looking for games

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

looking for games

#1 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Anyone live in/near High Point NC? OR anyone running a PBEM/skype? (am trying to learn pbp)

shadowrun 1/2/3/4 have not played 5th
rifts
marvel supers
D&D 2/3/3.5 have not played 5th
gurps
heroes unlimited
pathfinder

"I didn't poison the food I put food in the poison & you ate it"
Last edited by NINJA_HUNTER on Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: looking for games

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I believe Dave (dmw71) was trying to round people up for a skype game. Here was his recruiting post viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6327
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by dmw71 »

I was, yes.

I'm still interested in running live games (either Skype, or potentially Roll20), but my time is a lot more limited now that I restarted my play-by-post game.

If there's ever a spike in interest in a live game, I could probably get something prepared with some notice, but it's not something I'm actively going to pushing.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#4 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

dmw71 wrote:I was, yes.

I'm still interested in running live games (either Skype, or potentially Roll20), but my time is a lot more limited now that I restarted my play-by-post game.

If there's ever a spike in interest in a live game, I could probably get something prepared with some notice, but it's not something I'm actively going to pushing.
OK i can do play by email or skype whenever your ready as long as its a system im familiar with. thanks

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by Alethan »

NINJA_HUNTER wrote:
dmw71 wrote:I was, yes.

OK i can do play by email or skype whenever your ready as long as its a system im familiar with. thanks
Ninja_Hunter,

Just so you know, Dave's Skype games are a bit of an anomaly here.

Pretty much every other game here is all Play-By-Post on this forum. Not saying you won't find that sort of game (or I suppose a play by email game?) here, but... the likelihood of finding a Play-By-Post game that takes place here on the forum is significantly more likely. Like... 95% more likely.

Cheers,

Al
Site Moderator
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#6 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

thanks AL by the way i like your icon from atari 2600's adventure game ^^

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rukellian »

Ninja Hunter... did I read correctly and notice that you are interested in gurps? I was hoping to do a reboot of my super heroes game on this site using the gurps system, but not many people here have the rulebooks or time to relearn the system, from what I gathered that is.

If you don't mind small groups, and if another person with a rulebook shows interest, I wouldn't mind reserving a spot for you, if your interested of course.

-Rukellian

Edit*
All of my games are strictly PbP on this site. I don't dabble much in Skype sessions either. Geographically, I'm not close. Sorry!
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#8 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:Ninja Hunter... did I read correctly and notice that you are interested in gurps? I was hoping to do a reboot of my super heroes game on this site using the gurps system, but not many people here have the rulebooks or time to relearn the system, from what I gathered that is.

If you don't mind small groups, and if another person with a rulebook shows interest, I wouldn't mind reserving a spot for you, if your interested of course.

-Rukellian

Edit*
All of my games are strictly PbP on this site. I don't dabble much in Skype sessions either. Geographically, I'm not close. Sorry!

yes id be interested- just pm/email the particulars

katefan
Squire
Squire

#9 Post by katefan »

Have you played pbems before. I run a super hero pbem called Science City, it has a collection of experienced players, some of whom I've known for twenty years. It's a friendly group and I am always looking for fresh blood because that helps to stimulate the game. Below is a link to the game's web site, and as a bonus there is a link to the game's promo video to give you a feel for what you can expect.

https://science-city.obsidianportal.com/

https://youtu.be/U0rgQsNH4iU

Return to “Looking for players or games”