In The Marches (Traveller) [Closed to New Applicants]

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: In The Marches (Traveller) [Re-opened]

#21 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:Hello Eris,

I am interested in joining your game.

In order to bid for selection I would add I am a seasoned (if somewhat rusty) Traveller player but with a background in the AHL/Striker style rather than Classic mode.

However, more than happy to adapt if you'll have me!

Tiglath
Hey, Tiglath!

Sure, as I said we're looking for 2 or 3 more players and if you want to give it a go we'll be happy to have you. Come over to In The Marches and look it over if you haven't.

I'll add you to the list over there right now.

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by Eris »

viewtopic.php?f=420&t=6535

Would anyone be interested in playing one of the four NPC's?

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

bluekieran2
Runner
Runner

#23 Post by bluekieran2 »

Hi Eris, do you have room for another player?
Into The Marches: Joe Whistler, 7B9378, 30, Army Captain, (3 terms).
Rifle-2, SMG-2, Vacc Suit-1, Brawling-1, Gunnery-1, Mechanic-1, Recon-1.
10,000 cr, SMG.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by rredmond »

bluekieran2 wrote:Hi Eris, do you have room for another player?
Welcome aboard Kieran!
--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by Eris »

You bet!

Go read the intro at the top of this thread: you'll be playing a PC recently demobilized Navy/Marine/Army, but your career could have been in something else (Scouts, Merchants, Other, etc) and got drafted when the 4th Frontier War broke out. You spent the war in a low berth being shipped out toward the front. By the time you arrived the war was over and the Imperium didn't want to spend the money to bring you back, so they demobilized you and thousands more on Regina and a number of other worlds in the Spinward Marches. You got a jumpsuit and 1000 credits and good wishes from the Emperor. Now you're looking for work and maybe some adventure!

Roll using Classic Traveller Book 1 and/or Supplement 4 or get the Cepheus Engine for "pay what you want." Max of 5 terms in a career, max of 1 benefit roll when you are demobed.

The current scenario has the PC's being hired by Lady Jane to go to Ruie and search for her MIA husband. She and the party have reason to believe he is alive and being held by a local group called the Luzan, but no one has gotten any info on just what the Luzan are here on Regina. She has hired the current group and a few more (those joining now) and is ferrying you to Ruie on her yacht under the pretext of a "hunting party." Just to let you know, Gun Combat skills are definitely called for from any new PC's.

The current group are doing this mission, in part, because they think they can get a down payment for a ship out of the job. The General Manager of Ling Standard Products is a good friend of Lady Jane and has already told them he'll give them a deep discount on a used ship if they can help her out.

bluekieran2 is the 3rd new player signing up and another fellow has contacted me privately saying he wants in. If we get 4 new players that will take us up to 8 and I don't want more than 8 active players. So, if everyone who says they want to join actually shows up I'll be closing the game to applications again.

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

bluekieran2
Runner
Runner

#26 Post by bluekieran2 »

Eris wrote:
You bet!
[...]
I don't think I've been added to the game yet as I can't post in the char creation thread yet.
Into The Marches: Joe Whistler, 7B9378, 30, Army Captain, (3 terms).
Rifle-2, SMG-2, Vacc Suit-1, Brawling-1, Gunnery-1, Mechanic-1, Recon-1.
10,000 cr, SMG.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: In The Marches (Traveller) [Closed to New Applicants]

#27 Post by rredmond »

You may have had to wait for your second post to be approved. Try again! :)
And again, welcome!
--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Return to “Looking for players or games”