[Archived] Act 1 — U.S.S. Janus interior

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Medical Labs and Sickbay (Deck 7)

#81 Post by Grognardsw »

Nurse Teklah reports further to Dr. Ryerson: "Doctor, further research shows that the radiation, while not immediately harmful to life forms, does slowly effect the immune systems—antigen processes, antibodies, etc.—which would slow healing rates and generally lower the immune system. Very long term exposure to the radiation is not adviseable. If there is to be planet-side missions, I will research the efficacy of steroids and antibiotic boosters to counter the radiation effects."

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Bridge (Deck 1)

#82 Post by Starbeard »

Once again the bridge intercom activates, but this time it is Nurse Teklah reporting further to Dr. Ryerson from the MedLab: "Doctor, further research shows that the radiation, while not immediately harmful to life forms, does slowly effect the immune systems—antigen processes, antibodies, etc.—which would slow healing rates and generally lower the immune system. Very long term exposure to the radiation is not adviseable. If there is to be planet-side missions, I will research the efficacy of steroids and antibiotic boosters to counter the radiation effects."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by max_vale »

LCDR Dale Collins, Helmsman

"Yes sir, Captain!"; Dale doesn't bother to hide his enthusiasm. It's not often he gets to fly a shuttle craft; which while not exactly speedy and agile; it CERTAINLY was much more maneuverable than a capital ship.....

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#84 Post by DadsAngry »

Dr. Ned "Needles" Ryerson:

"Yes, Captain I can do with some fresh air. This deodorized air is no substitute for the unadulterated kind"
Starbeard wrote:Once again the bridge intercom activates, but this time it is Nurse Teklah reporting further to Dr. Ryerson from the MedLab: "Doctor, further research shows that the radiation, while not immediately harmful to life forms, does slowly effect the immune systems—antigen processes, antibodies, etc.—which would slow healing rates and generally lower the immune system. Very long term exposure to the radiation is not adviseable. If there is to be planet-side missions, I will research the efficacy of steroids and antibiotic boosters to counter the radiation effects."
The doctor moves over to the Coms officer. "Would you mind?" he then gestures to the com button on the Coms officer's console that activates the in-ship communications. The doctor stand over the Com officer waiting for the channel to open. When it's open he leans down and speaks as if he is speaking into a tin can attached to another with twine. His annunciates each word with care and great volume. "Thank you for your report Nurse Teklah. I will be going planet side with the Captain and the away party. Please have the standard radiation hyposprays ready before our departure. Also have the decontamination chamber ready for our return. Dr. out." He then looks to the com officer "Thank you that's all. You can end transmission."

The doctor turns back to the captain. "It's advisable that we keep our away mission brief to minimize the exposure of the planet's radiation."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by ybn1197 »

Captain Dillon Wyse

Dillon spins his chair towards the Science station. "Mr. Nadix, if you would be so good as to join us." He stands up and heads to the upper ring of the bridge, stopping at Communications. "Mr. Chau, please inform Cmdr Endilov to join us in the shuttle bay. Mr. Vek, have two of your finest join us. Cmdr Palla, you have the conn." Dillon then enters the lift and waits for the others to join him.
Last edited by ybn1197 on Mon May 11, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#86 Post by DadsAngry »

Dr. Ryerson:

Dr. Ryerson steps into the lift joining the captian. "Thank God we are taking a shuttle craft. No matter how many times I hear from various engineers that transporter travel is safe, I know how biology works and I won't have my molecules taken apart and reformed if I can help it."

OCC: Updated post.
Last edited by DadsAngry on Mon May 11, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by ybn1197 »

Whoops! That was my fault. I have edited my original post.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Inferno »

Commander Nadix Ar Eth, Science Officer:

"Aye, captain," said the Edosian. His natural curiosity made him eager to observe this interesting phenomenon up close.

His three legs carried him to the turbolift, where he serenely reported, "Captain, as the Minerva approaches the planet's surface, I shall endeavor to use her sensors to better pinpoint our target to reduce the existing 50-mile margin of error."
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Grognardsw »

At word of an away mission, the ensigns on the bridge stand tall and puff out their chests, trying to meet the officers' eyes, ever hopeful.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Starbeard »

Stardate 2271.3.22: 1315h

'Aye, Captain,' says Chau. She puts a finger to her earpiece and sends a short message down to Endilev in Engineering. Young crewmen in uniforms of red or 'Star Fleet gold' walk by the closing turbolift doors, heading to fill the recently vacated posts until the relief crew arrives.

The captain presses a button and calls out, 'Shuttle Bay.' As the turbolift starts, Chau's voice once again is heard, this time coming over the general speakers. 'All senior relief crew, report immediately to the bridge. Senior relief crew to the bridge.'

Within moments, the turbolift stops, the door slides open, and a short down a rather industrial-looking corridor takes the crew to the cramped confines of the shuttle bay. The Minerva rests majestically on its guides, awaiting its trip down to the planet surface.

So to make things clear, let's make an OOC list of exactly who's joining the landing party. There is room for 7 in the shuttle.

The crew can be geared up with standard type 1 'palm' phasers, type 2 phaser pistols, or combat phaser rifles (and other heavy combat weapons).

Because the party's going into an unknown situation, Type 2 phasers would be acceptable, but anything heavier would require some explanation with the admiralty back home. Taking only Type 1 phasers would look especially good in the report, and (assuming survival and success) would garner everyone an extra +20% bonus to all XP received from the mission.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Inferno »

Nadix would like to join the landing party.
Phaser I's are the peaceful Edosian's personal preference.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Starbeard »

For reference, Phaser I's have a maximum range of 30m stun/20m disrupt/10m dematerialize. Phaser II's have triple the range, can fire more shots before needing to recharge, and has somewhat improved damage dice. Phaser rifles have five times the range and are much better in every capacity, obviously.

For comparison, the most common spacefaring hand weapons you'd expect to go up against are disruptors, which are somewhat inferior to their phaser II and phaser rifle counterparts, and hand lasers or nuclear blasters, which are somewhat superior. Phaser I's, while easily hidden and considered diplomatically 'peaceful', are the most inferior energy weapon.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

[Archived] Act 1 — U.S.S. Janus interior

#93 Post by Starbeard »

Return to “Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier”