Crazy Battletech Idea.....

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Crazy Battletech Idea.....

#21 Post by max_vale »

Coolness.....

Wolfpack: You've got a choice of any Mech thru 35 tons; so basically; any Light Mech model you like, is yours so ANY of the Light Mech choices on your list work; let me know which one you'd like

Starbeard: You've got a choice of any Mech thru 40 tons; so any Light Mech type or any of the lightest Medium types you can choose from (from your List you can choose the Firestarter or Wasp but the Centurion and Wolverine at 55 tons are beyond your reach, sorry.....the 40 toners (Assassin, Cicada, etc.) would work....as would any Light Mech.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by wolfpack »

OK limited to 35 tons I'll go with the jenner for speed and close range firepower.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by max_vale »

Quick minor (well, I think it's minor, you may disagree) thing:

I've house-ruled that there are no MGs on Mechs (or really in use at all anymore, except maybe for some really isolated Periphery worlds); so any MGs on Mechs should be replaced with Small Lasers and the ammo replaced with a Heat Sink.

Also, I limit the number of any 1 type of weapon (with the exception of the Small Laser) to no more than 3 of any 1 kind of weapon on a Light Mech; 4 of any 1 kind of weapon on a Medium Mech; 5 of any 1 kind of weapon on a Heavy Mech; or 6 of any 1 kind of weapon on an Assault Mech.

Primarily I've made these rule changes to prevent the concept of "Laser Boat" mechs which tack on 10 Medium Lasers and a bunch of Heat Sinks and call it a day.

For the Mechs chosen so far; this only changes the Jenner.....please consider it to be 'as is' with the exception of the 4 Medium Lasers being replaced with 2 Medium Lasers, 2 Light Lasers and an 11th Heat Sink. Wolfpack, if you're not cool with that and would like to run a 'variant' that has; say; 3 Medium Lasers and the SRM 4 or some kind of variation; that's totally cool....or if you'd rather run a different kind of Mech after finding this out; please feel free.

(Final note......Please don't stress too much over this as these first Mechs aren't gonna last long and in the future, the Mech options will be more tailored to player's desires.....within reason.....I'm NOT gonna run a game with everyone having an Atlas. :) )

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by wolfpack »

well how about this.

Since it is supposed to have 4 medium, 1 srm-4, 1 ton of ammo (25 shots) (7 tons total)

I have a variant that is 3 medium laser, 1 srm-6, 1 ton ammo (15 shots) (7 tons total)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by max_vale »

That is A-okay with me.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Starbeard »

max_vale wrote:Starbeard: You've got a choice of any Mech thru 40 tons; so any Light Mech type or any of the lightest Medium types you can choose from (from your List you can choose the Firestarter or Wasp but the Centurion and Wolverine at 55 tons are beyond your reach, sorry.....the 40 toners (Assassin, Cicada, etc.) would work....as would any Light Mech.
I'll roll from the list in Technical Readout: 3025 again...

Alright, how about a Clint? The BattleTechWiki page says it's 40 tons and carries one Autocannon/5 (1 ton ammo) and two Medium Lasers.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by max_vale »

Clint it is!

Okay, so we've got a Clint, Jenner and Wasp so far (I'll try and get in touch with Rose and give him a kick in the behind to get in on this today/tomorrow).....

I'm going to have one of you guys be the Lieutenant in charge of the Lance of Mechs; somebody else be a Mechwarior Sergeant (2nd in command) and the other two just regular Mechwarriors....I can do all this randomly or if anyone wants either of the leadership roles, let me know.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well since I went with soldier shouldn't I just be a regular mechwarrior pilot? The Knight should be the Sargent and the Noble is the LT? Then again we don't know what Rose is...
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Starbeard »

I'm happy taking whichever role. My noble is the black sheep of the family. He's just here to ride a 'mech and blow stuff up, he doesn't care about rank.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by max_vale »

Yeah, the 'class' is a social-standing thing; and if this was a House Unit; it's quite possible that the Noble would automatically be given an officer role; but seeing as how you guys are gonna be 'Mercs; it's really just a background thing.

So the 'Soldier' could the LT; or the Noble could.....there may be some grumbling "I have to take orders from a PEASANT?"; but in the unit anyone could take any role.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by wolfpack »

I'll take the LT role

GreyWolfVT

#32 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm fine being a straight up soldier or the Sargent either way.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Ok. I'm poking my head in here for roll call. I'm good with being a grunt.
[1d6] = 2

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by max_vale »

Sorry for the delay folks.....still haven't heard back from Tonixx....and RL has been keeping me hopping!

Okay, so we've got a Noble in Starbeard; a Knight in wolfpack and a couple of Soldiers in Greywolf and Rose.......with Wolfpack being the LT; Greywolf the Sarge and the other 2 the 'regular' mechjocks.....cool deal.

Rose: That 2 you rolled means you have a choice of 4 mechs to choose from for your first (METAGAME HINT: won't last long, so don't sweat it too much) Battlemech:

20 tons: Wasp, Stinger, Locust

25 tons: Commando

The Wasp and Stinger are basically the Battaloid mode of the Veritech fighters from Robotech except they can't transform into a plane; one has a Medium laser (the hand-held Gunpod) and a Twin Short Range Missile launcher (called SRM 2) while the other (the Stinger) has a Medium laser (hand-held gunpod) and a pair of Light Lasers (think .50 cal machine guns, but in laser form). Both are fast, lightly armored and can 'jump' (they have jets in the feet and back that allow for 'leaps and very short, semi-guided 'flight') a good distance.

The Locust kinda looks like a 'road-runner' and doesn't really have arms; just two weapon pods (either Light lasers or SRM-2 launchers depending on the model) and a Medium Laser in the Central 'torso-head' section. It's VERY FAST but does not Jump and has SLIGHTLY more armor than the Wasp and Stinger.

The Commando is another humanoid Mech with some heavy firepower in the form of an SRM-6 and SRM-4 launchers in one arm and the torso and a Medium Laser in the other arm. It's slighlty heavier than the other 3 kind of Mechs listed above, which means more armor.....and it's as fast as the Wasp and Stinger but can't Jump. Also, it's weapons payload means it can run 'hot' if all are fired at the same time.

I know a lot of that probably doesn't mean much; but I'll chat with you about more details.....if you like, just google 'Locust Mech'; 'Commando' mech, etc. and see which picture grabs you. :)

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by wolfpack »

here is alink to the 3025 readout if you want to look up any mechs.

ftp://york.chatterweb.net.ru/Battletech ... 203025.pdf

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by wolfpack »

are we going to be a lance in a merc regtiment or company? or will be just be our own lance size merc unit.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Zhym »

Did you ever make it to the old Battletech center in the 90s? The one in Chicago with the mech cockpits? There might have been others as far as I know. It was great, but expensive.

I don't know much about the PnP game, but I played the heck out of one of the old PC Battletech (or Mechwarrior?) games back in the day.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Starbeard »

I never did, but we often spoke about it in reverent whispers, and spread wild rumors about friends of friends who had gone and lived to tell the tale.

GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I never did

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by wolfpack »

well looks like I am about to get kille din one game so hopefully this one can get up and running soon.

Return to “Looking for players or games”