Mechwarrior 3025

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Mechwarrior 3025

#21 Post by Recklessfireball »

BuckshotChuck wrote:Diamond_Spear, Recklessfireball, and GreyWolfVT, how about if we coordinate for the formation of our lance (got the OK from wolfpack)?

I originally pointed up 3 different types of characters, all of which are Mechwarriors but bring different secondary skills to the table. I was leaning toward a leadership character unless someone else is already going that direction. I also have a comms/tech and a recon/demolitions soldier as backup in case, depending what roles you guys are interested in.

I prefer to have characters cover different roles, so each character can fill their unique niche rather than having say 4 swordsmen and no mental skills in the group.

Also, I just found I've been assigned a Spider.
Nice! The Spider is a sweet ride!

My guy has the following skills: Gunnery/Mech, Piloting/Mech, Technician/Mech, Leadership, Medtech, Small Arms, and Bureaucracy. I'm piloting a Phoenix Hawk.

Really, my guy is designed around being good at BattleMech combat and most of my points were sunk into making him good at that, though I can serve as an Astech, combat medic or contract negotiator in a pinch (kind of mediocre at anything other than shooting/driving a 'Mech, though).

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by wolfpack »

Just for a little info as you decide your character and background. you will start out as mercs for a unit called Concord's Crusaders with a Contract with the lyran commonwealth side of the federated commonwealth.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#23 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Reckless, I was in the same boat as you, trying to create a jack of all trades so we would have everything covered. I then created a few different types so I could better focus my skill selection, and although still a bit spread out, each better fills a specific role.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#24 Post by Recklessfireball »

I'm curious to see what our two lance mates wind up with.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I planned on just re-making the Ivan character I was playing in the Battletech game.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by wolfpack »

greywolfs character was a NCO grizzled veteran type

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Recklessfireball »

Cool

GreyWolfVT

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Civilian Soldier that essentially follows orders. "Grizzled Veteran" type yup about right.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by wolfpack »

I am still waiting for Tonix to create a forum, I have a bunch of info gathered once the forum is ready

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by Recklessfireball »

Cool. Hopefully, we can get a game going soon. 8-)

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#31 Post by Diamond_Spear »

I was going to go with a " focus on combat" character but that seems like it's covered. What do you guys think about a scrounger/quartermaster type character? Maybe boardering on fast-talking con man? The kind of guy who can not only find missiles in the middle of nowhere but can get them for cheap and make the guy he got them from think he got the better end of the deal.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by wolfpack »

right now fireball and greywolves characters are more geared towards being straight mecharriors.

You guys are free to make whatever you please, you could all just be straight mech warriors with no real secondary skills if you want, I will say I think someone with scoundrel/scout type skills might be helpful.

Your merc unit does have mech techs, although they are slightly understaffed. Normally a lance has 1 tech + 2 astechs per mech (4 mech + 8 astechs total), you lance only has 2 techs + 6 astechs.

the company also has 1 platoon of armor (2 hover tanks) but no aerospace or infantry support.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by wolfpack »

I also still need greywolfs and diamonds d100 and 2d6 rolls to determoinbe their mechs.
Last edited by wolfpack on Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#34 Post by Diamond_Spear »

I should have added that I haven't created a character in at least twenty years so some help/advice would be welcome.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by wolfpack »

Pm me whatever questions you have and I am more than happy to help

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by wolfpack »

Also everyone when using your university/academy package

you have to take the required skill under basic and your mos, but for the remaining skills you can pick skills from any MOS.

if you already made your character adjust as you see fit.

example: basic university gives you 4 skills at level 2 4 skills at level 1.

required skills are small arms, medtech, mech pilot, mech gunnery. the other 4 skills can be from any of the listed skills from any mos.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#37 Post by BuckshotChuck »

The advice in the beginning of the character creation section is spot on with the note regarding importance of intuition, even though it costs double.
If you want a wider variety of skills, stick to the basic university package, which effectively gives you 4 free points. The advanced packages give 5 and 6 free points, with some skills at 3, but less variety.
In my opinion you should shoot for a final target number of no more than 5 for whatever you have as your primary skills without being too focused, though you can do 4s if you stay more focused and have a good ITN without too much trouble.
Scrounger sounds good.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by wolfpack »

Also on page 22 is the master skill list that shows you what characteristic a skill goes against, and page 19 shows you how characteristics are determined and how skill targets are determined using characteristics.

when doing a skill check you roll 2d6 and try to roll higher than your target number. if you are trying to use a skill you don't have you roll 3d6 and take the lowest two numbers.

GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

wolfpack wrote:I also still need greywolfs and diamonds d100 and 2d6 rolls to determoinbe their mechs.
[1d100] = 23
[2d6] = 7

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by wolfpack »

Greywolf you get a Wasp

Return to “Looking for players or games”