An Ancient Roleplayer looking for a Labyrinth (Lord Game)

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

An Ancient Roleplayer looking for a Labyrinth (Lord Game)

#1 Post by Valdus »

I am an old red box warrior looking for a Labyrinth (Lord game). Who knows if I get into it I may just buy a hard copy of the rules.

Growing up with Moldvay, I hear that is the closest thing to what I once knew.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: An Ancient Roleplayer looking for a Labyrinth (Lord Game

#2 Post by Bloodaxe »

Im a huge LL fan. PDf is free. Rules are worth it. Im a Moldvay guy myself (PA here). Its pretty close to it. There is a Borderlands game going now, they might let you join.

viewforum.php?f=433

PM Spartakos if interested.
Last edited by Bloodaxe on Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

There is LL Basic and LL Advanced. I believe they correspond to the D&D Basic and 1E Advanced. I'm not a scholar though.

Marullus is running a LL Basic sandbox here: viewforum.php?f=353
Anyone can enter, any time and get in an adventure. He's increased XP so character advancement is fast through the first few levels.

dmw71 (Dave) is running a LL Basic megadungeon here: viewforum.php?f=357
We are currently in town, heading back to the dungeon soon. We have only seen the 1st level of the dungeon so far and all of us are still level 1. I believe Dave'd be open to more PCs if you ask.

Both are games are nice. Using the same rule set but with different house rules give each their own flavor.

panglott
Scout
Scout

#4 Post by panglott »

Hi, I'm also looking to join a LL game. My IRL groups only play Pathfinder and 5e, and I want to play OSR, especially LL. I haven't done play-by-post before, but I do a lot of turn-based board games and log moves every night. I've been reading the Dave's MegaDungeon forum.

But since I'm newly-registered, apparently I can't post or PM.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by rredmond »

Hi panglott!

You need two moderated posts to PM and post with impugnity... well maybe not impugnity, but posting without needing a Moderator to approve. And hey, this is the first post, so your well on your way!! After your second post you should be able to PM.

Welcome! You are in the right place that digs the OSR and LL like you do. I hope you find a game soon.

Be well,
--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#6 Post by dmw71 »

Rusty Tincanne wrote: dmw71 (Dave) is running a LL Basic megadungeon here: viewforum.php?f=357
We are currently in town, heading back to the dungeon soon. We have only seen the 1st level of the dungeon so far and all of us are still level 1. I believe Dave'd be open to more PCs if you ask.
Valdus and/or panglott, the group in my game is currently between adventures, so now would be a good time to jump on in if you're interested. The only expectation is that you're able to keep up with the daily posting rate.

Feel free to check it out and let me know if you're interested: Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL).
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by hedgeknight »

Here is the link to Marullus' LL Sandbox game The North Marches:

viewforum.php?f=353

It's a fantastic setting and Marullus is an amazing DM > lots of players and characters and there are 2 or 3 expeditions that need another player (or two).

Come on in!
Winter is coming...

Return to “Looking for players or games”