Pavis the City of Plunder Runequest Glorantha

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
KevinRune
Scout
Scout

Pavis the City of Plunder Runequest Glorantha

#1 Post by KevinRune »

I am thinking of starting a Runequest in Glorantha game. It will have pregenerated characters to speed the process. Some minor changes can be requested. I have seen too many games that take a month to start. So pregenerated will speed the entire process.

This is going to be a Sand Box Campaign. Mostly using the Runequest G rules and with some additional gods to use. I would like people who post at least 3 time a week.

Set in the city of Pavis after Dragon Rise, Pavis the city of plunder is in flux. The lunar rules of the last 10 years are gone. The Sun Domers and the Pavis Temple are attempting to keep things safe. Setting up new guards for the entrances to the Ruble. The city no longer has the Lunar trade to count on so will be taxing what is taken from the Ruble.

Come all and help settle Pavis into the trading empire it needs to be.

If you want to submit characters you can if they are near completion. From time the game starts to when the players are ready to adventure should be less than 2 weeks.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Pavis the City of Plunder Runequest Glorantha

#2 Post by Tamerlaine »

This certainly has my attention. Yet which set is the 'Runequest G' rules?

KevinRune
Scout
Scout

#3 Post by KevinRune »

The new one from chaosium.

Jeraldo
Squire
Squire

#4 Post by Jeraldo »

Hi - definitely very interested in this and would like to throw my hat into the ring for the agimori hunter PC you mentioned. I have a fully fleshed out PC of a similar type running in a Roll20 campaign but his stats and abilities are at the extreme end of competence - which may not fit in with your game plan.

I’ll have no problems meeting your minimum posting requirements but must admit I’m completely new to this type of game forum.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Jerry

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by rredmond »

Welcome Jerry!
Not that I’m biased or anything, but if you are new to PbP then you are at the best site anywhere to learn. The folks here are very supportive and patient and always willing to help! With excellent players and superh DMs it’s no shock I guess. :D
In case you missed it, there is a two post moderation anti-Spam measure in place here. After your second moderated post you’ll be good to post, PM and play without delay.
Again welcome to Unseen Servant, hope you enjoy the games!!
—Ron—
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Jeraldo
Squire
Squire

#6 Post by Jeraldo »

Thanks for that!

I’m looking forward to learning - alas these days it’s difficult to find ‘nonline’ RPG opportunities locally so I’m hoping this will supplement my Roll20 interactions.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by rredmond »

Honestly pacing is usually the only thing that turns some away. All of the members here really dig the format and quite a few of them will remark on how they are in too many games as they join another game. :D
Be well and be welcome Jerry!
—Ron—
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

KevinRune
Scout
Scout

#8 Post by KevinRune »

Unfortunately the Agrimori has already been spoken for. Working on more pregen before launch. We will be using the Gods from the RQ2 Pavis Big Rubble. I will modify them as I can. If you want to submit a character for review feel free. I can always modify it. We will be using modified rolls, add a die and take best and reroll 1's.

These are hero's.

Jeraldo
Squire
Squire

#9 Post by Jeraldo »

Ah that’s a shame but no worries - I thought I’d been quick off the mark but I didn’t allow for the moderation pause! Lanbril has always intrigued me and I have an Esrolian thief PC languishing unused in a Roll20 file somewhere, or I may just go ahead and roll one up from scratch tomorrow night and see how things end up.

Any options that are verboten or that you’d be particularly keen to see explored?

KevinRune
Scout
Scout

#10 Post by KevinRune »

I see the city in flux. For a short time it will be wild west type setup. No real rules yet in place. The yelornan is a killer. So free raiding into the Rubble. Or hiring on as guards for rubble gate to rescue others trying to get back.

Jacko
Squire
Squire

#11 Post by Jacko »

Hi, posted my interest in the game on FB the other day, I have an idea for an Issaries trader, I'll try and run it through character generation later on and send you my results so you can moderate them :).

Cheers Jon

Jeraldo
Squire
Squire

#12 Post by Jeraldo »

Yelornan killer. Lanbril thief. Both are good concepts. Happy to run with your pregens for either - though I may just run through the PC gen process around both concepts for fun anyway!

RuneMagus
Squire
Squire

#13 Post by RuneMagus »

Hi, old time RQ player looking to try these new rules if you have space still. Where is the list of pregens, followed your link from the G+ group?

KevinRune
Scout
Scout

#14 Post by KevinRune »

Have a Yelorna Bison Rider and Humakt Sartar done can work up anything in a day or 2. The Yelorna is a killer so is humakt.

RuneMagus
Squire
Squire

#15 Post by RuneMagus »

Not sure what happened to my second post, gave it a couple of days for review but maybe it didn't go through, so here goes another attempt. I have a Baboon Assistant Shaman pretty much ready to go (favourite sheet format?).

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by rredmond »

Not sure what happened there Daren. But now that you've made your second post there shouldn't be any delay.
Welcome to The Unseen Servant, hope you enjoy a game real soon!
Be well,
--Ron--

RuneMagus
Squire
Squire

#17 Post by RuneMagus »

Hi Ron. Thanks, maybe I lost connection or something at the point of submitting, was posting from the mobile at the time.

Jeraldo
Squire
Squire

#18 Post by Jeraldo »

Hey everyone- I’ve not had as much spare time this past week as I’d expected so I’ve not got that far with my custom pc concepts. Still keen in either the bison riding yelornan or the thief type pre-gens though. Is there somewhere I need to go to take a look at these? Or are we not at that stage yet? (As per previous post, I’m totally new to pbp!)

RuneMagus
Squire
Squire

#19 Post by RuneMagus »

Don't think you've missed anything, been quiet here. Not aware of where the pre-gens are.

Jacko
Squire
Squire

#20 Post by Jacko »

Hi Kevin - not heard anything about this for a couple of weeks, whats happening? :)

Return to “Looking for players or games”