Al-Qadim Game AD&D 2e - [Closed]

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Al-Qadim Game AD&D 2e - [Closed]

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Just a general throw it out there and see what happens question. I've been thinking about Al-Qadim and more than likely running or even playing in one that is set back in the 1st or 2nd Edition of AD&D however I would like to see if there is much interest out there in the Unseen Servant community that would even be interested in this?

If I ran a game in the Al-Qadim setting are there any suggestions as to where people would like to start? ALQ1 - ALQ4?
ALQ1 - Golden Voyages Campaign
ALQ2 - Assassin Mountain
ALQ3 - A Dozen & One Adventures Is the campaign we are running with to Start
ALQ4 - Secrets of the Lamp

Or I have some others such as follows
Caravans Campaign
Cities of Bone Campaign
City of Delights Campaign
Corsairs of the Great Sea Campaign
Land of Fate Campaign
Reunion Adventure
Ruined Kingdoms Campaign

Correct me if I listed anything incorrectly but I have a all of the above plus the Monstrous Compendium for Al-Qadim and the Arabian Adventures books all in pdf form. Plus this isn't set in stone I'm just generally getting an idea that if someone were to create a game to gauge interest, and get some ideas of where everyone (if anyone expresses interest) would like to start out adventure/campaign wise.

So please post away and let me know so I can see where we are at. Also I'd like to know what edition is more preferred for this AD&D 1e or 2e?

Edit: Also if there is a decent amount of interest 6-8 players I may start this off here in February 2017 no later than March.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:01 am, edited 9 times in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: General Interest Check - Al-Qadim Game AD&D 1e or 2e?

#2 Post by max_vale »

I'm in.....if you don't mind a post or two a week rate.

I LOVE the Al-Qadim setting and I'd vote for 2nd Edition (but I'm cool with 1st as well) and my preference is for the Dozen and One Adventures campaign....but any of them work for me.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#3 Post by Scott308 »

I'm not familiar with Al- Qadim, but would be interested in playing. Right now wouldn't work, but February or March might, so that's good.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by ravenn4544 »

always interested in 1e/2e game. Never played this campaign before.

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well if this helps anyone that hasn't heard of the Al-Qadim setting to be straight forward it's the Arabian Nights type setting for old school D&D I think they also converted it to the new versions as well. Here is a url that maybe helpdful to get an idea of what it is and they have links to some of the source books. http://www.al-qadim.com/ and of course there are the wiki's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qadim & http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Al-Qadim
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Scott308

#6 Post by Scott308 »

That sounds awesome! I'm definitely in. I am fine with any of the adventures being run. I like the idea of an alternate D&D setting, especially based on real world areas like this or Oriental Adventures from 1st edition (would love to see somebody run this someday).
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scott308 wrote:That sounds awesome! I'm definitely in. I am fine with any of the adventures being run. I like the idea of an alternate D&D setting, especially based on real world areas like this or Oriental Adventures from 1st edition (would love to see somebody run this someday).
You know there is a community I'm in on Google Plus with a group that have run some game sessions of Oriental Adventures Scott you might see if they plan to run a game anytime soon. Here take a look: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 1357979483
Also same guy that created that community has one for Al-Qadim on G+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 2611816436

But anyways Peter on there is the same guy that pointed out to me that there is a Mayan Aztec setting as well called Maztica : http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Maztica

I like Al-Qadim and OA never would be too upset if someone wanted to run any of the two I'd love to give Maztica a run as well. Granted figured since I am more familiar with Al-Qadim I'd start there. Also figured I'd share word of the other setting never know who doesn't know this stuff right?

At any rate still seeing what we have for interested parties out there I'll keep this interest check open until January and see where we are at then plan on getting something setup to start running hopefully unless something comes up in February at the earliest unless everyone interested is ready before then. Granted I'd love to be the player but heck we'll go with me DMing for now unless someone else speaks up and wants to run the show.

Thanks everyone.

Updated List
So far we have:

Interested:
GreyWolfVT (Obviously)
max_vale
Scott308
ravenn4544
Dram
Cwreando
Computer +1
Bluehorse

Waitlisted:
hedgeknight
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Scott308

#8 Post by Scott308 »

Cool! I'll have to check those out. Thank you.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Dram »

I am intersted in playing. If you will have me. :D
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Cwreando »

I'm interested in playing if there is room and you can put up with me. :o)

I've played more 2e but I'm ok with either. I'm flexible on the starting campaign as well.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Cwreando wrote:I'm interested in playing if there is room and you can put up with me. :o)

I've played more 2e but I'm ok with either. I'm flexible on the starting campaign as well.
Updated to include Dram and Cweando in the list of interested players.

So far based on what everyone has say this very likely will be plated in AD&D 2nd Edition. If anyone needs any of the materials please let me know I have no qualms sharing via my google drive. Just because Al-Qadim does offer some different than normal classes and races, Also so far only one specific campaign was mentioned/suggested which would have everyone starting off around level 1-2. What does everyone really want? A lower level game(levels 1-5)? or a mid level game (levels 6-11)? Upper level game (Levels 12 +)?

Just to further see what we might be best running and so forth.

also FYI keeping this open until mid January possibly end of January 2017, to allow more folks time to express interest and so we can discuss some things before the game gets going.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by hedgeknight »

If I wasn't already slammed with games (that I'm having trouble keeping up with) I would sign on. The Arabian theme of this campaign has always appealed to me, so much so, I signed on to help with the design of a series of adventures published several years ago by Wolfgang Baur who now runs Kobold Press.
I will lurk along, and should most of my characters get killed off in the next couple of months, I'll jump on board the waitlist :D
Winter is coming...

GreyWolfVT

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Noted and added as a waitlisted player hedgeknight lurking is always welcome :)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by max_vale »

As a rare 2e fan....YAY!

As for which level we start at; it makes no real difference to me; I'm cool with whatever. I'm thinking of maybe playing as some kind of Sailor/Corsair Fighter/Thief type....but I'm flexible and happy to play any role needed.

Looking forward to this; thanks for running it Greywolf!

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by Computer +1 »

I would like to play in this game.

GreyWolfVT

#16 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Computer +1 wrote:I would like to play in this game.
Added you to the interested list. :D

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by Computer +1 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
Computer +1 wrote:I would like to play in this game.
Added you to the interested list. :D

Awesome, thank you!

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by Cwreando »

I'd love to see a campaign that progress from 1-2 up to the higher levels 10+ And higher, but that may not be realistic. Ultimately I'm ok however we start.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Cwreando wrote:I'd love to see a campaign that progress from 1-2 up to the higher levels 10+ And higher, but that may not be realistic. Ultimately I'm ok however we start.
There is good possibility of that most of these either don't state a starting level, some that do indicate they are meant to start at level 1-2 others say it is up to the DM, one was so open it mentioned something about meant for levels 1-11 and one other said levels 1-20... it's fairly open ended.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Dram »

I like building up my characters from the lower levels. I will need to look the possible character classes please.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Return to “Looking for players or games”