PBP Barrowmaze using DCC RPG

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

PBP Barrowmaze using DCC RPG

#1 Post by Raven Crowking »

I am looking to start a pbp game, exploring the Barrowmaze using the Dungeon Crawl Classics rules by Goodman Games. I have the full rules release pdf, but all players need to get going are the Beta Quickstart rules, located here: http://www.goodman-games.com/downloads/ ... 060811.pdf

Full Beta rules can be found here: http://www.goodman-games.com/DCCRPGbeta.html

Each player begins play with 4 0-level PCs. A random party of four can be generated here: http://jmarrdesign.com/dcc/

You can email me the resultant pdf at dbishop at danieljbishop dot ca, and be entered into the PC Roster, or you can use the Unseen Servant die roller to post your results here.

Each character must be made using the random process as listed, including 3d6 in order and random hit points. Dead characters are replaced at 1 level below the lowest other surviving character, to a minimum of 0. If you are required to make 0-lvl characters as a result, you make 4. Hopefully one will survive to 1st level. This is a potentially brutal game!

Between forays, new players may join. They start with 4 0-lvl characters, just as the original players did.

Best of luck, and look forward to the mayhem!

RC

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: PBP Barrowmaze using DCC RPG

#2 Post by Xaxyx »

I feel obliged to note that at this time, the Unseen Servant die roller is not functioning correctly. As a result, rolling [3d6], for example, will result in corrupt die rolls. Hence, I would strongly urge players who intend to roll up characters for this system to roll each [1d6] individually, and then add the scores manually.

Raven, I would refer you to this thread for further information regarding the current status of the US die roller.

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Raven Crowking »

Hmm.

How appropriate to the system that the dice are suffering from corruption. :lol:

In any event, since the initial character creation is random, the Purple Sorcerer Games method is quick and easy (the party creator link above). You use two or three characters as meatshields to keep the 1 or 2 best characters alive!

Lord Zack
Strider
Strider

#4 Post by Lord Zack »

I am interested.

This is the same Lord Zack as from EnWorld, in case you're wondering.

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by Raven Crowking »

Lord Zack wrote:I am interested.

Always glad to hear from you!

Is this the same Zack who sent me an email? If so, I just sent you one to say you're in.

I'll post the opening blurb and start a game thread tomorrow morning.

RC

ragboy
Strider
Strider

#6 Post by ragboy »

I want in! Characters sent!

Thanks,

Paul

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Raven Crowking »

We can start as soon as our campaign thread is added. I have sent in the request.

RC

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by Raven Crowking »

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=525

I will need people's Unseen Servant user names to add them to the forum so that they can post.

Lord Zack
Strider
Strider

#9 Post by Lord Zack »

Raven Crowking wrote:
Lord Zack wrote:I am interested.

Always glad to hear from you!

Is this the same Zack who sent me an email? If so, I just sent you one to say you're in.

I'll post the opening blurb and start a game thread tomorrow morning.

RC
Yep, that e-mail was from me.

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by Raven Crowking »

I believe everyone is added, and should be able to post. Please let me know if I am mistaken!

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=525

ragboy
Strider
Strider

#11 Post by ragboy »

I get a "Post Reply" button, so I assume I can post to that forum.

When do we start?

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by Raven Crowking »

ragboy wrote:I get a "Post Reply" button, so I assume I can post to that forum.

When do we start?
We start as soon as you post.

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by Raven Crowking »

Based on some feedback on the Goodman Games forum, I am considering the following:

All surviving characters that reach 1st level become a stable of potential replacements for killed characters. You choose which you are using as your "focus" for each expedition.

0-lvl peasant mooks can be hired by lvl 1+ characters to act as mercenaries, torchbearers, etc. You can use this to increase your stable of replacement characters as the game goes on.

RC

caveman
Guide
Guide

#14 Post by caveman »

Hmm. I had a busy day, but I just read the other thread and there is not a reply button. Try again to add me? caveman

Aguero, Tevez, Silva, and Huddlestone the Halfling are eager to explore this barrow, as Silva the Hunter has brought of his sewn deer pelt full of AppleJack with him to fortify the troops.

cheers!
Knave: Cedric the Defrauded Outlaw
Level 1 HP 8 Armor Defense 12
Str 11 Dex 11 Con 13 Int 13 Wis 14 Cha 12
(sinewy broken-faced but rosy cheeked, oily pompador, frayed tunic, courteous manner, but irascible tendencies, and squeaky voiced)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13hM ... sp=sharing

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by Raven Crowking »

Let's go with this: Someone (anyone) can suggest a course of action, with an action tag ("and that is what we do, if no one objects") and, if no one has objected after a reasonable waiting period (1d6 hours? ), we can move the game forward.

Does that sound fair?

(If there are no objections in 1d6 hours, I will assume that it is fair, and so shall it be.)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by rredmond »

Raven didn't you have your own system you were working on? Cool to see the DCC system being played here though! Very cool!

Welcome! I love the old DCC modules (before they went all glossy 4e on me :) ) and have copies of the 1E conversions. Stuff is awesome. I can't wait to lurk your game!!!

--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by Raven Crowking »

rredmond wrote:Raven didn't you have your own system you were working on? Cool to see the DCC system being played here though! Very cool!

Welcome! I love the old DCC modules (before they went all glossy 4e on me :) ) and have copies of the 1E conversions. Stuff is awesome. I can't wait to lurk your game!!!

--Ron--
Yes, I do, and I am running that system tonight.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by rredmond »

I think I have PDF of it somewhere. Good show man, and welcome again!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Raven Crowking »

rredmond wrote:I think I have PDF of it somewhere. Good show man, and welcome again!
Thanks. There is still a lot of work to do before I can have a "complete" system, and I recently posted a link to the most up-to-date version (which is still woefully out of date).

Hopefully, before the year is out, the Player's Guide will be done, the Wiki will be up and running, and the dedicated PBP forum for my persistent campaign world will also be open for business. But, there's a lot of work left to do, and that could be next year yet. It is taking a lot more effort than it might seem to from the outside!

(Also, kids from 2 relationships, making time for playing, making time for family, and working for a living all take their toll!)

RC

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by Raven Crowking »

Now taking callers for the second expedition....anyone from the first expedition is automatically allowed in, if they wish to participate.

Return to “Looking for players or games”