Zweihander- checking interest.

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Zweihander- checking interest.

#1 Post by Bloodaxe »

Greetings,

Im checking interest for a Warhammer themed game- Zwehander. This probably would not start for a month or so yet, so plenty of time.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/192 ... st_epoch=0

https://grimandperilous.com/

a fan rules summary:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IpD ... Q0Ru8/edit

Looking for 4 or 5 players that are able to check in/post every two days or so.
If you have played, or are somewhat familiar with Warhammer RPG (any edition)- thats a bonus.

I am new to the system, since its a recently released game- so it would be a learning process for all. The adventure would probably be a pretty short one-off , and we can see how it goes from there.

Thanks.
B.A.
Attachments
zwei.jpg
zwei.jpg (403.66 KiB) Viewed 487 times

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Zweihander- checking interest.

#2 Post by ybn1197 »

Count me interested. I picked up Zweihander as part of a bundle purchase at OBS and I've been perusing it now and then. My only experience with Warhammer however is 1st edition, I played a couple of session back in the late 80's when it first came out but haven't done anything since.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by rredmond »

On Giants in the Playground one poster described the game:
Archpaladin Zousha wrote:I got the PDF for on sale for 5 bucks yesterday, and id say it was worth it! From what I'm reading it basically IS Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay with the serial numbers filed off. The Aethyric Winds you mentioned are Warhammer's Winds of Magic renamed with the Sefirot of Kabbalah mysticism, the deities are Warhammer gods with generic titles (The God-Emperor is Sigmar, The Lord of Decay is Nurgle and The Demiurge is Taal), and while it could easily be criticized for a lack of originality with this, I think it's a good thing considering Zweihander's whole purpose is to allow Warhammer Fantasy players to continue enjoying it even if the setting is no longer there...it was definitely at least worth 5 bucks! :smallsmile:
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Rowenn552
Scout
Scout

#4 Post by Rowenn552 »

I would be interested in some dark and grim fantasy. Picked this system up in a bundle a while back and just recently been paging through it. I dig random character generation so I can edit this post as my guy comes to life through the rolls if you’re ok with that.

I however do not have much experience with the warhammer setting besides it being pretty bleak and grimdark. It sounds great but I have always been a bit overwhelmed it. Was never really sure when or where to break in.

*UPDATE: So here is Hildebrand the corpulent (yet still charming and capable) Bravosi. He's had a rough life, born to some farmers, then sold to a noble with special tastes, then pitched to the streets when he had grown too old (13), picked up by a Bravo and trained in the blade (honing his rough potential in swordplay and wit), and later striking out on his own. He's been mostly successful so far in his adventuring career and has grown quite fat (the great majority of his earnings being converted into something in his belly). Most recently he was robbed of most of his belongings including his handed down court sword from his mentor.

*UPDATE #2: just had two games fire off that didn’t look like they were going to start. Still interested but withdrawing my hat from the game. You have a fully rolled up character for use though if you’d like.

This guy was made entirely randomly from all of the tables in the book. If you'd like I can edit and add the dice rolls.
Character name: Handsome Hildebrand of the Quick Blade
Social Class: Lowborn
Sex: Male
Race: Human (Seventh Sense- using your sense of smell to track others, you always succeed on Survival Tests.)
Build: Corpulent
Ht/Wt: 5’6” / 253lbs
Hair/Eyes: Med. Brown / Grey
Upbringing: Cultured (Fellowship favored)
Profession: Bravo
Distinguishing Mark: Rancid Breath
Season: Summer
Doom: Iron will bend under heat

Order Alignment: Ferocity Rank:
Chaos Alignment: Hatred Rank:
Corruption:

Peril-
Threshold: 7(13/19/25)
Current Condition: Unhindered
(Unhindered/Imperiled/-1 Skill/-2 Skill/-3 Skill/Incapacitated!)

Damage-
Threshold: 6(12/18/24)
Current Condition: Unharmed
(Unharmed/Lightly Wounded/Moderately Wounded/Seriously Wounded/Grievously Wounded/Slain!)

Stats and Skills-
Those skills marked by a * are trained. They can be attempted but use the Primary Stat and must be flipped for failure.
COMBAT: 42, [CB] 4
>>Martial Melee* (2)
>>Martial Ranged*
>>Simple Melee (1)
>>Simple Ranged

BRAWN: 46, [BB] 4
>>Athletics (1)
>>Drive*
>>Intimidate
>>Toughness

AGILITY: 43, [AB] 4
>>Coordination (1)
>>Pilot*
>>Ride*
>> Skullduggery*
>>Stealth

PERCEPTION: 49, [PB] 4
>>Awareness
>>Eavesdrop
>>Scrutinize
>>Survival

INTELLIGENCE: 43, [IB] 4
>>Alchemy*
>>Counterfeit*
>>Education*
>>Folklore
>>Gamble
>>Heal*
>>Navigation*
>>Warfare*

WILLPOWER: 46, [WB] 4
>>Incantation*
>>Interrogation*
>>Resolve (1)
>>Tradecraft*

FELLOWSHIP: 42, [FB] 4
>>Bargain
>>Charm (1)
>>Disguise*
>>Guile
>>Handle Animal*
>>Leadership*
>>Rumor (1)

Traits and Talents-
[Trait] Vim & Vigor: Follow successful Parry of melee weapon with Opportunity Attack. Can only be made with a weapon possessing Finesse quality.
[Talent] Lightning Reaction: Gain one additional AP per turn. This extra AP can only be used to Dodge or Parry.

Enc- Init- Mvmnt-
Limit: 7 Base: 7 Base: 7
Crrnt: 7. Ovrg: 0. Ovrg: 0
Ovrg: 0 Crrnt: 7 Crrnt: 7

Weapons- Bare hands (Pummeling,Slow), Fire-hardened spear (Adaptable, Reach, Weak, Enc2), Mortuary Sword (Vicious, Enc1)

**Court Sword (Fast, Finesse, Enc1), Main Gauche (Defensive, Finesse, Weak, Enc1)
[[Fast = -10% defender Parry, Finesse = use AB for damage, Defensive = +10% Parry, Weak = cannot cause Grievous Wounds]]**
**ignore these, didn’t notice the mandatory starting equipment**
Armor- Leather (Armor 2, Enc3)
Shield- Wooden Shield (Defensive, Light, Enc1)

Trappings- Fire-hardened spear, heavy boots, lantern, laudanum (3), dirty and worn tight fitting slashed burgundy velvet shirt, oil pot, red cap mushrooms, rucksack, suit of leather armor, tincture (3), wooden shield and mortuary sword.
Coins- 17bp

Injuries- None… yet...

Advancement-
Tier: Basic
Profession: Bravo
Trait: Vim & Vigor
SR: 7/10- Martial Melee, Simple Melee, Athletics, Coordination, Resolve, Charm, Rumor
BA: 0/7
Ta: 1 of 3 - Lightning Reaction

Background:
Handsome Hildebrand (of the Quick Blade) wasn’t always known by the moniker and in fact doesn’t currently live up to it either.

Born Erwin, the sixth in a litter of nine, he was sold off to a local noble during a bad harvest on his eighth year. We won’t go into Lord Egmont’s predilections save to say that Erwin became his favored ‘son’. In time Erwin was shared with the other nobility as a ‘special guest’. The true motivations of Lord Egmont and of these visits was not goodwill to the peerage but rather to use young Erwin as a spy gathering rumors and intelligence to blackmail his ‘friends’.

Eventually Erwin grew up and fell out of favor with the good Lord Egmont (and his fashionable friends of questionable tastes), kicked to the curb with not much more than a loaf of bread and the clothes on his back.
Erwin survived though using the skills he had been trained in in blade and wit at the court of Lord Egmont. He vowed revenge on the noble peerage that made his life hell. Erwin became Handsome Hildebrand and after a handful of duels he became known as The Quick Blade. He put his sword and mind to work gaining a small fortune and eventually in his quest, an expensive appetite;
sweet leaf and sweetmeats became his staples.

Now quite portly Hildebrand... to be continued
Last edited by Rowenn552 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:48 am, edited 4 times in total.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by spanningtree »

I played WHFRP pretty extensively back in high school. The group ran through the module in the main rule book and then on through a series of modules called the "Doom Stones". I really like the system. Especially career based characters. Zweihander looks fairly modded in comparison. I'd be interested if you have room.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Bloodaxe »

Hmmmmm......Cubicle 7 has announced the next Warhammer RPG. I might wait and check that out.

http://cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/warhamm ... -roleplay/

Return to “Looking for players or games”