then Blodgett pops into visibility, trying to shield his appearance from any possible view from the roof. He urges they quietly move forward. Just as the former slaves start to break into happy chatter, some shouting and commotion occurs on the roof of the temple which quiets them. Looking back you can see guards moving around on the roof, more guards and more movement than normal, but little to no organization that you can tell to their movements. You can't hear actual words being said, but you can tell that there isn't any pursuit at this time, and from what you know about the temple there won't likely be pursuit at this point, even if you have been figured out.

Of course Highport is still a dangerous, and evil city, and you can leave the way you came in. The slaves actually add to your disguise. But the city, being a lawless one, also means that though the guards from the temple won't be swarming out to you, there may be pursuit of a different sort. The longer you are in the city of Highport, the more danger (from many different avenues) you would be in. Phanstern quietly tells the group that if he performed the gestures perfectly then you will be ogreless in about 10 minutes, if not then you have maybe seconds.

As you move deeper into the city, but have yet to hit any populated areas, you stop to regroup. The papers in your hands show you that the slaver accountant you defeated, was actually one of the famed and feared Slave Lords, traders in human misery. One of the ruthless leaders of the group that has been terrorizing the coastal lands of the Sea of Gearnat and the head of operations at the temple. The papers you grabbed are records of slaver activities and a map of their caravan route. The map shows the way to an old fort, in the midst of the Drachensgrab Hills, a stockade that is used as a way station by humanoid caravan merchants who dare risk travel across those perilous lands. The map, however, indicates that the fort is really a front for the Slavers, and that it's being used as a processing and fattening house for newly acquired slaves. One of the slaves you freed confirms this, the slaves are brought in with mock caravans, but somehow never leave. The slave, in a paperwork mix up he is now grateful for, ended up back at the Highport temple instead of wherever those other slaves go.

You are able to hide out and wait for your caravan pick up at the previously identified meeting point. And you head out safely with the slaves in tow.

At the end there, you had something like 10 positive reaction rolls, and twice as many chance encounters that could have happened. My favorite is the dopplegangers, two separate encounters, that the group avoided becoming victims of without realizing the danger. Except for maybe two quick forays off track, you took the most direct route to the Slaver possible - completely avoiding the Temple of Orcus and the foes there!

I think I will run A2, if folks are interested, but I'll need time to prepare. I'll definitely figure out experience and ensure we get any outstanding items identified. Folks playing now will get first dibs to continue on, then we'll advertise for replacements.

Unless folks do not want to high-tail it out of town, this was absolutely a successfully completed module. Questions?

HPs: Ogre (1) - 45/45; Elwita (1) - 32/50; Delgath (6) - 25/25; Blodgett (3) - 10/20 ; Freda (-5) - 29/40; Phanstern (2) - 25/25; Eljayess (1) - 17/25; Kayen (2) - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Elwita Hammer (heavy xbow): Staff; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Blodgett, Eljayess, Freda, Delgath, Ogre, 12 slaves, Phanstern, Elwita, Kayen
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-3/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Invisibility potion: 2 doses left.

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Stirling »

I for one would love to play a part in the attempt to defeat the slavers at the stockade. I enjoyed taking over Kayen (thank you guys), are you planning same characters and group or could I roll a new character if I prefer?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by tkrexx »

THIS KICKED ASS!!! Thanks, Ron!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by max_vale »

This was awesome Ron; thanks! I am DEFINITELY in for part 2; as Ogre or as a new PC if everyone wants to go that route.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#76 Post by saalaria »

Agreed - it was great - thanks Ron. Count me in for part 2, too!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by tkrexx »

BTW, count me in for round 2 also!

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#78 Post by Nuke66 »

Thanks Ron!

It was fun, we actually seemed to run thru it ok, not too much of a battle!

That being said, given the re-gen and all, and the fact that you have been whittling down your participation due to RL issues, I'd be ok with shelving this, but I would also be ok running Eljayess for round two. I might also look forward to rolling another toon.

all that being said, I am looking forward to some input. just let me know

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Argennian »

I know I'm late to the party here but, nonetheless, just had to say:

Absolutely Champion!!

Although I got Karraway turned to stone by playing a hunch and taking a chance when I really didn't have to, absolutely no regrets. I had a blast playing here! The party really rocked this one and it's always awesome to beat one of the original modules!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

As stated, thank you for running and seeing this one through, Ron. You already know I'm down for any future missions and/or expenditures, so never a question there.

AND, it looks like we have another completed game then, yeah? :P
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”