Pendragon

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
dok-el
Guide
Guide

Pendragon

#1 Post by dok-el »

Hi, this is an interest check to see if anyone wants to play in a Pendragon game?

The Basic Pitch

5.1 edition rules (or 5th if that's what you have to hand).
Starting characters would be household knights in the service of Duke Gorlois of Cornwall (mainly cos I live in Cornwall and fancy exploring some local mythology and folk tales).
Essentially conforming to Mallory's version of major events, but with perhaps more of a mythic feel than vanilla Pendragon. Some weird trippy celtic pagan stuff, for sure.
Also, quite gritty and bloody, with adult themes. I'm thinking sort-of an Arthurian Game of Thrones.

Major influences/sources: Mallory, Geoffrey of Monmouth, Chretien de Troyes, Excalibur (film), A Song of Ice And Fire (book series), The Great Pendragon Campaign (sourcebook by Greg Stafford)

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Pendragon

#2 Post by Scott308 »

Hopefully you'll get plenty of interest in this game. Pendragon is a great system. My Tuesday night group is currently playing Pendragon, and we're having a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I am not able to join another game right now, but for those who have never played Pendragon, I highly recommend it.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by DadsAngry »

My lord dok-el I graciously pledge my sword to your cause. I've been listening to The Esoteric Order of Roleplayers playing Pendragon for over a year and have wanted to try it out. I'll in.

DavetheLost
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by DavetheLost »

I have 5e and would be interested in playing. Just started season 4 of GoT, loved Excalibur, Mallory, etc.

You had me at Pendragon.
Playing: At the Forest's Edge: Desmond Halfling Vagabond
The Northern Marches: Hengist Cleric of Baudh

Rhal
Scout
Scout

#5 Post by Rhal »

I have 5.1e, and I love Arthurian tales. However, I have never gotten to play the game - so would be new to the system. If you would be willing to take on a new person to the system, I would definitely be interested.

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#6 Post by dok-el »

I'll keep checking in to see if there's enough interest to get a game started. There doesn't seem to be a present but that may change :)

smoke warrior
Tracker
Tracker

#7 Post by smoke warrior »

I'm willing to give it a try

granger44
Scout
Scout

#8 Post by granger44 »

I'm interested, though probably couldn't hack it if posting is required once per day.

wulfnor
Squire
Squire

#9 Post by wulfnor »

I would be interested as well. I have a PDF of 5.1.
<==)=+Good Gaming+=(==>

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by rredmond »

Welcome wulfnor!!
I don't think dok-el has been around in a bit, but hopefully you can get in a game soon!
--Ron--
PS: There's a two post moderation rule here, to avoid The Spam, so just letting you know why there might be a delay in seeing your first two posts. :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Return to “Looking for players or games”