Torchbearer/Middarmark?

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Torchbearer/Middarmark?

#101 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

And where does one find that information?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Marullus »

The new forum is located here: Torchbearer: Scoundrels

There are two games on the site that came up with some good templates (the second copies the first):
No Country for Deadbeat Adventurers (Torchbearer)
The Torchbearers of Kroyia (Torchbearer)

As for what to do?

Ludanto needs to go set up some threads for us to start posting in.
  • An OOC thread because we like to banter.
  • A character sheets thread which copies the template from the other forums. (It works pretty well!)
  • A "Session 0: character creation" thread for us to finish up the brainstorming we all started here (and how we're all officially Scoundrels now!)
  • A "Map" thread which holds his map and also tells us the properties of each town (in Torchbearer style)
  • If he wants some kind of "Learning the Rules" thread, we can copy over bits of the Conflicts in Torchbearer thread for reference as we all learn and re-learn together.
  • When he's ready to start the adventure, a "Session 1" thread to kick it off.
As players, we all need to go to the Die Roller and make a new character using Campaign ID: 588. That gives us a way to tag die rolls to the campaign so that Ludanto can see them all. Then we wait for the threads to appear and start chatting. :)

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#103 Post by Ludanto »

Alrighty, things are happening.
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

My character is still in process. Been really busy at home, but I still want to play and will make it happen.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#105 Post by ffilz »

Ludanto wrote:Alrighty, things are happening.
Ok, next I think you need to add us to your forum. The instructions for setting up a forum pinned in the Help forum should get you there.

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#106 Post by ffilz »

Ok, I think I'm set up with dice roller, how do we use it? How can I test it?
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#107 Post by Ludanto »

I figured there must be permissions somewhere. Assuming my spelling didn't fail me, everyone is added.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#108 Post by ffilz »

Ok, so how much do we need the dice roller? I am having no luck actually getting myself set up with it and ready to give up in frustration.

Unfortunately it's starting to sour me on gaming here...

Frank

jhrrsn
Tracker
Tracker

#109 Post by jhrrsn »

I think I'm all signed up, but isn't the easiest system I've ever used... I don't mind learning it if that's the done thing though.

We've used rolz.org before for this sort of thing, e.g. https://rolz.org/dr?room=torchbearer-scoundrels
Aoife Kearney || Torchbearer: Scoundrels

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#110 Post by Ludanto »

Dice Test:

[3d6] = 11 STR

Attack: [1d20] = 9

Nature: [7d6s4] = 6

Well, this system tracks the user and keeps things honest. But then again, I'm just here to serve the players. So, whatever people decide is fine with me.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#111 Post by ffilz »

So what magic do we put in our posts to roll dice (assuming I can get dice roller to work...)

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#112 Post by Ludanto »

OK, so you to to the dice roller (http://www.unseenservant.com/). There's a link in the upper right hand corner of the page.

Click "Roll the dice".

Select your character from the drop-down menu, and then in the text box put:

[Xd6s4]

Where 'X' is the number of dice to roll. '6' is the type of dice, and '4' is the target number to meet or beat.

Then click the gold d20 button.

Copy the text in the "PbP Forum Code" section. (You can usually "triple-click" to easily select all of the text.)

Then just paste it into your post where it's needed.

You can even add other text into the dice roller box for clarification, like "Rolling for Disposition (Fighter + Health) [4d6s4+4]"

Rolling for Disposition (Fighter + Health) [4d6s4+4] = 2+4 = 6

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Marullus »

I recommend just doing [1d6] [1d6] [1d6] as necessary... That way you can see which ones come up sixes as well.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#114 Post by Ludanto »

Ugh. Yeah. Now that you mention it, it might be worthwhile to create a series of d6 macros for your guy. [1d6] and [1d6],[1d6] and [1d6],[1d6],[1d6], etc, just as a shortcut.

jhrrsn
Tracker
Tracker

#115 Post by jhrrsn »

Ahh, it's annoying that the nice macro language doesn't show the individual die results, otherwise it'd be much easier!

All seems to be working though:
[1d6] = 1, [1d6] = 3, [1d6] = 4, [1d6] = 5, [1d6] = 4, [1d6] = 6

We just have to then manually state 4 successes, for example.
Aoife Kearney || Torchbearer: Scoundrels

Return to “Looking for players or games”