Traveller Play-By-Post roll20/discord

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Canso
Squire
Squire

Traveller Play-By-Post roll20/discord

#1 Post by Canso »

I apologize in advance for advertising a game from another site here, but I started it there and finding players seems like asking for a chicken sandwich in a vegan restaurant. My feelings won't be hurt if a mod feels the need to delete this as off topic.

For the game I am going to run:

I am looking for at least four, but as many as eight, players for a play-by-post game of Mongoose Traveller 2e. The game will be set in a rough interpretation of The Expanse universe (I have seen S1 of the television show, but not made my way through all the books yet) slightly before the 'Eros Incident,' but after the destruction of the Canterbury.

New players are welcome, and it may be important to know that I am also relatively new with this system. I have played some play-by-post, but this will be my first time running one.

The game will be text based, either completely on roll20, or on roll20/discord TBD. If there is any combat complex enough to require a battle mat, we'll use roll20.

Leaving posts with action or dialog will allow for asynchronous play, but this isn't without its downsides. Initially, I intend to try running the game without an out-of-combat initiative order, so there is definitely potential that players that are online more often will be dictating more of the action, but we can handle that if it becomes a problem. Typing, combined with the slower pace of gameplay may encourage shy players to explore their character and interact with other characters more than they might in a real-time game.

If you are interested but unfamiliar with the setting the gist of it is (as far as I know): roughly 200 years in the future, Mars has been colonized and achieved its independence. People live in the asteroid belt harvesting resources, but they are oppressed and feeling rebellious. Combined with Earth, these three factions are experiencing an uneasy peace, that could be shattered at any moment, which has been further exacerbated by the destruction of the Canterbury, a ship hauling ice to supply water to stations in the Belt. There aren't aliens that anyone knows of, but technology is slightly more advanced than today. However, while there are efficient space-drives allowing more rapid transport through the system, there are no transporters, faster than light travel, etc.

If interested, the LFG page is at:

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/6804 ... ay-by-post

Thanks!

Return to “Looking for players or games”