The Sleep of the Dead

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
[dungeonmaster]
Squire
Squire

The Sleep of the Dead

#1 Post by [dungeonmaster] »

Exhaustion has finally pushed you to your limits. Your head feels as though it has fallen through the floor... a myriad of colors and sounds fill the starry void of unconsciousness...

The world around you swirls into focus. The dense fog in your brain lifts and you can start to make some sense of your surroundings. You are in a room... Its warm and dry... Almost too dry. Your nose and eyes sting. Your tongue is dry. You can feel the presence of a few other occupants in the shadowy corners of the cube shaped room. The floor and ceiling are dry stone. There are piles of dusty hay along the edges of the walls. Three of the rooms walls are thick stone cobbles. The fourth is a wall of latticed iron bars... You know from previous experience that this is some sort of prison cell! A long corridor extends to the left and right of your cell door. There is torch light in the hall but you cannot see its source. What you CAN see is a small table and chair just out of reach. Resting on the table is a large metal tankard and a coiled leather whip!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: The Sleep of the Dead

#2 Post by dmw71 »

Interesting setup, [dungeonmaster]. And welcome!

What other details about the game can you provide?
  • What rule system or edition are you planning on using?
  • What levels will the characters be?
  • What is the expected posting rate?
  • Etc...
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

[dungeonmaster]
Squire
Squire

#3 Post by [dungeonmaster] »

This will be a modified version od oldschool DnD and will be suplementary to an actual tabletop game i have going!

I will be working with 5-7 players who will post their character actions followed by a d20 roll.
I will determine success and story progression based on how descriptive the player actions are and what they rolled.

I feel this medium will serve as the best way to force player interaction and thoughtful problem solving skills.
There is great potential for players when they can take time to think things through and use imagination without the pressures and constraints of conventional gaming.

This space represents a "dreamworld" atmosphere (think nightmare on elmstreet) where the players are all forced into a dream scenario that focuses more on character development rather than actual game mechanics.

I will review posts 3 times daily and progress the storyline during each of those intervals.
My players will all start an acct and join the game.
If this works well, i will be open to host more games and keep my own creative juices going :D

Cheers and thank you sir!

[dungeonmaster]
Squire
Squire

#4 Post by [dungeonmaster] »

did my last reply go through?.. i cant see it anywhere...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by rredmond »

Your first two posts are moderated on Unseen Servant. It's an anti-spam measure.
From now on you should be good to go!
Welcome to the forums!!!
--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Lailoken
Squire
Squire

#6 Post by Lailoken »

Hi there - I'm new to d&d (one 2e pbp campaign under my belt) but interested. in joining

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by rredmond »

Welcome Lailoken!
--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Return to “Looking for players or games”