OD&D(ish), Traveller ('77 or '81) or Similar

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Piper
Tracker
Tracker

OD&D(ish), Traveller ('77 or '81) or Similar

#1 Post by Piper »

Looking for OD&D or TLBB Traveller or similar (rules or spirit) games.

I'm Piper, you may also know me as Cameron DuBeers.
Red 5, Standing ... Hey! Is That A Banana?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OD&D(ish), Traveller ('77 or '81) or Similar

#2 Post by rredmond »

Welcome Piper!!
--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Starbeard »

Welcome, Piper!

I'm running T&T on this site, but if you're interested in an OD&D I've got one at the ODD74, and I have room for another player: Starbeard's Fantasyland Game

It's a mishmash of things: I'm running Outdoor Survival(ish) for hexcrawling, OD&D for indoor adventures & monster combat, and Chainmail(ish) for man-to-man combat.

The current classes are just Fighting-Man and Magic-User (who get all spells), but I'll eventually throw in others as we play.

The overall campaign map mixes lots of genres (fantasy, western, sci-fi, pirates), but so far we haven't left the starting Gothic medieval fantasy area.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by ffilz »

And if you're interested in Classic Traveller, and willing to use odd74, I could fit another player into my campaign there (the one here is really full...)
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Return to “Looking for players or games”