Gathering interest - Lords of Darkness (AD&D 2nd ed)

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

Gathering interest - Lords of Darkness (AD&D 2nd ed)

#1 Post by SilverBen »

Players of 2nd edition AD&D, please respond or contact me in character by email with your interest in playing this mini-adventure from Lords of Darkness (ISBN-13: 978-0880386227).

Several temples in the local villages have been desecrated. Grave robbers are suspected of unearthing the tombs and strewing bones around the cemetery. Only one cemetery in the area remains untouched. Father Hannes hires you and your party to guard the temple, its caretakers, and graveyard. He begs you, "Prevent this sacrilege from occurring under my service! You shall surely challenge any trespassers and be prepared to capture any one resisting your authority here. But I urge you not to use lethal force."
The village cemeteries in the area are being disturbed, not by grave robbers, but by the magical powers of Kendra, a madwoman with the ability to animate the skeletal dead. Recently, she has wandered in the local village. A few days ago, one of the caretakers chased her away from the temple grounds. Tonight, in the cover of darkness, Kendra visits the cemetery, will raise the dead near midnight, and turn her wrath against the temple staff who live in the nearby buildings.

Joined by the dead of the mausoleum vaults within the temple, the skeletons will slay the living and desecrate the temple unless heroic actions prevent them from doing so. Kendra will remain in the area for 1d6+1 days and repeat her attempt each night after being defeated and escaping.

• Party size: (average) three to six characters
  • Average character level: 2.5
  • Danger level: High
  • Terrain: Country temple and burial grounds with many obstacles

Objectives (and Rewards):
  1. Survive Kendra's siege of the temple (up to 100 XP each character)
  2. Kill Kendra after 1d6+1 nights of attempts (up to 200 XP each character)
  3. Protect the Temple staff, the edifice, and its burial grounds from damage (up to 500 XP each character)
  4. Drive Kendra away from the Temple after 1d6+1 nights of attempts (up to 850 XP each character)
  5. Capture Kendra alive and turn her into the temple authorities after 1d6+1 nights of attempts (up to 2,000 XP each character)
Father Hannes pays you each 30sp each for the week of guard duty. He gives you a tour of the temple premises and the sun begins to set for the day. Map will be provided.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Gathering interest - Lords of Darkness (AD&D 2nd ed)

#2 Post by Storm11 »

Is it starting at 2nd level, half way to third does that mean, or from 2nd to 5th level of play? Thanks
Greys Campaign.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by SilverBen »

Thanks for your interest and yes, that's perfect. I need to reach out to the admins to set up the game forum for me.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by SilverBen »

2nd level, half way to 3rd

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rex »

I am interested. Would it be just Players Handbook or would there be other options (Kits etc.)?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by rredmond »

Welcome Rex!
--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#7 Post by SilverBen »

Rex wrote:I am interested. Would it be just Players Handbook or would there be other options (Kits etc.)?
Great to have you, Rex.

Generally, any of the 2nd edition published books are usable. I only request that you cite the published book so that I and others unfamiliar with the rule you are referencing can find it.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by SilverBen »

I requested the site admin create a game campaign and assign me to the DM role. We are making progress. Stay tuned for more updates

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by wolfpack »

Any openings left?

RGriebling
Squire
Squire

#10 Post by RGriebling »

Good day!

I'm here and ready. Ben, let me know what you have in mind next.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by rredmond »

Welcome RGriebling!!
SilverBen seems to have brought his own security detail with him... should we worry?? ;)

Welcome all, looks like everyone will have a good time!
--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by SilverBen »

wolfpack wrote:Any openings left?

Yes, I'm awaiting the campaign forum to be created. Then, ill post the link here and ask you introduce your character in game. Ill reach out again to the admin ToniXx

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#13 Post by dmw71 »

Here you go:
viewforum.php?f=502
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by SilverBen »

Thanks very much! Another satisfied customer!!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#15 Post by dmw71 »

SilverBen wrote:Thanks very much! Another satisfied customer!!
ToniXX is pretty awesome that way.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rex »

Is 502 the number I use to link the roller to the forum when I get around to it?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#17 Post by dmw71 »

Rex wrote:Is 502 the number I use to link the roller to the forum when I get around to it?
Nope.

The Campaign Id that you're talking about will come from the die roller once the DM creates a campaign in it. For instance, the URI to my game is: viewforum.php?f=[ooc]357[/ooc], but the Campaign ID my players use is 423, not 357 (which, again, comes from the campaign I created in the die roller).
-- Project --
-- DM --

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#18 Post by SilverBen »

Thanks Rex and Dave (DMW17), I am working on setting up the game topics and have not explored the dice roller yet. I planned to allow players to roll their own dice to get the game started soon.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by SilverBen »

RGriebling wrote:Good day!

I'm here and ready. Ben, let me know what you have in mind next.
RGriebling, the game folder is posted named "A Graveyard Vigil"

Looking forward to meeting your character. Please try to remain in character as much as possible, add Out of Game comments using the OOG tags or separated by (OOG: ) parentheses and OOG for text only posts

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by SilverBen »

wolfpack wrote:Any openings left?
Wolf pack, yes, the game folder is posted named "A Graveyard Vigil"

Looking forward to meeting your character. Please try to remain in character as much as possible, add Out of Game comments using the OOG tags or separated by (OOG: ) parentheses and OOG for text only posts

Return to “Looking for players or games”