Mechwarrior 3025

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Mechwarrior 3025

#1 Post by wolfpack »

Maxs battletech game has got me digging through the battletech books and remembering how much I enjoyed it. So i thought I would see if 4 people would be interested in a mechwarrior game. We would use mechwarrior rules for the RPG and standard battletech rules for the mech combat.

because of all the movement that is needed I would want people who could post at least once per day for the most part.

looking for 4 players for a lance.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Mechwarrior 3025

#2 Post by max_vale »

Oh man.....I'd LOVE to join in; but I don't think I can keep up with that kinda posting rate....especially on the weekends. If you'd accept someone you might have to 'puppet' on occasion; I'm in!

I only have the 1st Edition Mechwarrior book....is that ruleset you're using for the RPG part?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by wolfpack »

Weekends are a little more lax with us traveling for my daughters travel softball year round. really just during the week I would like to see once per day.

mechwarrior 2nd edition, I have the pdf I can email to anyone who needs it.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by wolfpack »

looking for 3 more mech warriors

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#5 Post by BuckshotChuck »

I would be delighted to join in. Sign me up.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by wolfpack »

OK you got it. need 2 more

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by wolfpack »

Not many battletech fans? I have pdf's of most the books if players would need them for anything and don't have them.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I am a MechWarrior fan however at this time I feel I am in enough games on here, otherwise I would have joined right away. I am interested just waiting for games to be completed before jumping into another one.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rukellian »

I am in the same boat as GreyWolfVT; however, I think I would do some lurking before I commit myself to a group.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by Recklessfireball »

I'd love to play in a classic Succession Wars era game! Make sure we get to pilot patched-up rides that were handed down from our great, great, granddaddies, are forced to scrabble for salvage, and constantly live in fear of being dispossessed. 8)

Oh, and trying to make it as a small-fry Merc outfit is a plus. ;-)

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#11 Post by Diamond_Spear »

I'd love to play and can easily meet the posting speed. I do not, however, have a copy of the RPG rules.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by wolfpack »

Let me see if others are still interested,

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by wolfpack »

recklessfireball, diamondspear, greywolf, and buckshotchuck you are in and will be the lance. I will contact tonixx to set up a board and once done will start posting information.

We will be using the mechwarrior 2nd edition rules minus anything clan related. I will be posting an alternate master character table removing the clans basically leaving you a few options either better skills or attributes and a lighter mech, or lesser skills or attributes and a heavier mech.

Also to make character creation a little simpler everyone will be required to buy a skills package either basic or advanced university or advanced academy.

Anyone who needs a copy of the mechwarrior book PM me your email address and I will email a pdf.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Since max closed out his battletech game I'm in.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#15 Post by Diamond_Spear »

Can't wait!

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by Recklessfireball »

Sweet! Sounds good. I have a battered old copy of the 2nd edition rulebook, so no problems there.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#17 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Ready to go! Guess I'll start reading through my battered copy as well.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#18 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Are you going to be using the information in the Mechwarrior Companion as well for 2nd?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by wolfpack »

BuckshotChuck wrote:Are you going to be using the information in the Mechwarrior Companion as well for 2nd?
No we will just be using the standard mechwarrior second edition book.

Once I get a forum I will post character creation rules, they will be slightly different from the book because you won't be choosing a mech you will roll at random and get either a light or medium and no one will be disposed.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#20 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Diamond_Spear, Recklessfireball, and GreyWolfVT, how about if we coordinate for the formation of our lance (got the OK from wolfpack)?

I originally pointed up 3 different types of characters, all of which are Mechwarriors but bring different secondary skills to the table. I was leaning toward a leadership character unless someone else is already going that direction. I also have a comms/tech and a recon/demolitions soldier as backup in case, depending what roles you guys are interested in.

I prefer to have characters cover different roles, so each character can fill their unique niche rather than having say 4 swordsmen and no mental skills in the group.

Also, I just found I've been assigned a Spider.

Return to “Looking for players or games”