Skype Game (LL): Date TBD

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Skype Game (LL): Date TBD

#1 Post by dmw71 »

I just wrapped up the second Skype session for a 1e game I've been running for a couple of the moderators here... and it's been pretty successful (the session; not necessarily the group :)). My preference, however, would be to run a game using the BX rules (or LL, if enough interested players don't have the official Moldvay rules), so I thought I'd throw out a post to see if there would be interested players.

Currently, the moderator group is playing every other week on Thursday nights, so I'm thinking I could run a second group on the alternating weeks.

The sessions are video calls, and I've been recording them (though, this recording for this second session was a massive failure and only recorded my window), so interested players would need to:
  • Be able to perform video calls (a simple built-in webcam and mic on a laptop is fine -- it's what I use), and
  • Be willing to be recorded.
The moderator sessions have been uploaded to YouTube as private, which is fine, but, interested parties willing, I'm hoping to post these new sessions publicly.

The next scheduled moderator game is scheduled for Thursday, February 16th. I don't have anything formally planned for this game I'm proposing (aside from the ruleset), but I might be able to get something basic ready for next Thursday, February 9th (otherwise, maybe three Thursdays from now (02/23). Or, I suppose, it doesn't have to be on Thursday nights, but it would be helpful for me to just peg that as my game night each week.

If anyone's interested, definitely let me know.

- Dave
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Skype Game: BX (LL)

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I was interested up until the video and recorded part... I have no issues with my voice being recorded but not on video...that and my ISP sucks when I do video chat voice appears to have less issues. So yes I am interested however there are a few items that I would not be willing to do Dave...
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:I was interested up until the video and recorded part...
I've been watching a lot of live game sessions on YouTube lately and would like to begin adding my contributions as well.

After recording the two sessions that I have so far, and watching them and rewatching them, I find it really helpful to identify areas of improvement (of which there are many). I'll update here if my plans change, or if I eventually add an audio-only game, but my goal is to shoot for a live video game.
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

dmw71 wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:I was interested up until the video and recorded part...
I've been watching a lot of live game sessions on YouTube lately and would like to begin adding my contributions as well.

After recording the two sessions that I have so far, and watching them and rewatching them, I find it really helpful to identify areas of improvement (of which there are many). I'll update here if my plans change, or if I eventually add an audio-only game, but my goal is to shoot for a live video game.
If down the road I can get a better ISP so that video is not laggy I may reconsider, (despite my dislike of being on camera) ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:(despite my dislike of being on camera)
Ha! I'm right there with you. I used a new tool last night to record our session, and apparently it records everyone in the call in one stream, and just my call in a separate stream. I thought I did something completely wrong because I went to watch the recording and only saw myself, for the entire time. That wasn't good for anyone.

Thankfully I found the whole group recording and was able to upload it instead.
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by rredmond »

dmw71 wrote:I just wrapped up the second Skype session for a 1e game I've been running for a couple of the moderators here... and it's been pretty successful (the session; not necessarily the group :)).
Oi! I resemble that remark! :)
As my signature on one of the forums says, if you aren't coming back to town dragging mostly dead party-mates, then it wasn't a good game. :lol:
--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by hedgeknight »

Sounds like a cool idea...and I have no experience at all about playing via video...so, of course, I'd like to try it :mrgreen:
I'd be up for a game on 2/23.
Winter is coming...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#8 Post by dmw71 »

hedgeknight wrote:I'd be up for a game on 2/23.
Awesome. That's the date I'll shoot for instead of rushing for this upcoming Thursday.

Ideally, there will be at least two or three more players that agree to join before then since my plans involve a good, old-fashioned dungeon crawl which might be tricky for a 3d6 in order solo adventurer! :D

I'm going to request that Greg set us up with a forum for the game where character sheets can be posted and maintained.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Skype Game: BX (LL): Thursday, September 23, 2017

#9 Post by dmw71 »

dmw71 wrote:I'm going to request that Greg set us up with a forum for the game where character sheets can be posted and maintained.
This is done: Dave's Skype Game (LL).

I was thinking about this over the weekend and decided to go with the freely available Labyrinth Lord rules instead of the official BX rules (and, no, the Advanced Edition Companion rules will not be used). I plan to play largely by-the-book, but I am working on a few house rules which I'll be posting soon.

The first game is being targeted for Thursday, September 23, 2017, beginning at ~7:30pm (CST).

Now, to get some players.
-- Project --
-- DM --

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Skype Game: BX (LL): Thursday, September 23, 2017

#10 Post by ToniXX »

dmw71 wrote:The first game is being targeted for Thursday, September 23, 2017, beginning at ~7:30pm (CST).
I might be interested, but I can't wait this long to play! Do you mean February?
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Skype Game: BX (LL): Thursday, February 23, 2017

#11 Post by dmw71 »

ToniXX wrote:
dmw71 wrote:The first game is being targeted for Thursday, September 23, 2017, beginning at ~7:30pm (CST).
I might be interested, but I can't wait this long to play! Do you mean February?
D'oh!

Yes. Lol. Updating.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Skype Game: BX (LL): Date TBD

#12 Post by dmw71 »

Two players really isn't enough (especially when one can't make it), so tonight's session won't be happening.

I'll leave this open, and if there's enough interest for a future date, I'll get something scheduled.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Looking for players or games”