Rebirth of Power Reboot: GURPS LFM Players (hero)

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Rebirth of Power Reboot: GURPS LFM Players (hero)

#1 Post by Rukellian »

Hello everyone! This is Ruke, just popping my head out again and looking to try my hand at GMing once more.

I am going to attempt a reboot of the Rebirth of Power game that I finished on this forum some time ago. This time, the superhero/villain themed game will be run in the GURPS system.

I have the free downloadable PDF of the Lite version of the rules if anyone wants to pick up this game and see if its for you: viewtopic.php?f=264&t=4654

If, after reading through it, you are interested in giving this game system a go, I highly suggest you purchase the full Core Rule book from Steven Jackson Games. The one book is all you need for making characters in this game, everything else is supplementary, or in other words, optional. If you do not feel comfortable buying the whole book, but just want to use the Lite version, know that the Lite version is limited in its character creation. I can fill in the gaps and help supply you with missing information if you talk about what you want in your character, but know that it will be a lengthy process.

It will be a casual 2-3 times a week sort of deal for posting rate. I try to keep my Gurps GMing style flexible. I run a very simplified version of Gurps. I don't get too heavy into the modifiers and hard math behind everything. If you pass a skill roll, you are successful. Simple as that for most cases in my games. I will probably go into other details later as questions rise up during character creation.

For more information on the background history I will be drawing from, check out the completed Rebirth of Power game shown here: viewtopic.php?f=111&t=3176 and here viewtopic.php?f=111&t=2266

I have one person on board right now, and am looking for a few more players. If you need more info, feel free to ask via public post or PM. Thanks!

-Rukellian
Last edited by Rukellian on Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Rebirth of Power Reboot: GURPS, looking for more

#2 Post by Zhym »

Ooh ooh ooh! Can I bring S.C.A.M.P. back online?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I see no reason why not my character gets to return :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rukellian »

Welcome aboard you two.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Rebirth of Power Reboot: GURPS [Waitlist open]

#5 Post by Rukellian »

It sounds like I've got a solid group now, based off of those who've PM'd me interest. If you are interested in trying out Gurps, or a super-themed game, feel free to let me know here. I will put you on my Waitlist for this game. If there is an opening at some point in the future (player drops out, character dies...), the first one on the list can fill in.

Current Waitlist:

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Rebirth of Power Reboot: GURPS [Waitlist open]

#6 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:It sounds like I've got a solid group now, based off of those who've PM'd me interest. If you are interested in trying out Gurps, or a super-themed game, feel free to let me know here. I will put you on my Waitlist for this game. If there is an opening at some point in the future (player drops out, character dies...), the first one on the list can fill in.

Current Waitlist:
I'D like to play!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Rebirth of Power Reboot: GURPS LFM Players (hero)

#7 Post by Rukellian »

There is room for more in this super-themed game of GURPS. We have two heroes and two villains and more are certainly welcome!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rukellian »

The super hero and villain game, Rebirth of Power is still a go, but we need another hero! One of our players dropped out due to a new work schedule and cannot continue, so the position for a hero is now open. With the Gurps system, you can make any kind of character you want. If you are not familiar with the Gurps system, we have a free pdf that can give you the basics on it, and I am more than willing to help with the creation process.

Send a PM or reply here if you're interested!

-Ruke

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#9 Post by BuckshotChuck »

I have minimal older GURPS experience, but would enjoy getting in on a Super Hero game. Would you prefer someone take over the abandoned character, or introduce a new one?

Either way, I'll do some catch up reading this weekend to see what's going on, whether or not approved for joining :)
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rukellian »

Old Gurps experience is better than none. I am working with 4e right now so if you used to build 2e or 3e characters, there will be a considerable difference in a few areas of character creation.

Consider yourself on board, and thanks for responding! You are free to make your own character, or pick up on the current one, Scamp, if you are so inclined.

The link below will take you to a safe download for the Gurps Lite pdf on 4e character creation, as well as a character sheet template you can use if you wish.
viewtopic.php?f=264&t=4654

Return to “Looking for players or games”