Torchbearer/Middarmark?

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Torchbearer/Middarmark?

#1 Post by Marullus »

Just thought I'd restart this conversation again. :)

I'd love if someone was willing to run a Torchbearer campaign.

They just released the Middarmark setting expansion, which looks loads of fun to explore.

Or, for a Sci Fi bent (Aliens, Starship Troopers) they have the Colonial Space Marines hack.

sirravd

Re: Torchbearer/Middarmark?

#2 Post by sirravd »

I would too!

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by ffilz »

Marullus wrote:Just thought I'd restart this conversation again. :)

I'd love if someone was willing to run a Torchbearer campaign.

They just released the Middarmark setting expansion, which looks loads of fun to explore.

Or, for a Sci Fi bent (Aliens, Starship Troopers) they have the Colonial Space Marines hack.
If I didn't already have too many campaigns under way or getting started, I'd consider biting... I did just get Middermark in the mail last week...

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Marullus »

I got mine yesterday. :) Should we just geek out about that? Favorite things in Middarmark?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I haven't seen the Middarmark expansion. Now I'm jealous.

I'm still interested in TB, if anyone was willing to run a game. If one gets started, I promise I will (try) not (to) geek out on all the crunchy bits that I love about the game, and just let it take a narrative flow.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by Ludanto »

I'd be willing to run a game, though I don't have a lot of experience with Torchbearer. Just a couple of one-off games last year.
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Marullus »

We are good experimenting together. :)

If you want the easy version, you can resurrect The Torchbearers of Kroyia (Torchbearer).

It borrowed templates from a successful campaign and was running the stock module. We only got started when the GM dropped. Rusty and I already have PCs and we can roll in others for a restart or continuation.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by Ludanto »

I know people hate starting over all of the time, but I think a fresh start would keep me from being overwhelmed. So I guess new characters would be in order.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Marullus »

New PCs and a new world burn always help to norm a group.

I do recommend stealing the character sheet template, though.

So.... Who's in to play? What's the adventure/world pitch from the GM?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by Ludanto »

Not much of a pitch for the world, I think. Basic, old-school "points of light".

The adventure I had in mind has you hired to search a ruined dwarven temple for a desperately needed alchemical reagent.

jhrrsn
Tracker
Tracker

#11 Post by jhrrsn »

Hello! I'm new here but Torchbearer is one of my favourite systems. If there's a spot for a PC, I'd love to join in :)
Aoife Kearney || Torchbearer: Scoundrels

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

The old "storm a dwarven hold for a desperately needed alchemical reagent" scheme, eh? :P Just kidding. That sounds like a blast. I'm in. I don't mind burning a new character at all.

If you were looking for ease of use, were you thinking of sticking with the basic rule book classes, or were you opening it up? I'm happy either way. FWIW, I don't have a preference for class/race. Whatever is needed.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by Ludanto »

I... guess you can use anything, but I reserve the right to refuse anything too weird. And of course, since I lack the resources, any new rules you'll have to keep track of for yourself.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Marullus »

There's plenty of good stuff without getting wierd. :) Unless someone else is passionate for it, I'd be inclined towards a Human Magician; a thoughtful alchemist from the wizard's tower. (Need someone who understands the antecedents, after all.)

Reprising the Witch is also interesting, but that was requiring a lot more house rulings than we should do in a learning game.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by Ludanto »

I believe the wizard's tower is called (the) Ashen Throne, BTW.

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by shroomofinsanity »

So I literally just made an account because I have been deeply wanting to play a game of TB, and it is a nightmare to make it happen with my friends. I don't have a Middarmark book but will gladly buy one at my first opportunity and I would also be willing to fill in any role with a penchant for perhaps a human cleric or dwarven adventurer as the need arises.

The only thing is I have never done a PbP so if you guys have a slot open I am down but I might need a little help with some of the basics in practice.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by Ludanto »

Welcome, shroomofinsanity! Don't worry about Middarmark. I'm still waiting for my copy, and we won't be playing in that setting right now anyway.

I'm sure everything will be fine.

jhrrsn
Tracker
Tracker

#18 Post by jhrrsn »

Hey TB'ers! I'm all approved as a new user now & ready to post!

If you'll have me I'd be happy taking any character, but my least favourite characters to play are wizards (good news Marullus!).

Warrior or Adventurer would probably be my first picks.
Aoife Kearney || Torchbearer: Scoundrels

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by shroomofinsanity »

So is there some way to start collecting who wants to be what to kinda feel out a party?

Also how many players are you thinking about?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by ffilz »

shroomofinsanity wrote:So is there some way to start collecting who wants to be what to kinda feel out a party?

Also how many players are you thinking about?
Yea, and what rate of posting are you hoping for. I'm definitely interested, but need to balance everything I'm involved in. On the other hand, the stuff I'm playing in has not been requiring much attention from me.

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Return to “Looking for players or games”